Irma, Results for Canceling/Rescheduling ONLY (no debate or if you should or shouldn't)

Has anyone made a reservation change online? It doesn't look like it's going to charge me any 'fees' to do it. But, I'm reluctant to hit the enter key :scared: and get a nasty surprise penalty.
I did yesterday. I removed two days from the beginning of my trip and no charges. Mind you, this was a room only reservation.

Held for 2 1/2 hours yesterday morning and finally got through. My original reservation was a split stay for 9/9-9/11 at ASMo and 9/11-9/15 at CSR. Changed my reservation to where i'm now flying in 9/13 and staying at CSR 9/13 to 9/15 and POP from 9/15 to 9/19. Hopefully everything will be okay by next Wednesday! Fingers crossed! If not, I will be calling back again to reschedule once again. CM I talked to yesterday was fabulous. Sad to lose my FP+ and dining, but happy to have been able to reschedule days. I was even able to grab a Frozen FP for next Friday the 15th at 11am no less! I did have to call back again today b/c my new POP res wasn't showing in MDE and after holding for 4 hours the CM i spoke with was snarky/borderline rude. I was extra nice to him b/c i imagine he is going through a ton of stress. I'm sure all the CMs are working extra long hours right now while also worrying about their homes/lives. Disappointing b/c I'd never encountered a rude CM before (I was honestly taken aback by his tone)... but this is a SUPER weird time and I didnt want to add to his stress by being snarky/rude back. My niceness finally softened his tone by the end. It has to be super hard right now for everyone down there. Anyway, sending tons of pixie dust to all of Florida right now. I hope everyone stays safe and I hope our beloved Disney World withstands the storm.

I did yesterday. I removed two days from the beginning of my trip and no charges. Mind you, this was a room only reservation.

Thanks - mine is also a room-only. I'm moving it to next weekend and shortening by a day and then need to make a new reservation for one night since I can't get consecutive nights at the resorts I'm interested in.

I called yesterday (9/6) to change my reservation. Short wait for reservation change, 1.5 hours for ticket change.

Original Booking:
Sept. 8-11
ASMo, standard, room only promotion
Cake order scheduled for 9/8 Delivery
MNSSHP tickets 9/10

Changed, with no problems, to:
Oct. 25-28
ASMo, preferred, room only. Additional $140
MNSSHP tickets 10/26

The cake order was cancelled with no issues. I'm including this information to represent other types of extras that can be ordered for a stay.

The new dates we booked were the only ones available in the month of October for a Wednesday- Saturday stay with the promotional availability at ASMo.

We were scheduled to check in to SSR tomorrow, staying on rented points from David's site. I called WDW reservations/guest services to let them know that I don't expect a refund but that we would not be arriving.

I was passed around and put on hold a little. It turns out she was talking to the room scheduler. They have many cruise passengers to shelter until Saturday and were grateful I had called. They even refunded the points to the member we rented from. I was very surprised!

Now to track down if I can be reimbursed....

We were scheduled to check in to SSR tomorrow, staying on rented points from David's site. I called WDW reservations/guest services to let them know that I don't expect a refund but that we would not be arriving.

I was passed around and put on hold a little. It turns out she was talking to the room scheduler. They have many cruise passengers to shelter until Saturday and were grateful I had called. They even refunded the points to the member we rented from. I was very surprised!

Now to track down if I can be reimbursed....

You deserve some good karma for doing what you did pixiedust: let's hope (and I personally think it's owed to you) that there is some recompense coming your way since the points were returned to the original owner.

You deserve some good karma for doing what you did pixiedust: let's hope (and I personally think it's owed to you) that there is some recompense coming your way since the points were returned to the original owner.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Disney isn't going to pay David's for the room the PP gave up. The owner may not have wanted their points back. I know that I would not want the ones I rented out for next weekend. They expire at the end of this month and I would have no way to use them because everything is booked. I rented them out for that very reason! They could have been rented out to someone else, for another weekend any time from the day when I put them out there for rent. They would be worth nothing to me if I got them back.

I hope the PP had trip insurance. I think it was the right decision to cancel. Prays for all of those in the path of this storm.

Are 5 1/2 hours on the phone ( finally hung up around 2:30 AM and this guy was in Orlando and have been at work from 630 that morning, I had talk to another cast member in California earlier that day and had gotten disconnected while on hold so they are calling in reinforcements ) I was finally able to push my arrival date back by five days so instead of checking in on the 11th we are checking in on the 15th. The cast member we spoke to was very accommodating and said if we were still unable to make it down by that time because of the conditions of the road etc. they would happily move us around again we were able to keep our free dining and our original room choice at the cabins at ft wilderness. He did warn us that our extra three days tacked onto the end at the campsites might not be available depending on how Irma treats the campsites. Guest services were the only cast members can make those changes and keep our free dining promotion. It wasn't even a problem at all. Just needed to reschedule during the original offer dates pending availability.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Disney isn't going to pay David's for the room the PP gave up. The owner may not have wanted their points back. I know that I would not want the ones I rented out for next weekend. They expire at the end of this month and I would have no way to use them because everything is booked. I rented them out for that very reason! They could have been rented out to someone else, for another weekend any time from the day when I put them out there for rent. They would be worth nothing to me if I got them back.

I hope the PP had trip insurance. I think it was the right decision to cancel. Prays for all of those in the path of this storm.

My credit card will cover our lost expense if David's doesn't refund if MCO closes for at least 24 hours. I'm fairly certain that will happen. I normally buy a policy but stupidly didn't this time!

My credit card will cover our lost expense if David's doesn't refund if MCO closes for at least 24 hours. I'm fairly certain that will happen. I normally buy a policy but stupidly didn't this time!
Glad that you're covered and I'm sure that the cruise guests that will be staying in your vacated villa are grateful for the shelter. I've been reading Facebook posts on another DVC rental agency's website and it appears that they are refusing to refund renters that purchased the "cancel for any reason" coverage that they sell. The company is not responding to those posts so far. I would hope that David's would work with the renters and the owners to make a replacement reservation whenever possible. In my case, there's no way to be able to re-book a reservation since the points are banked from the previous UY and cannot be banked again. There's no availability between now and the end of the month when they expire. So, if my renter should decide to cancel (who knows what travel conditions will be like at the end of next week?), there's nothing that I could do for them.

I spent hours changing my reservation on Wednesday and was not given free dining and had to go from deluxe to mod and drop park hoppers as well as bring money to the table to cover cost of the dining plan. After reading on here where people were able to keep free dining, I called back yesterday and after sitting on hold for over 6 hours guest services worked magic for me! Then I had another three hour wait to move MNSSHP tickets. We was supposed to arrive for our first ever family vacation today. 9/8-9/15. Now we are arriving 9/15 staying thru 9/22.

This morning I wake up to a bunch emails saying all my fast passes will be cancelled by tomorrow as we don't have tickets.(they were made for the new dates) My reservation is gone out of MDE. I called three times so far and was told the reservation says "error" and they can't see it. Then the CM says they need guest services. Each time, my call has been dropped.... I'm trying a 4th time. (this music is driving me batty!)

Do you think our modified reservations are now gone?? After all I went through I am so scared they have disappeared into thin air. Anyone else having this issue?

Spent over 4 hours on the phone on 9/6 cancelling our hotel and MTSSHP tickets. Super bummed since this was an anniversary trip and we had the 20% off for AKL. Original dates were 9/7-9/12 with a flight layover in Miami ....

Since we didn't want to pay the extra 20%, or wait until January, we are now staying at ASMR 9/25-10/1. Added an extra day in the hotel and 2 extra park days. Going to MNSSHO on 9/26. Pocketing the rest.

Sad not to have the perfect FPs and ADRs, but know that we made the right choice for us with this storm.

Remember to cancel all dining reservations on MDE if you move your trip or you will get charged.

Spent over 4 hours on the phone on 9/6 cancelling our hotel and MTSSHP tickets. Super bummed since this was an anniversary trip and we had the 20% off for AKL. Original dates were 9/7-9/12 with a flight layover in Miami ....

Since we didn't want to pay the extra 20%, or wait until January, we are now staying at ASMR 9/25-10/1. Added an extra day in the hotel and 2 extra park days. Going to MNSSHO on 9/26. Pocketing the rest.

Sad not to have the perfect FPs and ADRs, but know that we made the right choice for us with this storm.

Remember to cancel all dining reservations on MDE if you move your trip or you will get charged.
Disney is suspending all ADR no-show fees for today thru Monday. They are also not accepting any new ADRs for those days (IOW, if you cancel, it doesn't open up that table for someone else.)

I spent hours changing my reservation on Wednesday and was not given free dining and had to go from deluxe to mod and drop park hoppers as well as bring money to the table to cover cost of the dining plan. After reading on here where people were able to keep free dining, I called back yesterday and after sitting on hold for over 6 hours guest services worked magic for me! Then I had another three hour wait to move MNSSHP tickets. We was supposed to arrive for our first ever family vacation today. 9/8-9/15. Now we are arriving 9/15 staying thru 9/22.

This morning I wake up to a bunch emails saying all my fast passes will be cancelled by tomorrow as we don't have tickets.(they were made for the new dates) My reservation is gone out of MDE. I called three times so far and was told the reservation says "error" and they can't see it. Then the CM says they need guest services. Each time, my call has been dropped.... I'm trying a 4th time. (this music is driving me batty!)

Do you think our modified reservations are now gone?? After all I went through I am so scared they have disappeared into thin air. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm still waiting to hear back from my TA about our reservations, but I'm really hoping she can pull some strings on the free dining, it would make a huge difference in our trip. Glad you were able to call back and get it! hopefully your modified reservations show back up, the site has seemed super glitchy this morning though so I wouldn't worry about it too much quite yet...

So after spending 10 hour total on the phone yesterday and 3 the day before to move my dates to another week, my reservations are missing, hence the fast pass cancellation warning. (they will be cancelled tomorrow bc it shows we don't have tickets) The CM I spoke with tried all sorts of things but could not open my reservation. The first 2 CMs only saw the word "error." The internet help desk told the CM they couldn't find our reservations but could see the pending cancellation of fast passes. They said the only thing to do is to be transferred to guest services again with a possible 4 hour wait......

So after spending 10 hour total on the phone yesterday and 3 the day before to move my dates to another week, my reservations are missing, hence the fast pass cancellation warning. (they will be cancelled tomorrow bc it shows we don't have tickets) The CM I spoke with tried all sorts of things but could not open my reservation. The first 2 CMs only saw the word "error." The internet help desk told the CM they couldn't find our reservations but could see the pending cancellation of fast passes. They said the only thing to do is to be transferred to guest services again with a possible 4 hour wait......

Oh god.. what a nightmare. I read somewhere (this thread maybe?) that if you dial the guest services number yourself you can get through quicker than from being transferred... not sure if you want to try that or not. It's a gamble haha

Made these changes last night. Short hold for reservation change. Max 30 minutes including hold time.

Original Plan:
Arrive Sat Sept 9
Depart Wed Sept 13
CR Garden Wing Garden View

New Plan:
Arrive Oct 26
Depart Oct 30
AKL

Ticketing hold was 3 hours to change our MNSSHP ticket date.

Both cast members were great. We had a great rate for that Garden View room and the AKL is not the room category we wanted but what are you going to do? :confused3

Sad we lost our FOP FP and our great rate we had at the CR but glad we were able to reschedule. :earboy2:

Spending a second day trying to get through to guest services.....waited over six hours yesterday when my wireless phone died. Today I waited over a hour to get to a castmember in order to be transferred again, only she put me in to the survey instead of transferring to guest services. Another call, another hour, did get my transfer and have been waiting almost two hours. Hope I am successful at keeping my free dining plan and moving the trip to Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully everything will be okay by then! Has anyone else had any luck with keeping their plan? I see a few have and a few have not. Wonder what makes the difference? If they don't let me keep it, I guess I will have to wait another year to go.

I just changed my September 10th MNSSHP ticket to a date in October and the CM tried to charge me the price difference. I quoted the email and she finally waived the difference in price. She acted unaware of the hurricane?! BTW, my wait time on the phone was just 36 minutes.

After 6 hours on hold yesterday before my phone died and 4 hours of waiting today, Disney did perform some magic for me. Got my dates moved AND they let me keep my free dining plan! She even was able to keep me at Pop Century in a preferred room. I can't believe it! So excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter