Josh D'Amaro claims recent positive changes not due to "leadership change"

It wasn't but they were trying to level the playing field so everyone has equal chance at getting short waits. Either way they don't have enough attractions to make any of these systems work. IMO when they brought Genie+ in they should have went the Universal route
Can you refresh my memory - what is the Universal route in relation to the recent comments?

Can you refresh my memory - what is the Universal route in relation to the recent comments?
The way Universal does it is similar to how almost every other park does it except that those who stay in the top Universal resorts get it free. It basically is a wrist band that lets you enter the LL anytime you want. Outside of those who got it free it costs sometimes double what you ticket cost. It has limited availability that way and it doesn't affect the standby queues as much.

The way Universal does it is similar to how almost every other park does it except that those who stay in the top Universal resorts get it free. It basically is a wrist band that lets you enter the LL anytime you want. Outside of those who got it free it costs sometimes double what you ticket cost. It has limited availability that way and it doesn't affect the standby queues as much.
Thanks! Yes, that is way too simple for Disney, their IT dept. loves a challenge (and usually fails miserably 🙃).

I agree. I think Genie+ needs some tweaks, but I'm not dead against it. It could definitely be improved.
Genie+ is a disaster. We went last spring break and this was our 3rd full trip. It was our least enjoyable. My biggest gripe was not being able to plan what side of the park you wanted to start and finish on, unlike what we could do with the old FastPass system. Genie+ forced us to crisscross the parks so much that it was incredibly exhausting. I was so stressed out on this trip compared to the prior two. I did not enjoy having to have my face buried in my phone so much either. My family argued a lot more on this trip as well due to everyone being stressed. I'm not even considering going back for quite a long time. I know Disney doesn't care.

My personal opinion, make it so guests staying on site get at least 2-3 ride selections ahead of their trip like the old fastpass, and then Genie+ can still be purchased and used on top of that. I'd rather they just do away with Genie+ completely and just go back to FastPass, but I know that's never going to happen....but at least my idea would be a compromise and make the trip more enjoyable like it used to be.

Disney also needs to seriously work on their app interface....it's incredibly cluttered and confusing sometimes, and sometimes doesn't even work. One day on my wife's MDE app, it kept showing her at an entirely different park than the one we were at. Nothing she did could fix the glitch....so she couldn't even help make ride selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter