July 2012 Who's Going Thread

I am starting a snowball! We are going to Disneyland 3/31/12-4/6/12 and we are getting deluxe annual passes! I am saving for a summer trip to meet my cyber friend Dawn, aka nintfamily! It will be either 7/15/12-7/21/12 or
7/22/12-7/28/12. I have informed the family I am going with or without them! :rotfl2:
We are looking at staying offsite on Harbor, maybe BWPPI, Tropicana, or Desert Inn.
I am so excited I can just bounce like Tigger! :yay::yay:

I hope I didn't just jinx myself. :wizard:

Yaay, we got our Sunday Comic-Con passes! So that means I've got Ana. hotel, the San Diego hotel, the CC passes, and the flights booked. Still need to get the park tickets and SD Zoo tickets and figure out if my girls (4 & 7 and pretty shy) would be overjoyed or overwhelmed by lunch @ Ariel's one day. We've been watching the movies to get them more familiar with the characters so I have hope that it would be special and wonderful for them. The oldest is particularly taken with Belle and the younger really loves Cinderella.

I'm also trying to figure out the flow of the evening shows and how I want to try and see them. Since the grandparents will be with us we were pondering having one late night as a just me & DH night (from say 9-10pm-close) while the girls rested at the hotel (Park Vue) with the grandparents. That would give us a chance to do a few things that the girls might be too short/scared to do. That then leaves only 2 nights for fireworks, F!, and WoC, so I dunno. Opinions?

As far as telling them we're going I have a rough plan. We'll be visiting the grandparents that are taking us to DL on 4th of July weekend so I'm thinking while we are there I'll have DH sneak to the trunk and bring out some fancy invitations with balloons, take them to the front door, ring the doorbell and run back in through the garage. Then let the girls answer the door and see/retrieve the invitations - from the princesses - inviting them personally to come to Disneyland in California and visit them. That will then give them a week where I can show them videos and tell them about the park so they can have some time to look forward and learn about our destination.

Can I just say I am sooooo excited! And wordy :D

-MM

I love the invitation idea, that is SO great!

I may be there 4th of July as well. We'll see.

As far as telling them we're going I have a rough plan. We'll be visiting the grandparents that are taking us to DL on 4th of July weekend so I'm thinking while we are there I'll have DH sneak to the trunk and bring out some fancy invitations with balloons, take them to the front door, ring the doorbell and run back in through the garage. Then let the girls answer the door and see/retrieve the invitations - from the princesses - inviting them personally to come to Disneyland in California and visit them. That will then give them a week where I can show them videos and tell them about the park so they can have some time to look forward and learn about our destination.

Can I just say I am sooooo excited! And wordy :D

-MM

I love how you're going to surprise them! :thumbsup2

We plan to be there 7/21-24.
Right now have an overpriced room booked at Tropicana, but will keep looking for a better deal.

Although I can't say how hard it will be to try to get 18 people in to Goofy's! :scared1: You might want to call ahead of time to make sure if you can even make one for 18 people. That way you won't be surprised if they won't make one on the day you call. I think I've heard some places won't do large groups so better to be safe. Maybe someone else knows more about reservations for large groups.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll call and check it out before my 60 day window gets here. I can always break it into two reservations. We are a very mellow bunch.

I love Disney surprises. Take Pic's and let us know how it goes.

I am starting a snowball! We are going to Disneyland 3/31/12-4/6/12 and we are getting deluxe annual passes! I am saving for a summer trip to meet my cyber friend Dawn, aka nintfamily! It will be either 7/15/12-7/21/12 or
7/22/12-7/28/12. I have informed the family I am going with or without them! :rotfl2:
We are looking at staying offsite on Harbor, maybe BWPPI, Tropicana, or Desert Inn.
I am so excited I can just bounce like Tigger! :yay::yay:

I hope I didn't just jinx myself. :wizard:

And I am SO excited to met my Cyber friend azdisneylover, aka Linda! :banana::banana:

It's official, I'll be there from June 30 through July 6! I'll be getting my AP in a few weeks! Yay!

We will be in the area July 1 to July 10. We don't know what days we are going to Disneyland yet since it is the week of the Fourth of July. We are staying at the Radisson Suites in Buena Park. It's our first time to California and Disneyland (except DH). We are so excited!

I'm thinking while we are there I'll have DH sneak to the trunk and bring out some fancy invitations with balloons, take them to the front door, ring the doorbell and run back in through the garage. Then let the girls answer the door and see/retrieve the invitations - from the princesses - inviting them personally to come to Disneyland in California and visit them. Can I just say I am sooooo excited! And wordy :D

-MM

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun! May I suggest you check out the creative files on the disboards for inspiration for the invitations and a whole lot more! Maybe you can get Disney Princess helium balloons (from Dollar Tree or other dollar store) to tie to the invitations, or box, or bag you will have them in.

Hubby has a business trip in San Diego the week of July 23, so dd Miranda & I are flying out the end of the week & extending his trip by driving up to DLR for four days! We will be at DLR July 28-31!! Two days each park.

Dot in Oklahoma

WDW 2006 - Pop Century
WDW 2008 - All Star Music suite
DL 2009 - day trip
DL/DCA 2011 - 2 days DL, 1 day DCA
DL/DCA 2012 - 2daye ea. Fairfield Inn

Well here in Tucson, Az gas is $3.57 so quite a ways from $6 but still to high for my comfort!

Thank goodness it's not $6! My aunt has a really bad habit of over exaggerating.

I had to laugh at my other aunt and uncle that live in Phoenix though. They were thinking about following us out to DL but changed their minds on account of how high gas is. I said Really!? We're driving from OKLAHOMA and they're worried about the cost of gas to drive from Phoenix to Anaheim!

Just goes to show how determined I am to get my DL fix! :goodvibes

Thank goodness it's not $6! My aunt has a really bad habit of over exaggerating.

I had to laugh at my other aunt and uncle that live in Phoenix though. They were thinking about following us out to DL but changed their minds on account of how high gas is. I said Really!? We're driving from OKLAHOMA and they're worried about the cost of gas to drive from Phoenix to Anaheim!

Just goes to show how determined I am to get my DL fix! :goodvibes

We are also driving from Oklahoma. Yay road trips :car:

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun! May I suggest you check out the creative files on the disboards for inspiration for the invitations and a whole lot more! Maybe you can get Disney Princess helium balloons (from Dollar Tree or other dollar store) to tie to the invitations, or box, or bag you will have them in.

Thanks! I will definitely check that out. I just got a new digital craft cutter (a Silhouette Cameo) and I am super excited to try and use it to create something very special.

-MM

Who: dsny1mom and family

What: 10 days of DLR bliss

Where: DLH

When: June 30th-July 9th

Woo Hoo!!!!!

dsny1mom

Thanks to advice from PinkBudgie I called DLR Dining and asked about rules and procedures for large parties at places like Goofy's Kitchen. I'm happy to find out that they do have a procedure in place for reservations over ten. The only constraints is you have to make them at specific times. For our party of 18 I think she said it either had to be 5:30 or 7 p.m. I'm not as sure about the earlier time because 7 or 7:30 was what I was hoping for so I stopped listening after that. She said to be sure and call as close to the 60 day mark as possible and know exactly how many adults vs. kids we will have.

Now I just have to wait until I get everyone elses plane reservation times so I am sure 7 is ok.

Thanks to advice from PinkBudgie I called DLR Dining and asked about rules and procedures for large parties at places like Goofy's Kitchen. I'm happy to find out that they do have a procedure in place for reservations over ten. The only constraints is you have to make them at specific times. For our party of 18 I think she said it either had to be 5:30 or 7 p.m. I'm not as sure about the earlier time because 7 or 7:30 was what I was hoping for so I stopped listening after that. She said to be sure and call as close to the 60 day mark as possible and know exactly how many adults vs. kids we will have.

Now I just have to wait until I get everyone elses plane reservation times so I am sure 7 is ok.

Oh good! I'm glad now you know what to expect. I'm glad you'll be able to make such a large reservation. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter