Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

You can still put in a request for a partial savanna view when you book standard view. After our past trip I booked the view I wanted so I agree with @gillep. We were lucky to get a military discount for savanna view so it works for us...hopefully.

There are very few places on this Earth where the resort or hotel view matters to me. AKL is one of those places, along with the beach. If I book ocean front I do not mean craning my neck around a corner to see the Ocean. i mean ocean front If I book Savannah view, I do not mean peering around bushes, rocks, rooftops or parking lots to see the Savannah. I mean Savanna view, and I will pay for it. I am afraid to roll the dice and hope for the partial view or the unexpected upgrade.

If WDW decided to pool all these rooms into one category and I was the party who got the partial, I would complain. I agree with those who doubt DIsney woudl retreat back to the days when partial views were charged as full view and then deal with those of us for whom views are seldom a concern so when we plan for one, we want what we paid for.

LOL! I learned my lesson years ago when I booked ocean view for a long weekend for my DH and I. It was a lot less money and I really had no idea how much view mattered in this instance. Holy Moly!!!! That angled balcony was his line in the sand moving forward! LOL!

Hi all! Just booked a standard room for February. Last time we stayed at AKL, we also had a standard room but had requested a partial savannah view. We did get one and it was great. The only negative was that it was about a ten minute walk from the lobby. Are there any standard rooms, which could have a partial savannah view that are closer to the lobby or would they all be at the total end of the wings? Thanks.
Rooms overlooking the people pens on Kudu trail (Sunset savanna side,) Zebra trail (Uzima savanna side,) and probably some of the Ostrich trail rooms fronting Sunset savanna have in the past been standard view.
AKL Jambo has changed view categories through the years. When they opened it was CL, savanna view, and standard view. Then they added pool view. Then they added, but later dropped, Arusha savanna view. Currently it’s CL, savanna, pool, or standard. Further complicating things is the fact that DVC has also changed view categories. The DVC villas on the 5th floor are savanna, standard, or value - no pool.
Before they changed the DVC views at AKL Jambo and before I owned DVC there, I booked a savanna view 1 br. through Disney for cash & ended up overlooking a people pen, I complained and asked to move. AKL couldn’t move me & refunded the difference between savanna & standard, which wasn’t what I wanted - I just wanted what I’d paid for - an unobstructed savanna view, if I’d wanted to save money I would have booked a cheaper room/villa to begin with.
I’ve long suspected that the view categories for AKL cash rooms are somewhat flexible depending on how many savanna view bookings there are.

Does anyone remember what kind of activities they do at the pools on Halloween? The calendar just says “spooktacular activities”. I’m trying to decide if we should get park tickets for that day (me, husband, 3 year old) given our magical express will likely depart at 3pm.

Got a PIN code and have never been to AKL. Can get a standard room for $2080, or a value studio at Jambo for $1590. Two parents, girls 21 and 18. What are the differences/pros or cons to the standard vs. studio? (Other than studio having a pullout for the girls- are they comfy enough?)

Got a PIN code and have never been to AKL. Can get a standard room for $2080, or a value studio at Jambo for $1590. Two parents, girls 21 and 18. What are the differences/pros or cons to the standard vs. studio? (Other than studio having a pullout for the girls- are they comfy enough?)

I would not do the value studio, once you pull out the sofa bed you will have very little room to navigate around the room and they are not comfortable in my opinion.

The comfort of the sofa bed is subjective, but I hated it and so did my kids. I'd choose a room with two real beds.

I was also wondering if anyone has up-to-date info on the renovations going on at AKL Jambo, specifically which trails have/ have not been completed and any impact on the pool, lobby, dining and views, as well as time frame for completion. We will be there 2/13-15/2020. TIA!

We will be at AKL Jambo House 1/28-2/4! I am beyond excited! We are surprising our kids with this trip. We are no stranger to WDW but it has been a running joke in our family that I could never surprise them with a trip because I love to talk about planning constantly. Haha but we are doing it! We love eating at AKL but this is our first time staying. Can't wait!
January
12/29 - 1/4 ChanellF - AKL Jambo
1/8 - 1/13 lahobbs4 - AKV-Jambo
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/17 - 1/18 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL
1/28 - 2/4 mandis77 - AKL

We just booked a standard room at AKL for 2/16 - 2/23. My only request is for a bunk bed room (said it was a choice in room description) the view isn't as important for us. I called and put in the request but of course it's not guaranteed.

Is it right that a lot of the bunk bed rooms have been converted? How likely do you think it will be that we get one? Anything we can do to improve the chances? Now that my two boys are older it will be a disaster if they have to share.
February
2/4 - 2/12 Mollygirl21 - AKV
2/14 - 2/20 MadMadamMim1 - Jambo
2/16 - 2/23 ursalita - AKL

Thanks to advice here I called in a request for a partial savannah view for our upcoming trip 1/11 - 1/15. Fingers crossed (but no expectations).
January
1/11 - 1/15 MamaJessie - AKL

Could you add me to the list? I will be coming to stay at Jambo on Feb 4th to 11th, 2020. I retired Nov 2019. I have been to Disney for ten wonderful previous trips but this is my dream trip to stay at a Deluxe and especially at AKL! I booked a standard room when the discounts came out, wish I could afford a Savannah View but just glad to be staying here!
February
2/4 - 2/11 mullysisters - AKL
2/4 - 2/12 Mollygirl21 - AKV
2/14 - 2/20 MadMadamMim1 - Jambo
2/16 - 2/23 ursalita - AKL

Hello ! so I have been reading over this thread and I have now almost given myself a panic attack. I know nothing! We have previously stayed at CBR in the past. This trip is celebrating our daughters 21st bday. She has special needs and told us the only thing she wanted was to have her first drink of alcohol in Disney World. So we said *expletive* it ! This girl always gets screwed all the time, and although she has had a blessed life it also been a very challenging one. So I booked AKL Savannah view with out knowing anything. She has such a kind heart and loves animals. The only thing I do know is she will take one sip of alcohol cringe and say she does not like that. So a VERY expensive first and last (knowing her ) adult beverage.
I'm looking for expert advice on what type of room request I should make. My concerns are about the walking distance to bus transportation and long waits. Again I went into this completely ignorant. At CBR we were always close to bus stops, and views there were not priority and waits weren't a problem. Would you just consider driving into parks in our situation? She does walk but has mild CP with balance issues so she is slower and just tires more easily. Is there a specific area in the hotel that will still give her a great viewing experience while keeping the distance to transportation easier for us? On top of that I'm reading about renovated rooms which appeals to me lol. I know we will have to prioritize and compromise but any expert advice from veterans is sincerely appreciated.
Thank you all, I love reading updates and I'm trying to educate myself as quickly as possible we will be there Dec 1- Dec 6. And I had no idea Star Wars ROTR was opening that week so lord help me!
December
11/30 - 12/04 MinnieMouse3 - AKL
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/1 - 12/6 pow510 - AKL
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/10 - 12/17 Nancyg56 - AKL
12/12 - 12/15 softballmom3 - AKL
12/13 - 12/18 Bubby4Clay - AKL Jambo
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 - AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2 - AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

I am starting to research into AKL, my dad wants club level. We were looking into splitting a 2 bedroom, how hard is it to get a 2 bedroom Club level? Do I need to do the 499 days out call thing? What are my chances of being able to get it during a holiday? Thanks!

Hi! We just upgraded to Animal Kingdom from French Quarter. We're staying 1/24 - 2/2! I am beyond excited.
January
1/24 - 2/2 shbarrett - AKL

I am so excited! Our plans have changed. I just put down the initial deposit to rent points at Kidani for 3/29- 4/4! Hopefully the reservation comes back today and we will be officially booked!
April
3/29 - 4/4 eeyoreandtink - AKL
3/29 - 4/5 andral - AKL Jambo
4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
4/24 - 4/25 Sajchinook2015 AKL
4/27 - 5/8 lisa12000 - AKL

Hi, can you add us to the list. We will be staying at AKL Jambo House from Aug 19-28 2020. It will be our family trip. We fell in-love with AKL Jambo House 3 years ago and thought Jambo House would be the perfect place to take engagement pictures.
August
8/19 - 8/28 Minnieloves4 - AKL

We are so excited to stay a AKL for the second time April 9-18.
Last year during spring break we were fully prepared for bad bus service because that’s what you hear about AKL. I honestly didn’t think it was bad at all. Two out of 24 bus trips left us waiting a while. Magic kingdom isn’t close but it never really felt long. The other parks were fast enough.
April
3/29 - 4/4 eeyoreandtink - AKL
3/29 - 4/5 andral - AKL Jambo
4/9 - 4/18 WolfePack811 - AKL
4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
4/24 - 4/25 Sajchinook2015 AKL
4/27 - 5/8 lisa12000 - AKL

Looking forward to our stay January 24 - February 3rd! Took advantage of the room discounts and switched our reservation from WL to AKL and saved almost $1000 USD. We were looking forward to trying a new resort but since we've switched, I have no regrets and am super excited to escape the cold to AKL once again :)
January
1/24 - 2/2 shbarrett - AKL
1/24 - 2/3 youngdeb12 - AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter