Interesting thread on themeparks board ..party at stormalong bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Better still lets all have a pool party at the CR on a day when "CR fan for life " wants to relax with his family...Its OK we'll clear it with disney first..just like you reckon this party woman has.:lmao:
Oh and remember that means 20 or so cars parked at CR from off site people...is that suddenly oK with you too?

Oooh... oooh.... Let's not forget our mugs either because they have a FROZEN COKE DISPENSER... :banana:

and at last report IT WAS WORKING!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

But, let's be sure we don't take too much out... I wouldn't want to knock it out of order!!! :rotfl:

Good intentions... Now there's a topic.

The only reason the "Red DVC Van"thing bothered me, was those are paid for it would seem by DVC membership fees. Granted they have a beautiful fleet of them on the back lot at SSR. (Looks like a domestic vehicle M & M's parking lot)

Yet, some of us have to teach our children to expect what will be provided and offered by learning the rules, if we do then the fun magical unexpected things in life are just that more special. If we teach the children that rules don't apply, do as you will, then children might grow up thinking if they want it and don't get it, then all life is miserable and will learn to make those around them miserable.

Work hard, do your best and enjoy the fruits of your labors. OH and in honor of all the scouts everywhere, "BE PREPARED!";)

~DW:3dglasses

Oooh... oooh.... Let's not forget our mugs either because they have a FROZEN COKE DISPENSER... :banana:

and at last report IT WAS WORKING!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

But, let's be sure we don't take too much out... I wouldn't want to knock it out of order!!! :rotfl:

Suddenly I get this mental image of Robin Williams, dressed in a flowery, Hawaiian, shirt and shorts....a rubber-duckie innertube around his waist... his nose covered with that white stuff, with diving goggles and snorkel, diving fins adorn his feet....

I can hear him saying something like, "Yo, dude....where's the pool party?"

Only to be turned-away by the friendly CMs who unforutnately have to deal with this situation....

:rotfl2:

Some posters on this thread want to flame me by saying they will park at the Contemporary and go to the Magic Kingdom because they know it's something I am against. So they are basically going off topic to flame me because I am not agreeing with them about this topic, even though I am allowed to have my own opinion.

Honestly, I think that many of question why you would post on a DVC board and say that
If this party does happen, it would not effect my family and I since we won't be at WDW during this time and because we have never stayed at the Beach Club
Yet you continue to post on this and other DVC threads. It appears that you have some issue with DVC owners, as many of your posts (including the one that you posted on the resorts thread about this topic) bash DVC owners.

Many of us are not so self centered to only consider what happens when we will be onsite, or at a particular location. We also like to correct misinformation when we happen to see it posted on these boards, so that readers are not misinformed.

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND.....

Does anyone wonder how busy these boards are going to be this weekend, with many people checking up on the outcome?

Honestly, I think that many of question why you would post on a DVC board and say that Yet you continue to post on this and other DVC threads. It appears that you have some issue with DVC owners, as many of your posts (including the one that you posted on the resorts thread about this topic) bash DVC owners.

Many of us are not so self centered to only consider what happens when we will be onsite, or at a particular location. We also like to correct misinformation when we happen to see it posted on these boards, so that readers are not misinformed.

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND.....

Does anyone wonder how busy these boards are going to be this weekend, with many people checking up on the outcome?

I'll have my popcorn:: ..ready..To tune to the season finale of Stormalong Bay!:rotfl2: ..

We may never hear. Remember that the OP in the original thread was merely the mom of an invitee - and an invitee who couldn't even go and doesn't even know the birthday kid well. So the OP may not come back and post (or she may hear what went down from another Mom or kid and let us all satisfy our curiousity. I suspect that the party stopping (should such happen) will be done with discretion by Disney security, possibly even before the guests reach SAB.

On the other hand, maybe a DISer will witness a really spectacular pool side meltdown to report to the peanut gallery.

I'll have my popcorn:: ..ready..To tune to the season finale of Stormalong Bay!:rotfl2: ..

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That's hysterical! I love season finales!

I hope this one is produced better than some on TV with no cliffhangers!:scared1:

On the other hand, maybe a DISer will witness a really spectacular pool side meltdown to report to the peanut gallery.

I personally believe that there will be a number of unofficial DIS reporters on the scene, waiting to report the outcome.

The media frenzy will be so great that Denise will even catch wind of it over in Europe.... :rotfl:

It appears that you have some issue with DVC owners, as many of your posts (including the one that you posted on the resorts thread about this topic) bash DVC owners.

My guess, based on CRFAN's previous posts, is that he doesn't like it that us DVC'ers can: park in "his" parking lot (especially if we walk over to MK too!!!!), swim to our hearts content and take up chairs in "his" pool, and go to "his" food court to drink "his" frozen coke. :rotfl:

....all without being registered guests of "his" hotel.

But I still can't figure out why he bashes us DVC owners in our own thread, but puts a Contemporary DVC banner in his signature??? :confused:

Exactly. One thing that seperates a DVC owner from a 'regular hardcore fan' of a certain resort is they have a vested long term financial interest in that resort. If Disney decided to stop the maintenance at one of their other resorts or allow anyone they wanted to use whatever they wanted, that's really their business. If the hardcore fan has a problem, just stop going and find a new favorite resort and/or screen name.

But when DVC members are actually paying through dues for the upkeep of all the services at a resort and sometimes set it up to get monthly reminders of that relationship with their checking account, it's natural to be interested in what's goes on.

...The most interesting fix to the whole hypothetical scenario has been the suggestion proposed by one poster. The suggestion was, IF things went wrong for the party mom and her DD that DVC get their red DVC vans and
haul the whole party to BB. HA! That would be the most unheard of magical party in world! I understand that opinions are widely spread on the boards, I am very respectful of that ,but that one just blew me away... A party mom's supposed bad planning goes wrong, party mom throws fit and THEN would get DVC vans to haul them all to Blizzard Beach???? :confused3

I know it was a suggestion but , it made me cringe for some reason...:scared:

Sometimes I think DISers forget that not everyone is as well-versed in the "rules and regs" as many of you. Let's not forget that (according to reports) this mom contacted Disney and got an OK, a quite logical move for someone that for instance visits once every year or two and does not spend time on Disney message boards. I have read many a post about DIS members that have received erroneous information from CMs, whether in MS, CRO, on site, etc. - why is it so difficult for some to realize that it is quite possible that this woman believes what she is doing is just fine? And, if indeed she received erroneous info, do you not think Disney should have any responsibility in a solution? (not necessarily deploy the red vans, but something?).

IMO, this is a completely separate issue than those that are simply irate because of the perceived effect of a child's birthday party at SAB (I say perceived as it has not yet occurred). One can be upset at the effect, but still recognize the mother may have no clue that what she is doing may not be permissible.

I personally believe that there will be a number of unofficial DIS reporters on the scene, waiting to report the outcome.

The media frenzy will be so great that Denise will even catch wind of it over in Europe.... :rotfl:

Yes, I just don't have a lens that long to capture it myself!

Maybe everyone should take stations. One at the front desk :chat: , one at Stormalong Bay :beach: , one at the parking lot :moped: . :) (just kidding, really!) But at this point, the story has taken on a life of it's own! I really can't imagine that Disney would be okay with 20 kids and some parents just showing up at the pool unless the mom paid for it in advance (and she may have, there could be a birthday party set up).

But, I'll be in Paris. :artist:

My guess, based on CRFAN's previous posts, is that he doesn't like it that us DVC'ers can: park in "his" parking lot (especially if we walk over to MK too!!!!), swim to our hearts content and take up chairs in "his" pool, and go to "his" food court to drink "his" frozen coke. :rotfl:

....all without being registered guests of "his" hotel.

But I still can't figure out why he bashes us DVC owners in our own thread, but puts a Contemporary DVC banner in his signature??? :confused:
For the record I never said I hated Disney Vacation Club members. You just came to that conclusion because I was not following everyone elses opinions about this topic.

The way you don't want this pool party to happen is the same way guests should not leave their cars parked in the guest parking lot at the Contemporary, because they want to visit the Magic Kingdom after eating at a restaurant there.

Not that it's any of your business, but I have the DVC Contemporay banner in my signature because it's my favorite WDW Resort.

Sometimes I think DISers forget that not everyone is as well-versed in the "rules and regs" as many of you. Let's not forget that (according to reports) this mom contacted Disney and got an OK, a quite logical move for someone that for instance visits once every year or two and does not spend time on Disney message boards. I have read many a post about DIS members that have received erroneous information from CMs, whether in MS, CRO, on site, etc. - why is it so difficult for some to realize that it is quite possible that this woman believes what she is doing is just fine? And, if indeed she received erroneous info, do you not think Disney should have any responsibility in a solution? (not necessarily deploy the red vans, but something?).

IMO, this is a completely separate issue than those that are simply irate because of the perceived effect of a child's birthday party at SAB (I say perceived as it has not yet occurred). One can be upset at the effect, but still recognize the mother may have no clue that what she is doing may not be permissible.

As far as rules go, they are posted at every pool at any resort. That takes no effort to read DIS to figure those out.
Don't know what you think you read in my post, but I'm neither irate nor upset.
I was only posting my opinion about the suggestion of the use of DVC vehicles and members fees that pay for those vehicles.

Responsibility is sometimes easier to lay at another's door. That happens at Disney or elsewhere.

I have in many posts said Ido want the child to have a wonderful party, however, IMHO this hypothetical situation does not sound as if it will go well.

Exactly. One thing that seperates a DVC owner from a 'regular hardcore fan' of a certain resort is they have a vested long term financial interest in that resort. If Disney decided to stop the maintenance at one of their other resorts or allow anyone they wanted to use whatever they wanted, that's really their business. If the hardcore fan has a problem, just stop going and find a new favorite resort and/or screen name.

But when DVC members are actually paying through dues for the upkeep of all the services at a resort and sometimes set it up to get monthly reminders of that relationship with their checking account, it's natural to be interested in what's goes on.

While I posted that this issue does not overly affect me, I was referring more to the intensity than the actual issue. There have been some pretty strong reactions to this issue IMO. I agree with the idea of "some interest", but the responses of some posters (on the two threads) seems to be a bit extreme considering (a) it hasn't happened yet, so both the number of guests and the overall effect on the facility is all speculation and (b) there will be no direct inconvenience and (c) Disney is pretty good overall at mitigating "problems".

Let's suppose that this mom did get the "OK" (even though the general consensus is she should not have received permission), AND that it is due to no error on her part (ie, she did not misrepresent to the CM, she did indeed call, etc.). The options once the guests arrive are limited - exclude the kids and leave a bad taste in the mouths of a number of Disney guests, or allow them to stay and risk offending a number of DVC owners. What would people suggest be done in that situation, and what do you think a savvy marketer (ie, Disney) will do? That's really the bottom line, IMHO. (opinion worth price charged ;) )

While I posted that this issue does not overly affect me, I was referring more to the intensity than the actual issue. There have been some pretty strong reactions to this issue IMO. I agree with the idea of "some interest", but the responses of some posters (on the two threads) seems to be a bit extreme considering (a) it hasn't happened yet, so both the number of guests and the overall effect on the facility is all speculation and (b) there will be no direct inconvenience and (c) Disney is pretty good overall at mitigating "problems".

Let's suppose that this mom did get the "OK" (even though the general consensus is she should not have received permission), AND that it is due to no error on her part (ie, she did not misrepresent to the CM, she did indeed call, etc.). The options once the guests arrive are limited - exclude the kids and leave a bad taste in the mouths of a number of Disney guests, or allow them to stay and risk offending a number of DVC owners. What would people suggest be done in that situation, and what do you think a savvy marketer (ie, Disney) will do? That's really the bottom line, IMHO. (opinion worth price charged ;) )

Well there are many more than two options for this party...Its not as cut and dry as 1) exclude the kids and leave a bad taste in the mouths ..or 2) allow them to stay and upset guests.
How about party mom coughs up the dough and pays for the kids to go to BB..or TL...or one of the many many restaurants...mini golf..theme parks ..you name it ..its there to be had.:)
Of course this requires party mom actually putting her hand in her own pocket..thats something for her to decide on the day.popcorn::

This is one of the funniest threads I have read in ages...:lmao: :rotfl:
Lets hope there is a Stormalong bay the sequel.:happytv:

For the record I never said I hated Disney Vacation Club members. You just came to that conclusion because I was not following everyone elses opinions about this topic.

The way you don't want this pool party to happen is the same way guests should not leave their cars parked in the guest parking lot at the Contemporary, because they want to visit the Magic Kingdom after eating at a restaurant there.

Not that it's any of your business, but I have the DVC Contemporay banner in my signature because it's my favorite WDW Resort.

I never said that you said you hated DVC members. Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said I didn't want the party to happen. Don't put words in my mouth.

If they go about this the right way -- renting rooms for the number of guests they are bringing, then the party will happen, despite of what you think I want.

You really had no reason to come into this thread at all besides to instigate DVC members, did you? You haven't added anything of value other than to "remind us" that SAB isn't our exclusive property! Yeah, we know that already.

So for our next trip I will book one studio at BCV and everyone can come to SAB as my guest for a little party! What they allow for one DVC member, they should allow for all dues-paying DVC members.

Everyone bring your suits! I'm having a party too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter