It's October! Tell us your spooky Halloweenie stories!

moon

DIS Veteran
Here is one:

Karl was walking in the woods at midnight when he saw a little girl nearby. He asked her "Little girl, aren't you afraid to be walking in the woods all alone at this hour?

The child replies "I was afraid when I was alive..." :eek: :faint:

OK. I don't know any Karl and I only heard that story...is just that I don't have any good personal anecdote to tell. Not a good enough one to post anyway, but I know many of you do, so please share!

This guy still gives me the creeps
Tait_MichaleMyers.jpg

I grew up in Canada and was always very into the outdoors, hiking, camping, rock climbing, etc. One summer I went on a 4 day/3 night camping trip near my parents' house on my own. Might sound weird but I had been to this area many times and it was quite safe. Anyway, I brought my camera and took lots of pictures. When I came back and developed my film, there were 3 extra pictures that I didn't take... of me... sleeping. One for each night I had stayed outdoors.
None of my stuff was missing or stolen and nothing happened, but it freaked the hell out of me.

Another...

My mom and I lived alone in a two bedroom apartment. For starters the closet in my room was weird, it had sliding doors and an elevated bottom (2-3 feet higher than the floor). Being the messy person I was; the doors were always open and stuff was everywhere.

So one night, I randomly woke up. I couldn't explain why, but something just felt really off. I sat up in my bed and started looking around my room. Sitting in my closet was my mom. She just sat there perfectly still in her nightclothes, straight-backed with her hands on her knees, and she was staring right at me. I called to her a few times, but she never moved and never acknowledged that I had even spoken to her. After a while I gave up and just laid back down to go to sleep (it was my mom so I didn't feel threatened or anything).

The next morning over breakfast as I was digging into whatever sugary awesomeness I was having, I asked my Mom why she was sitting in my closet last night. My Mom looked at me like I had lost my damned mind and asked me why would she sit in my closet and that she hadn't left her room all night. My mom isn't much for fibbing or playing pranks so I believed her and it freaked me the hell out.

I never left those damned closet doors open again.

I grew up in Canada and was always very into the outdoors, hiking, camping, rock climbing, etc. One summer I went on a 4 day/3 night camping trip near my parents' house on my own. Might sound weird but I had been to this area many times and it was quite safe. Anyway, I brought my camera and took lots of pictures. When I came back and developed my film, there were 3 extra pictures that I didn't take... of me... sleeping. One for each night I had stayed outdoors.
None of my stuff was missing or stolen and nothing happened, but it freaked the hell out of me.

That's one of the creepeiest things I've ever heard! :scared1: Did you ever go camping after that?

Another...

My mom and I lived alone in a two bedroom apartment. For starters the closet in my room was weird, it had sliding doors and an elevated bottom (2-3 feet higher than the floor). Being the messy person I was; the doors were always open and stuff was everywhere.

So one night, I randomly woke up. I couldn't explain why, but something just felt really off. I sat up in my bed and started looking around my room. Sitting in my closet was my mom. She just sat there perfectly still in her nightclothes, straight-backed with her hands on her knees, and she was staring right at me. I called to her a few times, but she never moved and never acknowledged that I had even spoken to her. After a while I gave up and just laid back down to go to sleep (it was my mom so I didn't feel threatened or anything).

The next morning over breakfast as I was digging into whatever sugary awesomeness I was having, I asked my Mom why she was sitting in my closet last night. My Mom looked at me like I had lost my damned mind and asked me why would she sit in my closet and that she hadn't left her room all night. My mom isn't much for fibbing or playing pranks so I believed her and it freaked me the hell out.

I never left those damned closet doors open again.

Yikes! I NEVER sleep with the closet doors open. I just can't!

That's one of the creepeiest things I've ever heard! :scared1: Did you ever go camping after that?

Yikes! I NEVER sleep with the closet doors open. I just can't!

Nope. I think this and that Blair witch movie sort of stopped me from going alone. lol.

Creepy closet nightmares are the worst. lol

Last edited:
So, no one really has experienced anything? Come on, tell us

Our finished basement is haunted. We have a laundry room and then off to the left is my uncle's workroom where he keeps his tools and where the hot water heater and the furnace are. No door to shut. Everyone in the house has experienced the feeling of being watched from the workroom as we do laundry, but we tended to pooh-pooh it as nerves because the room is dark or whatever.

So, I used to sleep down there during the summer in the finished portion where there's a sofa. One early morning a couple of years ago, I opened my eyes just as a black figure loomed over me right at my face. It was only just light, but it was light enough for me to see a head and shoulders, and it blotted out the light from the window across the room. I grabbed my pillows and shot upstairs. I could have beaten Usain Bolt up those steps.

I still sit down there in the finished portion to do my crafts since that's the only place to spread out my supplies, but I have a strict rule that I come upstairs promptly at six and give whatever it is the basement for the night.

Oh yes, a couple of weeks ago I went into the workroom to reset a tripped circuit breaker. As I was leaving, I heard a low but distinct growl. Everyone in the house thinks I've taken the 'ghost thing' a bit too far now and that it was probably an animal outside the window. I don't think so, and that's my spooky story.

We have the “Kitchen Ghost”. He/she showed up when we remodeled. Things fall off of the walls, one time a spatula fell out of the utensil holder and landed across the room (impossible for it to land where it did). The dog will just go and stare into the back of the kitchen for seemingly no reason.

DH swears he hears me call him when he’s in the shower, even if I’m not home. I don’t know about that one though, because I always hear what I think are my kids’ voices when I’m showering. Phantom family :rotfl:

Another random...

One night my mom heard a crash noise in our kitchen but figured I was up and dropped something. The next morning my brother walked downstairs and thought there was ice on the kitchen floor but he said after looking at it, the 'ice' wasn't melting. It was glass shards. They cleaned up the glass which was on the floor, countertops, and even under the lip of the countertops along the top of some drawers/cabinets. It was as if someone stood back and threw a glass object at the wall or something.

We had no idea what it was from. The glass was too thick to be any of the vases or glasses or even some bowls in the house. We had a family meeting in the kitchen trying to figure out what happened and where the glass came from. We still have no idea.

This...

I was once showering, door locked, when I heard the blinds fall down in the bathroom. It freaked me out so I pull back the shower curtain to investigate. I am thinking my brother is trying to break in and play a prank on me or something, so I pull the blinds up to look out the window. The window was completely fogged over from the inside minus one large solitary hand print. I was scared as hell, finished my shower and told my family. We all compared our handprints to that of the one on the window. No ones was as big.

I went to the pumpkin farm, and the rudeness of other parents scared me from ever leaving my house again.....

Feels like every time I go to a little store called Costco. I almost always have to dodge people in shopping carts. They'll bulldoze you. lol

It happened one Halloween just off I-10 in Louisiana. A man pulled off the highway take a break for a snooze behind one lone gas station. Funny he thought to himself. I was just through here last week and I don't remember this being here. The mind can sometimes play tricks like that. He should have known better than to park next to those hanging chainsaws in a horror story. But I digress. Suddenly he awoke with a start to a haunting sound... I am the Viper. It started from the other side of the gas station faint, through the trees. Where had his family gone? He wondered. They must have gone into the station for some food. Suddenly, he herd a chilling scream. Was that his wife and daughter screaming. followed by that voice. I am the viper. Suddenly he gets out of he car and follows a path into he woods. I am the Viper. Close now. He runs. I am the Viper. Twisting his ankle, he goes down just as the voice is near. I am the Viper. I am the Viper. He could see something shambling out of he woods. I am he Viper!!! I AM THE VIPER. Closing his eyes, he knew he was a goner. And then suddenly he felt it upon him. Cringing in fear, he heard. I am the Viper. You Vant your Vindows Viped?

So you take some advice from the captain of he ole candy corn express. You ever see a lone gas station off of I-10 in Louisiana on Halloween night, you just truck right on past it.

Well this happened decades ago, and was all in my head. It was actually Halloween night, and I had gone to a midnight showing of the movie Halloween. The movie was over and I was going back to the place I was renting with two roommates, both of whom were gone for the weekend. Upon entering the house, it was cold inside, meaning the furnace was off and needed to be restarted, and where was it? Why the basement of course. So I flipped the light switch and no basement light came on. The only other light down there was one of those bare bulbs with a string hanging down, and it was halfway into the basement, by the furnace. Some light from the kitchen illuminated most of the stairs at least. The rest of the basement was a big empty room, except for a lone wooden door in the middle of the wall at the far end. I slowly crept down the stairs into the dark basement, listening intently for any indication that the door on the far wall was opening, and reaching around trying to feel for that string for the light, and wondering if I would find that before I felt something else down there. I found the string, put the light on, looked to make sure that door was still shut, started going thought the procedure to restart the furnace, frequently looking over my shoulder to make sure that door remained closed. I got the furnace going, gave one more look to make sure that door was still closed, pulled that string and ran as fast as I could back to the stairs! I waited till morning to change the bulb in the basement that had burned out!

Great stories!

I'm remembering one that happened to my grandparents. They were newlyweds. One night, they heard noises in their backyard. They thought someone had broken in. They didn't have a phone, so they left the house to walk to the police station (a couple of blocks away, small town) when they turned around the corner where they could see their backyard, they saw two balls of light, or fire, floating. They were sort of dancing, or maybe battling each other.

My grandfather was so shaken up that his jaw was trembling. My grandmother told him "let me do the talking, I don't want anyone to notice you like this". When they went back, everything was normal.

They always swore it happened

Several years ago dd11, dh, and I spent the night in a hotel in Savannah, Ga. After spending the day touring, we were exhausted and looking forward to a good night's sleep. My dh woke up in the middle of the night and saw the ghost of an elderly woman emerging from the wall next to our bed . When "she" turned and saw him, she zoomed back into the wall. DH fortunately did not wake us to tell us what he saw, because I would probably have fled the hotel room in my pajamas! He managed to fall back asleep , woke up again, and saw her a second time. He told me when I woke up in the morning. As we were checking out, we asked the front desk staff if anyone had ever reported seeing anything "unusual". They replied "You mean ghosts? Yes, people report that all the time. Tell us what room and exactly what you saw so we can make note of it". It was a strange experience. Btw- we were not staying at an old historic hotel, it was at a Comfort Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter