July’s Journeys - July 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I am thankful that we are leaving for vacation in less than two days.
I am thankful that today is the last work day for the renovation until we return from vacation. No, they didn't meet their deadline of being finished before we left. We will not be hiring them to renovate our kitchen. By end of day, we will get a 10 day break from construction.
I am thankful that I will get to sleep in a bed for a week...especially after sleeping on the couch for two weeks.

I am thankful that while this week has still been super busy it has been more manageable.

I am thankful that I don't have back-to-back meetings today, I get little thinking breaks throughout the day. Thinking is good. I even have enough open time at lunch to get out for a walk.

So I was all excited to come and give my wohoo today because I seriously thought it was Wednesday until I read the Thankful Thursdays. I am so ready for vacation.

Ok so my woohoo (a day late but I just found out) -- We are going to 1 day a week in the office starting Aug 1st. We will need to come in more if needed but that won't be very often for me. No more paying $100 for parking or all the gas anymore. Plus I won't eat out as much and I can get back on my routine of getting on the treadmill at lunch. I am beyond excited for this. I am the only one on the team that knows right now. The managers on my team (this is me too) have a meeting this afternoon where my boss is going to tell us this but I was getting really flustered trying to set up a weekly meeting where my team can all go, including my boss, and get a conference room and it just was not working. So he told me early so I did get to frustrated.

I haven't been on enough to give what I am thankful for lately. My thankful is that DD is doing so good that she no long needs to be on the BP rising meds any longer. She is not getting dizzy any longer. There is still a possibility that when she gets a virus she may need to go back on them for a bit but at least we know what will help. I am so thankful that she is down to 2 meds really. The birth control pill that helps with her clotting disorder and singular for her constant congestion. She does have an inhaler as well for asthma bit that is just as needed and really only when she is playing soccer in the heat.

I have 1 more woohoo. Only 3 more work days until I am off for our vacation. We are going to DC for a long weekend over my birthday (it is next Friday). We are going to Mount Vernon on my birthday and this is what I am most excited about. Then on Saturday we going to the spy museum. This sounds like a lot of fun too. We are staying in National Harbor and will be about a bock from the boardwalk so we will do this one night as well. Nothing else planned. We will just play it by ear on if we doing anything else.

So I was all excited to come and give my wohoo today because I seriously thought it was Wednesday until I read the Thankful Thursdays. I am so ready for vacation.

Ok so my woohoo (a day late but I just found out) -- We are going to 1 day a week in the office starting Aug 1st. We will need to come in more if needed but that won't be very often for me. No more paying $100 for parking or all the gas anymore. Plus I won't eat out as much and I can get back on my routine of getting on the treadmill at lunch. I am beyond excited for this. I am the only one on the team that knows right now. The managers on my team (this is me too) have a meeting this afternoon where my boss is going to tell us this but I was getting really flustered trying to set up a weekly meeting where my team can all go, including my boss, and get a conference room and it just was not working. So he told me early so I did get to frustrated.

I haven't been on enough to give what I am thankful for lately. My thankful is that DD is doing so good that she no long needs to be on the BP rising meds any longer. She is not getting dizzy any longer. There is still a possibility that when she gets a virus she may need to go back on them for a bit but at least we know what will help. I am so thankful that she is down to 2 meds really. The birth control pill that helps with her clotting disorder and singular for her constant congestion. She does have an inhaler as well for asthma bit that is just as needed and really only when she is playing soccer in the heat.

I have 1 more woohoo. Only 3 more work days until I am off for our vacation. We are going to DC for a long weekend over my birthday (it is next Friday). We are going to Mount Vernon on my birthday and this is what I am most excited about. Then on Saturday we going to the spy museum. This sounds like a lot of fun too. We are staying in National Harbor and will be about a bock from the boardwalk so we will do this one night as well. Nothing else planned. We will just play it by ear on if we doing anything else.
I went to Mt Vernon when I lived in Virginia and it had a real impact on me. Driving up to the main house I had an overwhelming feeling of balance and that everything (out buildings, gardens etc) was in the right place. When upstairs on the tour I had such a strong feeling of da-ja-vu looking in to what was described as the upstairs maid room, that it almost knocked me off my feet. I was just looking at the mansion floorplan on the Mt Vernon website (don't know why I've never thought to do this before) and there they call it the Hall Bedchamber and it is described as "a closet with a window"... still gives me the chills tho. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Thankful for DS10 today is his birthday and dang have these years flown by.
Thankful for the meeting with DS7's doctor. While his diagnosis was a bit jarring she said he will likely have a completely normal adult life and while he is in school an official diagnosis will make it really hard to have his IEP taken away.
Thankful I have tomorrow off.
Thankful for the silly silicone wedding bands I ordered last summer...after having 5 guys for dinner last night for DH's birthday and Chinese food for lunch with my co-workers combined with temps above 90 the sausage fingers situation was real. Even though I ate moderately (a little cheeseburger on a lettuce wrap and half an order of yakisoba noodles with grilled chicken) the salt effects were there and wearing the silicone ring meant no itchy puffiness under my real rings.

Thankful I am packed and ready to go! My brother has been texting me and he is excited to have us!!! So funny. We're both like little kids!!!

Thankful DH and I are healthy and can travel.

We'll see if I'm thankful for the scale tomorrow. Not my usual day, but since I'll miss the next two Saturdays, I'm gonna take a looky loo.

No contractor today! Yay! He tried really hard to come this morning, but NO…we need peace and clear heads to pack properly and not forget anything. He never got his glass guy to come out and measure, so DH called a different guy who is coming out to measure today for the splash guard wall. Apparently it takes 7-14 days to make it, and since we would like to be able to use our new shower in the near future (it was supposed to be today) we want to get the ball rolling rather than waste the week that we will be away. Other than the glass guy coming out, today will be vacation prep.

If I am MIA next week, you all know why. I will try to pop in with photos once in a while. Enjoy the last week of July!

7D4C33C2-C1B8-46BE-BD08-8BDF4D42AC9B.jpeg

My afternoon is free of meetings... hallelujah! Time to actually do stuff. Yesterday was my last morning call with my current team, at the end they all turned on their video and it was the first time I'd ever seen most of them! I've unsubscribed to as many channels/emails related to my old jobs as possible and have been (gracefully) refusing to take on more of that work, so I am feeling pretty much free of it. Mon/Tues next week I'll be in S Cal, then Weds I get to start my new morning routine, where I'm not signing in at 6:30am when I first get up, to check in with them. It is going to be revolutionary.

Also revolutionary has been thinking about minutes of exercise, thanks to the Exercise Challenge thread, instead of just steps. After a slow start I am going to make my minutes goal for the month. Well done me.

Weekend plans are primarily centered around yard work. The next few days the temp highs should be in the mid 70s, but when I get back there is a string of days predicted to be in the 90s, so I want to get stuff done now and then just relax in the warm temps.

Good morning, happy Self-Care Sunday!

0AAD9E80-2E96-44DD-A04E-8C170F5E7146.jpeg

Which of these are your go-tos?

Which do you need to cultivate more?

Been working on all of those things, it's a very good list.

Today is very low key, well except for 4am this morning when I woke up thinking it was Monday and panicked because I really hadn't gotten ready to travel. A voice of reason said 'you should really check which day it is before you rush off to the airport' which was good guidance because thankfully today is Sunday.

So far I've watered the garden, gotten my hair cut, cleaned out the car and tossed a change of clothing into my overnight bag. Next up is to wash the dishes and do one last load of laundry. And I think I'm going to go ahead and drag the air conditioner upstairs so it is ready to go when I get back and the temps get up in to the 90s.

I think I can handle all that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter