Jambo no longer home resort for Kidani owners?!!

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
With the recent changes to the DVC website it looks like AKL owners cannot book both Jambo and Kidani as their home resort! I hope this is a website glitch and not a DVC decision. Does anyone know the rules on if DVC is even allowed to do this?

I own at AKL Kidani, but I just tried to book an AKL Jambo room with my points in March and it tells me my window for this resort doesn’t open until OCt. But it would be open in March if I was considered a home resort owner. This must be a recent change since I am booked at Jambo club level this July (which I booked at 11 months out).

My guess it's a glitch, it's a little late to change it now with all of the legal filings in place for so long.

:earsboy: Bill

With the recent changes to the DVC website it looks like AKL owners cannot book both Jambo and Kidani as their home resort! I hope this is a website glitch and not a DVC decision. Does anyone know the rules on if DVC is even allowed to do this?

I own at AKL Kidani, but I just tried to book an AKL Jambo room with my points in March and it tells me my window for this resort doesn’t open until OCt. But it would be open in March if I was considered a home resort owner. This must be a recent change since I am booked at Jambo club level this July (which I booked at 11 months out).
It's a known issue. You can still call MS to book Jambo with your Kidani points. It's an IT glitch (go figure that one!) and they are "working on it".

Website glitch.

Anything else would be a legal change and that hasn't happened. It's not something that DVC could arbitrarily decide since AKV association consists of both buildings.

There's definitely something wrong with the system. Since you mentioned that you can book your home resort in March, I assume that you're trying to book for Feb of the next year...then 7mths would be July...so the fact that it says Oct doesn't make any sense.

I was given both building points as an option to book Kidani.

I tried this morning, I have a Jambo contract and we recently purchased a CC contract and it won't let me book either. Calling MS, I am sure the club room will be gone by then though. Frustrating....

I tried this morning, I have a Jambo contract and we recently purchased a CC contract and it won't let me book either. Calling MS, I am sure the club room will be gone by then though. Frustrating....
That would be awful. Too have the AK home resort advantage to book CL then not being able to because of IT issues, so not right.

I ended up being able to get it but if you own at Kidani you have to manual choose AKL Jambo from the list to see them.

Seriously - what does your CONTRACT say?
This is not our home resort. But the DVC CONTRACT will help you. What does it say?

DVC does know whether you own at Jambo House or at Kidani based on the Unit number and contract numbers. However all the contracts/deeds indicate you are owners of points at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas in bold lettering. This titling is what matters.

Besides the problem online has been fixed, in a poor manner, but you can still book at the 11 month mark at either Jambo House or Kidani Village.

Besides the problem online has been fixed, in a poor manner, but you can still book at the 11 month mark at either Jambo House or Kidani Village.
Agreed. With the new design of the booking tool, they really should preselect BOTH Jambo House and Kidani Village for AKV owners.

Until such time that it's changed (IF EVER), AKV owners will need to manually select the other building (if necessary) when booking an AKV stay. If a member has multiple AKV contracts with at least one associated with each building, they should see both preselected in the booking tool.

Maybe AKV owners should send an email to the DVC Member Satisfaction Team to express their frustration in needing to manually select a home resort that they are contractually able to book at 11 months.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Now that I understand the issue and “fix”, and having worked in customer service before where I found out that most people read nothing and almost no one has a clue what they are doing on even the easiest of websites...I would lay money on that being on purpose. I’d they show both, it helps the ones who know what they are doing and who read, but I bet it would mess up many people who thought they were booking Kidani (because that’s the Dvc resort) but end up booking Jambo accidentally.

I still wish they'd just put all the resorts back in an ordered list and forget having the 2 separate sections. There are not that many resorts and it's unnecessary IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter