January 2019

Sorry- I see you all know about the discounts already! discounts were released today (9/26)- they have Play Stay Dine and also a Get the Magic discount! Sorry I don't know many details but I do know they were released today...

Changed our room only reservation to at Caribbean Beach to a PSD package, saved just over $275.00. I think it would have been more if I used the Disney Visa discount but it being morning and the craziness of getting the kids ready and out the door for work I completely forgot to even ask about that discount .... Oops, but hey any discount is good right!

109 days to go!

Nothing available for my dates at YC :(, hoping they may have more availability later. If not I'll keep my fingers crossed for a pin code.
Nothing for the Beach Club Villas either. They had P/S/D for Boardwalk Villas but we much prefer Beach Club Villas. The CM I was talking to said that everything is fluid as far as the discounts and to keep checking back!

Nothing for the Beach Club Villas either. They had P/S/D for Boardwalk Villas but we much prefer Beach Club Villas. The CM I was talking to said that everything is fluid as far as the discounts and to keep checking back!

That's what I am planning to do. I know my TA will keep checking also. It's just a bit frustrating when your resort isn't excluded, but there isn't availability. Looking at the others with similar room types, even with the discount wouldn't save me that much.

Updated our room-only reservation and we wound up saving about $1,000.00 on our week at AKL - not too shabby, especially since we were totally ready to pay the amount we booked the room for! January 26 can't come soon enough!

UPDATE to the SPD calculation thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2019-calculation-thread.3708403/

SPD Discount (Or Play Stay Dine for the newer folk, lol)

VALUE RESORTS:
2018 Discount
= 40% off of the Quick Service Dining Plan with NO additional room discount

MODERATE RESORTS:
2018 Discount
= 45% off of the Disney Dining Plan with NO additional room discount

These are both identical to last year's discounts.

Also worth noting that the following discounts are identical at these levels (although room category and availability could vary):
  • Gift of Magic Room Only
  • Kid-Sized Gift of Magic Package
  • Magical Family Memories Package
The only difference is the marketing speak. IF you select identical nights, tickets, dining, etc. then your cost will be the same regardless of which you pick.

Got a room only discount at Movies. Going to call later to see if there’s any additional benefit for visa holders.

We wouldn't have saved any more. If we added the quick serve dining plan it would have been a little cheaper but we would have had to buy into the dining plan

Do you have to call to get the Disney Visa Discount? I couldn't find it online - anyone have a link?

Well I ended up booking 1/25-1/30 with the Disney Visa discount for YC and then just shortening my existing reservation to 1/30-2/1 since those dates don't have availability (as of right now) for the discount. It's a bit more complicated than I had hoped for, but it's saving me money. I'll update on how much once I get the new totals from the TA.

The following resorts are receiving an additional 10% discount through a Disney Visa:

Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
Caribbean Beach
Corosnado Springs
All Star Sports
All Star Music

Any other resorts...the price is the same on Gift of Magic OR Disney Visa - no difference.

Last edited:
The Stay Play Dine calculation thread for 2019 is now complete: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2019-calculation-thread.3708403/

It includes explanations of how the discount works. It also recaps the room only discount %'s and has links to all the applicable discounts.

Quick Summary: Value = 40% off QS Dining; Moderate/Deluxe = 45% of TS Dining; Some Deluxe provide a small add'l room savings).

I guess it's a good deal if your looking to get into the dinning plan, but knowing my family we would have left money on the table with adding dining plan. Now trying to convince the wife to change our por room to a AKL bunk Savana room with the visa discount is a fight to have..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter