January 2020 Discounts

I could save $300 moving to GF from Poly and upgrading to a lagoon view but I just can’t pull the trigger. I could add $400 and stay CL at the GF. If it weren’t an outer building, I’d do it! Oh geez. I’m disappointed.

I’m replying to myself, but I was able to move to a studio at the Poly and turn my reservation into a package and save $1,100 to the best of my calculations since I hadn’t added tickets previously. Rebooked then cancelled the other room. I feel much better and we gain an extra shower dressing area and microwave! My DGS will be happy to have his Stitch bed again! And I added a days tickets so I guess we’ll get our MK on on arrival day!

Ok...well here is my experience...still not sure about this....got online at 7 a.m. to my existing plans (Pop that was booked several months ago at rack rate for 12 nights mid January, room only).....so i selected CHANGE reservation, selected Gift of Magic offer and reduced the stay to 10 nights. Only room type available was standard room which is what my original reservation was for.....BUT, I only saved $308.....which is what taking off the two nights would have come to anyway! Any ideas why? The only thing i can figure is the rack rate went up (from the time i originally booked many months ago)....at the cost per night breakdown Pop on marathon weekend is $191....then it goes down till MLK weekend and goes back up to $192.....on my new reservation that is!

It's wild but perhaps this smaller but simpler discount will actually get more bites than a larger discount that people couldn't understand. I really think that could play a factor.

I think you're on to something here. I'll admit that not having to add new ADRs makes my planning easier! And we'll quite honestly likely spend less money on food now (as we'd end up paying for breakfast out of pocket anyway).

Comparing my new and old confirmation emails, I got 0% discount on the Friday and Saturday nights and 15% for Monday through Thursday (booking end of January). I didn’t see a night exclusion in the offer - is this typical for Disney offers, to exclude Fri/Sat, and do others see the same?

I did not sadly :( poly still has rooms available for our dates at rack but never showed discount even before 7am... if I add 2 nights it does have the discount (for all the nights go figure) her reasoning did not make sense to me but I gave up lol

I got a deal by switching to a studio, did you try that?

Looks like Pop might already be out of discounts for my stay (Marathon weekend) and I was online before 7 central trying to change it. On hold now going to double check with a Cast Member

Welp, save $30 but switched to a king bed at CSR from our garden view POR room... the only other available rooms would have been more than what we booked for. Kinda bummed but maybe something else will open up,

Wow this was disappointing! Either no discount or no rooms available that we were interested in, even if I play around with dates (which increases airfare). And it looks like some rack rates went up too! We've done the Free Dining discount last several trips and always found a room/dates we wanted and a couple times I called days after sale was released.
Any chance they add more rooms to the discount inventory in the next days/weeks?

If you're not seeing what you want today... Keep Checking Back!! Room availability can and will change as people adjust their trips and move things around. I'm not guaranteeing that your "standard view" room will become available but it could. I actually would check daily, as annoying as that might sound.

Last year I wanted CR Theme Park View for the 2nd portion of my split stay, I checked regularly for over a month and then one day there it was and I snagged it!

Good luck to all!

Well, no luck for me with the AP discount. We were looking for an EPCOT resort 1/17-1/20 and nothing but suites and club view were available. I guess we'll just stick with our one bedroom at the Riviera with 40% off and hope there's no glitches with the skyliner by then.

Wow if that Free Kids dining thing really replaced SPD that seems like a huge blow!

Also...I'm a little sad that I won't have to do my big SPD thread this year... maybe it's the end of an era for me, lol!
I am sad too....was really hoping for the SPD offer for my January trip....free kids is great for families, but it won't help me...still hoping for maybe a VISA discount even though it is probably unlikely now

Ok Guys..here my experience with the discounts today.

I had a reservation for:
- Two adults and two chidren (3 and 9);
- from Jan 24th to Feb 3rd;
- at All Star Sports and standart room and;
- 6 days park tickets.

The total amount was USD 3.191,74 (standart rates). Adding Dinning plan (1 QS and 1 table), it cost more USD 2.170,06, and the total amount would be USD 5.361,80.

When I tried to change to Kids Sized Package: there no avaliable rooms for Standart. So, I had to do a upgrade to prefered room.

Now the total amount for:
- Two adults and two chidren (3 and 9);
- from Jan 24th to Feb 3rd;
- at All Star Sports and prefered room and;
- 6 days park and Dinning plan (1 QS and 1 table)

is USD 4.943,58. Compare with the old reservation (USD 5.361,80), I got a saving of USD 418,22.

So, I think Disney does not become avaliable promotions for Standart rooms. It´s a way to decrease the discount.

If someone has a better idea how to improve discounts, or if someone got a discount for a standart room, please tell me! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter