Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duggars last night went diamond digging, where was that? I missed the first part of the show.

Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, Arkansas. It is the only diamond mine in the world open to the public.

I think that's pretty much interpretations of the interview.

I'm not sure I think it was all that good .. I thought the edit was pretty choppy, and Kate just kept talking. And talking. The notion that they may not be back for season 5, while they're filming season 5, was just silly. Jon and Kate didn't really look like they were any happier or connected in that interview than they have in the last several ... one of the kids could have fit between them on the couch, almost. LOL.

But, mission accomplished for TLC. Ratings were through the roof.

My opinion is this: their ratings have been going down, and down, and down. I think this was all concocted to get ratings UP! And it worked. That's all I think is going on.

I love watching Jon & Kate plus 8 but I strongly dislike Table for 12... I don't know why.

My friend will not watch that show because she thinks that family is ugly... no fugly. Maybe I am the same way just sub-consciously.

Anyway, I can't wait for more JK8!

I love watching Jon & Kate plus 8 but I strongly dislike Table for 12... I don't know why.

My friend will not watch that show because she thinks that family is ugly... no fugly. Maybe I am the same way just sub-consciously.

Anyway, I can't wait for more JK8!

I honestly think that's why JK8 are so much more popular than other reality families. They are a very aesthetically pleasing family. The parents are attractive, the kids are absolute dolls, they have nice things, clean house, etc. It seems shallow, but our society is into image.

I honestly think that's why JK8 are so much more popular than other reality families. They are a very aesthetically pleasing family. The parents are attractive, the kids are absolute dolls, they have nice things, clean house, etc. It seems shallow, but our society is into image.

Oh I openily admit to being shallow. My name is Dayna and I am a shallow person. Can you blame me though?... or anyone for that matter, we are a shallow society, it's put into our brains.

But afterall:
at⋅trac⋅tive /əˈtræktɪv/ [uh-trak-tiv]- adjective
providing pleasure or delight, esp. in appearance or manner; pleasing; charming; alluring: an attractive personality.
Source of Attraction: Definition

It's true. Kate is gorgeous, Jon is a good looking guy, the kids are some of the cutest kids ever... what's not to love. Even the people they have known, or have been on their show are good looking people i.e. Kevin, Jodi, Beth, Kayla, Brittany, Thalia and Jenny.

I hope they go on for my viewing pleasure. :) Oh yeah, did I mention I am also selfish :rotfl:

Yep, I'm pretty sure you are right!

I will agree with you on the kids .. Jon is fine, I can see where people might find him attractive .. but he's not really my type :rotfl:

Can I jump here with a question? Do any of you know where they moved to? I remember Kate saving (before the move) that they wanted to move somewhere warm. I don't think that happened. I'm just wondering if they are still in Pennsylvania? Thanks.

Can I jump here with a question? Do any of you know where they moved to? I remember Kate saving (before the move) that they wanted to move somewhere warm. I don't think that happened. I'm just wondering if they are still in Pennsylvania? Thanks.

Yes they are!
298 Heffner Road Wernerville Pa.

Thanks for the info and I agree that's is scary having so much public information out there. I guess it's the same thing as having your name and address in the phone book. :confused3

google yourself .. quotes around your (or your spouse's) first and last name, and then follow that with the state where you live.

If anyone would want to pay the $39.95 fee they could really find out way too much information about me. Scary stuff. :sad2: That's the first time I actually googled myself. It knew my maiden name, old addresses. :scared:

google yourself .. quotes around your (or your spouse's) first and last name, and then follow that with the state where you live.

Nada for me.

Still think it's creepy for someone to post their address, even if it is readily available. :scared:

i think it can depend on the "audience". i thought it was interesting the other nite-i had tivo'd 'table for 12' and dd (14) sat down to watch it for a few minutes with me. after watching it for awhile she commented that she liked this family "way better" than j&k+8 because "the mom and dad look and act like a real mom and dad". i asked her what she meant and she explained that "the mom" does'nt look all "fakey/bakey, jack-o-lantern teenie mom". i did'nt know what she meant by that term so she explained- a "fakey/bakey, jack-o-lantern teenie mom" is what the kids her age refer to as the mom's of their classmates who are "trying to look like what they think teens look like so they shop at the same stores as their daughters and even share the same clothes" ("so NOT cool mom":rotfl:), "they get these wierd things done to their hair that might have been 'cool' 10 or 20 years ago but it just looks lame now" ("mom so do NOT do that":rotfl::rotfl:) "but mostly they look like they spend all their time in a tanning booth or using that gross spray on stuff and getting their teeth whitened-you know mom, that fake tan is so orangey/dark that at night all you can see is the fake streaks in their hair, the whites of their eyes and those glowing teeth-they look like a skanky jack-o-lantern":scared1::lmao::lmao::lmao:

i think it can depend on the "audience". i thought it was interesting the other nite-i had tivo'd 'table for 12' and dd (14) sat down to watch it for a few minutes with me. after watching it for awhile she commented that she liked this family "way better" than j&k+8 because "the mom and dad look and act like a real mom and dad". i asked her what she meant and she explained that "the mom" does'nt look all "fakey/bakey, jack-o-lantern teenie mom". i did'nt know what she meant by that term so she explained- a "fakey/bakey, jack-o-lantern teenie mom" is what the kids her age refer to as the mom's of their classmates who are "trying to look like what they think teens look like so they shop at the same stores as their daughters and even share the same clothes" ("so NOT cool mom":rotfl:), "they get these wierd things done to their hair that might have been 'cool' 10 or 20 years ago but it just looks lame now" ("mom so do NOT do that":rotfl::rotfl:) "but mostly they look like they spend all their time in a tanning booth or using that gross spray on stuff and getting their teeth whitened-you know mom, that fake tan is so orangey/dark that at night all you can see is the fake streaks in their hair, the whites of their eyes and those glowing teeth-they look like a skanky jack-o-lantern":scared1::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OMG :lmao::lmao:so funny! "skanky jack o lantern" :laughing:

Although I do like J&K plus 8, I also like the Table for 12 family. They seem like more down to earth, laid back parents. I totally get Kate's need to control...that chaos would drive me bonkers, but her attitude gets to me sometimes.

I like that the Table for 12 mom seems like she can take it all in stride. I like that the mom and dad can laugh together and at themselves. I don't think they're ugly at all...just regular people :confused3

Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, Arkansas. It is the only diamond mine in the world open to the public.

OT Factoid --

After watching "Cash and Treasure" on the Travel Channel, I learned that Murfreesboro Diamonds aren't real diamonds but clear quartz that are naturally faceted.

I'm betting you're older than Kate (as probably are most of your DD's friends' moms). I think she dresses pretty appropriately for a woman in her early-mid thirties. I don't know any teens who would wear Ann Taylor. :laughing:

As far as her hair, she's got "nurse" hair. In my experience (as a p/t stylist), nurses and stylists tend to have the same hair (probably has something to do with the odd number of girls who attend nursing school after deciding hair school wasn't for them and vice versa). In a public setting, I can usually point out a stylist or a nurse. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule (I had the longest hair of any stylist I know until a month ago when I chopped off seven inches, and it's still "long" by stylist standards).

I do know the moms you're talking about, as they pay my bills (I make more two days a week at the salon than I do working in the schools during the week), but Kate's still young and can pull it off, I think.

OMG :lmao::lmao:so funny! "skanky jack o lantern" :laughing:

Although I do like J&K plus 8, I also like the Table for 12 family. They seem like more down to earth, laid back parents. I totally get Kate's need to control...that chaos would drive me bonkers, but her attitude gets to me sometimes.

I like that the Table for 12 mom seems like she can take it all in stride. I like that the mom and dad can laugh together and at themselves. I don't think they're ugly at all...just regular people :confused3

the chaos would get to me too, but the chaos seems a world apart on the two shows. on table for 12 it reminds me of the kind of noise and activity that goes on with kids and families on a day to day basis-with laughter and tears (and good tears too-the kind where you and your dh are sitting there at the end of the day exhausted and you start thinking about what transpired and just start laughing until tears run down your face). on j&k the chaos reminds me of what it's like when we've had or attended bday parties where it's this high pitched stressed chaos-where everything is impacted by virtue of having to accomplish certain things on some kind of timeline (and the kids just feed off the hosting parent's stress level). kind of like the difference between volunteering in my kid's classrooms when they were little-whole different kind of chaos/energy dynamic on a "normal" day vs. days where there's a class party planned.

the chaos on table for 12 is like what my house is like on a normal basis (magnified by the number of kids of course:rotfl:), whereas j&k's chaos is like my house right before christmas, easter or when we are leaving for a vacation.

I'm betting you're older than Kate (as probably are most of your DD's friends' moms). I think she dresses pretty appropriately for a woman in her early-mid thirties. I don't know any teens who would wear Ann Taylor. :laughing:

As far as her hair, she's got "nurse" hair. In my experience (as a p/t stylist), nurses and stylists tend to have the same hair (probably has something to do with the odd number of girls who attend nursing school after deciding hair school wasn't for them and vice versa). In a public setting, I can usually point out a stylist or a nurse. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule (I had the longest hair of any stylist I know until a month ago when I chopped off seven inches, and it's still "long" by stylist standards).

I do know the moms you're talking about, as they pay my bills (I make more two days a week at the salon than I do working in the schools during the week), but Kate's still young and can pull it off, I think.

I agree with you....hard to believe huh?! :rotfl:

I think she dresses appropriately for her age. She doesn't dress like a teenager and I think she looks nice. I personally wouldn't do my hair like that, but I don't like short hair on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter