• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2012 Who's Going Thread

Sooo fun! It's my first trip in 13 years and my boyfriend's first ever!! And our first actual day in the park is Monday too! :D

It looks like you input the wrong year for your ticker, you probably put 2013 instead of 2012.

Hey there fellow BCer!! we will be moving from the Park Vue Inn which we really like a lot, over to the Disneyland Hotel on monday!! :cool1: Someone asked my daughter the other day, where she was from. She said BC in Canada, the woman said "I thought so, I was going to say that, I can tell by your accent" My daughter was like :confused3 Lol..... I don't know where in BC you are from but we are from just outside of Vancouver and we have had rotten weather this year. So much rain!! had a couple of nice weeks in May then rain rain rain. We left home on the 9th of July, and it was just getting nice, but apparently it's been raining again back home! it has been HOT and SUNNY here!! even at night walking around the park it is so warm! don't pack anything remotely like a jacket or sweater!! We won't be back home till the 29th or 30th (nice loooooong holiday!) and I hope August has much better weather for us at home then!!

Hey there fellow BCer!! we will be moving from the Park Vue Inn which we really like a lot, over to the Disneyland Hotel on monday!! :cool1: Someone asked my daughter the other day, where she was from. She said BC in Canada, the woman said "I thought so, I was going to say that, I can tell by your accent" My daughter was like :confused3 Lol..... I don't know where in BC you are from but we are from just outside of Vancouver and we have had rotten weather this year. So much rain!! had a couple of nice weeks in May then rain rain rain. We left home on the 9th of July, and it was just getting nice, but apparently it's been raining again back home! it has been HOT and SUNNY here!! even at night walking around the park it is so warm! don't pack anything remotely like a jacket or sweater!! We won't be back home till the 29th or 30th (nice loooooong holiday!) and I hope August has much better weather for us at home then!!

:wave2: Hi there!! Yeah I remember the nice days in May and then a whole month of June rain, but July's been pretty nice and hot again! But it's been raining since Thursday night and just got a bit sunny today finally. :) We're in Port Moody. I can't wait for all the warmth of Disneyland!! pixiedust:

We left at 6am this morning and made good time down the 5. Got to Simi Valley by 1pm and had time to stop at the Reagan Library and see the Disney Archives Exhibit. Also got to go on Air Force One and got our picture boarding it with the presidential seal on the open door behind us. We plan to leave here by 10 am and get over to DLR by early afternoon. Going to be early tonight to rest up!

Aaahh I can't stop counting down today! Right now it's only 12 hours until we're in the air! :goodvibes

We left at 6am this morning and made good time down the 5. Got to Simi Valley by 1pm and had time to stop at the Reagan Library and see the Disney Archives Exhibit. Also got to go on Air Force One and got our picture boarding it with the presidential seal on the open door behind us. We plan to leave here by 10 am and get over to DLR by early afternoon. Going to be early tonight to rest up!

I saw the blog on the exhibit at the Reagan library...it looks really cool! :cloud9: One more day and you are there!! Have a great time! :goodvibes

I had to dig through 3 pages of posts to find this thread! Anyone else hanging in there until the end of July? I'm so excited about this trip, and I'm trying to decide if it's too early to pack. :)

I'll be having dinner on property and a ride on Jungle Cruise tomorrow, but no real park time until next Monday.

More importantly, forget how many sleeps I have 'till I go on vacation, I have only one more work :cool1::banana:

I had to dig through 3 pages of posts to find this thread! Anyone else hanging in there until the end of July? I'm so excited about this trip, and I'm trying to decide if it's too early to pack. :)

Yes!! The end of the month is always hardest. I leave tomorrow for San Diego , so I won't get to DLR until the 28th :confused: Tick..tock..:rotfl: We will be there about the same time...let's cross our fingers for good wait times!!:wizard:

Yes!! The end of the month is always hardest. I leave tomorrow for San Diego , so I won't get to DLR until the 28th :confused: Tick..tock..:rotfl: We will be there about the same time...let's cross our fingers for good wait times!!:wizard:

My fingers are definitely crossed! We will be there at the same time, we arrive on Sunday. :banana: Enjoy San Diego, it is beautiful there.

Anyone get to ride the Cars Land attractions? We wanted to get a fast pass when it opened but they were gone fast!

We've been in San Diego since Sunday (22nd) and leave today for Fairfield Inn Anaheim! Our first day in Disneyland is Saturday!:cool1:

Anyone get to ride the Cars Land attractions? We wanted to get a fast pass when it opened but they were gone fast!

We just got back from DL yesterday and it was awesome! We did EMH in CA twice during our trip. The first time, we arrived at the gates at 6:40 so we were one of the first families in the park. We went directly to RSR and got in line. After standing there for about 10 minutes they announced that the ride was down and they were testing it. We waited in line for an hour before it was up and running so we wasted our entire extra magic hour on that. We weren't happy about that.

A few days later when we went, we changed our plan which worked a lot better. We went directly to Luigi's and they were still testing that ride so they didn't start loading guests until about 7:10. We found it annoying that the rides weren't ready to go when the park opened, but what can you do? We were able to ride that twice in a row, then we headed to Mater. My husband and sons rode that three times while I went and got in line for RSR Fastpasses. I got in line at 7:50 and our return time was 10:50. It did give us two surprise Fastpasses for California Screamin' too! I watched the line form when the park opened at 8am, and they weren't letting them get Fastpasses until everyone in the 7:00 line got theirs. I'm not sure what the reason for that was. One of the cast members was also coming around reminding us that all members of our party had to be in the park. A few people got out of line, I assume because the rest of their family was still sleeping and they had just grabbed their tickets hoping to get Fastpasses for them.

Suevr, thanks for that info! Once you rode RSR, was it as fun as you'd thought it would be?

ixadorexpink said:

We were able to ride it twice. We got to the gate by 7:20ish. Both days they opened the park for rope drop at 7:30. I went straight to the fast pass line. The first return time was 10:40 and the next one was 11:30. We rode it once in the morning and once at night after WOC. We won both times and got to see both sides of the ride. We loved it!

Suevr, thanks for that info! Once you rode RSR, was it as fun as you'd thought it would be?

It was an excellent ride. The theming of it is great and our entire family loved it! That being said, I wouldn't wait 2 hours for it since there are Fastpasses. I wouldn't actually wait in the standby line again, since the ride seems to go down so often. At least when you have Fastpasses you can just come back when it is running.

It was an excellent ride. The theming of it is great and our entire family loved it! That being said, I wouldn't wait 2 hours for it since there are Fastpasses. I wouldn't actually wait in the standby line again, since the ride seems to go down so often. At least when you have Fastpasses you can just come back when it is running.

Good to know. We're really excited about this attraction. I hope these next 48 hours go quickly!

We rode it 3 times, twice in the morning (two different mornings) and once at night. It was a really good ride! We LOVED Maters, it was so much fun, especially listening to Mater speak in Spanish...:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter