July’s Journeys - July 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Happy Monday Everyone!! So happy to catch up with everyone’s posts!!

I was on vacation all last week…well from work at least, lol. We did a few days in ocean city Maryland for our daughters 14th birthday-husbands family was there too and we had great weather and my daughter had a fabulous birthday!

Friday my daughter, niece and I went to a lake about a hour away for the day and it was absolutely fabulous! Water was 82 degrees and my niece made a ton of little friends and had the best day!

Saturday we had 2 foster pups join us from South Carolina-brothers found wandering alone together. They have been great so far and keeping me on my toes!

Sunday was filled with church and youth group for DD and now here I am back at work! It sure does fly!

My motivation for this Monday is to work off whatever I gained on our long weekend trip and work towards dropping a few more pounds by the end of the summer 8-)

Topic Tuesday: who is your fictitious motivator? The character that gets you going and makes you want to accomplish your goals, health or otherwise.
Lately it's Meredith from Grey's Anatomy (because that's what I happen to be binge watching). - She's had so much awful stuff happen to her, and she still bounces back, keeps doing her job, and is remarkably calm in a crisis.

I thought tried to think of a fictitious character that motivates me and I am having a hard time thinking of one! I am sure I have one but it’s just not coming to me today!

I will say that I try and keep my social media positive and motivational-following only positive people. I try and eliminate negativity and it’s so refreshing to scroll through Instagram and Facebook and find motivation!

Wow, this is a tough question. No one is coming to mind at all.

Currently sitting at the airport waiting to board to go home, thankfully. It’s been a good trip but I’ve had enough peopling. Looking forward to being home, even tho it is super hot. I’m going to have to drag the air conditioner upstairs, something I didn’t get done over the weekend. If I wasn’t going to be off I would be thinking about going in to the office next week, to work in air conditioning.

Woohoo… just got upgraded to a comfort seat!

So my fictitious motivators are two very different characters and I invite anyone not familiar with them to check out their shows.

First: Ted Lasso because...well...I challenge you to watch that show and listen to him and not feel motivated to do your best and be a real team player.

Second: Twyla Sands from Schitts Creek. Why Twyla? Because she hasn't had the easiest life as evidence but her random one off comments. Yet she manages to be just this little ray of sunshine. Just goes to show you can be as positive as you let yourself be

Hmmm... best woohoo of the month... I guess that we finally got some proper Summer weather, after the long cold Spring. It is a bit too hot right now, but the forecast for the coming weekend and beginning of next week (when I'm off, also woohoo) is back into the mid 70's which is perfection.

Flight home was great, not only did I get upgraded to a Comfort + seat (woohoo), there wasn't anyone in the seat next to me (double woohoo). Happy to be back in my cozy home office but also need to build on all the walking I did the past two days and keep moving.

Whoooo-hoooo Wednesday-best whooo-hoooo of the month…I would say celebrating my daughters 14th birthday. I am so proud of her-she’s amazingly strong and stands firmly in her beliefs. She’s a amazing daughter, cousin, friend, granddaughter. She’s grown so much in this season of life and it’s been amazing to watch.

Ok I’m crying now 😭

Best woowhoo of the month has been watching all the kids progress with swimming: DS10 learning to go underwater, DS7 actually leaving the stairs and attempting to tread water and DD being her little mermaid self doggy paddling and spinning around between the grownups.

Thankful for random Friday off and for AC units.

My blessing in disguise is the IEP process in our school district. As much as I hated it during the process I just heard some really sad experiences of colleagues from other parts of the country. As much as the north east is not great with some (a lot of) things getting educational assistance for my kids was a walk in the park compared to stories I heard from farther south. One experience included a state not screening children so that they could avoid paying for special ed. So sad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter