July 2012 Who's Going Thread

So I have been planning on going to DL for my daughter's 3rd birthday for years. We were booked at the HOJO for July 27- Aug 3. However my husband got the news that he has summer classes instead if spring classes. He has no choice when they are becuase they are through the Department of Defense. So unfortunately our trip has been moved forward to August 11- 17. I was looking forward to being at DL for my daughters 3rd birthday which is the
31st of July. Plus most of the last trip she was going to be 2 and now we had to buy at ticket for her since she will be 3.:confused3

So I have been planning on going to DL for my daughter's 3rd birthday for years. We were booked at the HOJO for July 27- Aug 3. However my husband got the news that he has summer classes instead if spring classes. He has no choice when they are becuase they are through the Department of Defense. So unfortunately our trip has been moved forward to August 11- 17. I was looking forward to being at DL for my daughters 3rd birthday which is the
31st of July. Plus most of the last trip she was going to be 2 and now we had to buy at ticket for her since she will be 3.:confused3

I feel your pain on the ticket issue. I still can't believe my 10 and 12 year old pay adult prices at buffet's when they eat three chicken nuggets and some mac n cheese and are full :lmao:

As far as the Birthday goes celebrate it anyway. Who cares if it's the actual day. It's always fun to have someone give you another day to be super special.

We just snagged a studio at VGC for July 2 and 3. I couldn't believe when I looked at the DVC on line booking system today that the whole first week of July had an open studio.

I booked the beginning of the week, which will match up great with a trip t SoCal to visit our son. By the time I was done booking I checked again and the rest of the week was taken as well.

Very happy!!

We'll be there! :wave:

We arrive from Vegas (doing a three week driving trip spanning 8 states on the west coast) on July 22nd with the 23rd being DD's 9th bday. She's chosen to celebrate it dining with Ariel so we will likely spend the majority of the day in DCA (although we DO have hoppers). The 24th will likely be largely DL and then we'll hop between the two on the 25th doing our fave's and anything not covering in the previous park days.

We are staying at the Ramada Maingate (me, DH, the above mentioned DD and DS7) and are DLR newbies. We are seasoned WDW vetrans though and are ridiculously excited about Cars Land which we're hoping should be open by then.

This will be our first year without strollers so I'm wondering how that will go, being that we intend to walk to and from the parks since we're just across the street. We intend to go full out commando...park opening to park closing with a mid day break where and when necessary.

After 8 trips to WDW (including our honeymoon in 1997) I booked a "SURPRISE" 40th birthday trip to DL for my husband...and he accidentally found out about it today:(
Though the surprise is spoiled, my husband is thrilled! First trip all the way from Nova Scotia, Canada to California ~ July 12-16 staying at the Marriott Suites hotel. Cannot wait!

I'm a newbie, but I am so excited to join the board and look forward to our trip to DLR July 16-20!! This will be the first trip for both of my sons (5 and 3), my DH, and the rest of my family -- my Dad, stepmother, niece (6) and nephew (2), sister & BIL will be joining us. I have been to DL before, but I was single and interested in a diversion from a very boring conference. I am expecting this to be a very different experience. :rotfl2:

We are staying at the BW PP Inn & Suites. I had to convince my childless sister that being this close was a necessity for a trip full of small children (not to mention the benefit of having a microwave & fridge), but I think we are all on board now. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the things to figure out, but I have a few months to get things sorted.

I look forward to learning from everyone and preparing for our vacation!

:welcome: to the DIS

I'm a newbie, but I am so excited to join the board and look forward to our trip to DLR July 16-20!! This will be the first trip for both of my sons (5 and 3), my DH, and the rest of my family -- my Dad, stepmother, niece (6) and nephew (2), sister & BIL will be joining us. I have been to DL before, but I was single and interested in a diversion from a very boring conference. I am expecting this to be a very different experience. :rotfl2:

We are staying at the BW PP Inn & Suites. I had to convince my childless sister that being this close was a necessity for a trip full of small children (not to mention the benefit of having a microwave & fridge), but I think we are all on board now. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the things to figure out, but I have a few months to get things sorted.

I look forward to learning from everyone and preparing for our vacation!

I'm new here. Didn't know where else to ask. When's the best time to go in July? Have the discount rates for July already come out? We were going to go to Disneyland last year in June and we booked in March for a really great price. I'm wondering if I should book now or if there's a certain month where the discount codes come out? TIA!

I'm new here. Didn't know where else to ask. When's the best time to go in July? Have the discount rates for July already come out? We were going to go to Disneyland last year in June and we booked in March for a really great price. I'm wondering if I should book now or if there's a certain month where the discount codes come out? TIA!

As far as when to go, I'm no expert but from my research as long as you try to avoid the 4th of July week and as much as possible avoid weekends you will get large but manageable crowds.

As for codes, there are none released for July yet unless you are Military. According to Mousesavers the codes for July were released 6/1 last year. There is some speculation that there might not be any or at least less discounts this summer because of the opening of Carsland.

Hope that helps a little.

Looking to a great time this year at Disneyland, it's been a while and can't wait to get there. July 11-21 will not come fast enough. Staying at the Desert Palms if the rest of the group dosn't change anything. We should have a nice group of 10 people from 5 years old to 80.

We will be in Disneyland in July for 6 days. I've been to DisneyWorld and Disneyland more times than I can remember and in my opinion there is no comparison. Love Disneyland much more but can't explain why.

I persuaded my DH that we need to return in July because we didn't get ComicCon tickets. I'm looking into PPH or DLH...not sure which yet. We were there in October (and he thinks we don't need to return so soon, silly man!) and it was his first visit, but he didn't get to ride Pirates or see Haunted Mansion without the overlay!

We will be there July 8th to July 14th! Staying at Park Vue. Our very first trip and I am so super excited! :yay::banana::cool1:

Plans include a Bibbity Bobbity Boutique appt for DD and then lunch at Ariel's Grotto for all of us. I can't wait for DD to have her princess moment princess: PLus I am most excited to go on Space Mountain and Soarin'. Growing up, every time a friend went to DL, I heard all about how cool Space Mountain is so I will finally be fulfilling my childhood DL dreams. And when DCa opened I had just had DS. I was so impressed with teh Soarin' concept and so enthralled with that ride! I started talking then about going to DL when he was old enough. Well, 11 years later we can finally go!

:eek:

I live in Ardmore, OK. Yeah, my aunt called and said she heard gas prices in AZ were around $6!! :eek:That's getting rediculous!

The only thing letting us hang with the high prices is we'll be splitting everything with my parents who are also going with us.

I went out to Cali in '08 and the prices were around $4.50 then.

Well here in Tucson, Az gas is $3.57 so quite a ways from $6 but still to high for my comfort!

We will be there July 8th to July 14th! Staying at Park Vue. Our very first trip and I am so super excited! :yay::banana::cool1:

Plans include a Bibbity Bobbity Boutique appt for DD and then lunch at Ariel's Grotto for all of us. I can't wait for DD to have her princess moment princess: PLus I am most excited to go on Space Mountain and Soarin'. Growing up, every time a friend went to DL, I heard all about how cool Space Mountain is so I will finally be fulfilling my childhood DL dreams. And when DCa opened I had just had DS. I was so impressed with teh Soarin' concept and so enthralled with that ride! I started talking then about going to DL when he was old enough. Well, 11 years later we can finally go!

I didn't do BBB with my daughter when she was young (we did My Perfectly Princess Tea Party at GC at DW) and by the time I thought about it she was too grown up for Princesses and I had to settle for Pirates League at DW. I am very jealous of your BBB but I hope you have a wonderful time :). As for Soarin, it is my DD favorite ride.

Looking to a great time this year at Disneyland, it's been a while and can't wait to get there. July 11-21 will not come fast enough. Staying at the Desert Palms if the rest of the group dosn't change anything. We should have a nice group of 10 people from 5 years old to 80.

We have a group of 18, Disney is the best place for family togetherness!!!

We will be in Disneyland in July for 6 days. I've been to DisneyWorld and Disneyland more times than I can remember and in my opinion there is no comparison. Love Disneyland much more but can't explain why.

Let us know your dates and hotel so we can add you to the list. We are so happy there are so many Disboarders joining us in July :goodvibes

Alright, I've been looking at dining options recently and I have to say...as a WDW verteran, I'm :scared1: we can't book reservations until 60 days out.

My disney princess will be crushed if we can't eat breakfast with Ariel and the princesses on her actual birthday but what can I do? :confused3

I was thinking we'd do one TS and one CS in the parks each day with some of our favourite snacks thrown in for good measure.

Hooray for Disney popcorn, Mickey Ice Cream Bars and my personal fave...the Dole Whip! Also hoping to try some bakery treats as well.

We've been debating back and forth regarding other TS reservations. I think we'll likely eat at Cafe Orleans and maybe also Carnation Cafe if it's back up for the end of July.

CS meals are trickier...I think Hungry Bear would be good as well as somewhere in Cars Land if it's up and running.

Any other recommendations? We're essentially flying blind here. I'm personally looking for good entree salads for the CS meals...anyone know of any they can recommend?

Alright, I've been looking at dining options recently and I have to say...as a WDW verteran, I'm :scared1: we can't book reservations until 60 days out.

We are having a hard time letting go of our WDW mentality too. This waiting to be able to make reservations and know park hours is going to kill me.

I have heard that reservations are not as hard to get as they are at the world thought so I'm hoping I will get everything I want if I just call 60 days out. I need a party of 18 at Goofy's Kitchen though so I'm nervous.

I also think it is weird we have to call 60 days from each day instead of the plus ten rule at WDW.

Oh well, keep repeating with me "It's not Disneyworld, It's not Disneyworld" followed by "It's going to be AWESOME:thumbsup2"

We still have our Park Vue reservations and unless things change I'm gonna tough out the gas prices. Just save that much more.
We have a guy out at work with Cancer and other health problems so that might be the only issue. :(

So flight is booked...thought about driving...but it's cheaper for us to fly even though we only leave in NorCal. We'll be there from July 11-July 16, and staying at the PPH. We'll be sneaking off to Universal for a day too.

We are having a hard time letting go of our WDW mentality too. This waiting to be able to make reservations and know park hours is going to kill me.

I have heard that reservations are not as hard to get as they are at the world thought so I'm hoping I will get everything I want if I just call 60 days out. I need a party of 18 at Goofy's Kitchen though so I'm nervous.

I also think it is weird we have to call 60 days from each day instead of the plus ten rule at WDW.

Oh well, keep repeating with me "It's not Disneyworld, It's not Disneyworld" followed by "It's going to be AWESOME:thumbsup2"

I always think that's so funny that WDWers want to plan every single day of their DLR trip half a year out! :) Thank goodness I don't have to decide by then where I want to eat and when because I sure dont know! If no one can get in before 60 days out, then it is no different calling on that first day for DLR than it would be for WDW 6 months out. Except I've never heard of reservations being completely full all day within minutes of opening like at WDW. Also, without the Plus 10 rule, you know NO ONE has reservations already for the day you want if you call first thing at 60 days.

Although I can't say how hard it will be to try to get 18 people in to Goofy's! :scared1: You might want to call ahead of time to make sure if you can even make one for 18 people. That way you won't be surprised if they won't make one on the day you call. I think I've heard some places won't do large groups so better to be safe. Maybe someone else knows more about reservations for large groups.

For characters, WOC, and Blue Bayou I'd call at 60 days out to be safe. Especially for what seems like a very crowded summer this year. For others it doesn't matter as much. I've made reservations at Cafe Orleans a week before my July trip and gotten my pick of times. For WOC I called at 60 days.

What I'm wondering is if I'll be able to get reservations for the new Carthay Circle Theater. I don't know if they will open reservations 60 days out even if it isn't finished yet or how popular it will be because people want to try a new place. Otherwise, the only place I know I want to eat is Cafe Orleans. That's a must do for us each trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter