July Challenge

I'm revved up and ready to go! (Inspired by my recent viewing of Herbie: Fully Loaded! 2 thumbs up.)

Not sure how much I will get done as dh will on travel for 2 weeks.

Judy

Now that I've made it through Vacation Bible School, church camp and some other things that were going on, I'm hoping I can get some scrapping done this month. Of course DH is off from work all of next week and we have a TON of home projects to work on and that will slow me down but hopefully I'll get to scrap some. We're taking our family vacation this month too but maybe I can work on some L/Os in the car. We shall see!

Karen

I'm in. Didn't finish our DR trip last month so it is at the top of my list. Must have it done by the end of the month. I also want to get DD's Girl Scout book up-to-date. With nothing in the works for the troop this summer until late Aug. I should get it done.

I am in too. I don't know how you would count these though, so let me know if they can be counted fully, not at all, half or what. My mom gave me all my step dad's hunting photos and wants me to scrap them. I do everything but put the journaling in because that will be my stepdads job as he knows where he was, what hunting memories and blah blah blah.

So just let me know on that one please!

I'm in since I have 85 pictures from my 2 days at Busch Gardens this past week.

To quote Jimmy Buffett..."looks like we have a great crew out there tonight (this month)".

Cobbler...that is a judgement call I guess on your part. I know in the past it has been they are called "done" when you are done with them. However, in May and the first part of June when I was working on grad gift books I didn't count those pages and I couldn't really call them finished. I left the journalling for the most part to the kids receiving them, although I did put in journalling when I had a particular memory to share with the graduate. And many of the pages were just set up for them to drop the photos on.

Deb

I'm in, I've finished my digital page for the recipe swap today - no idea if that counts. Hoping to get some serious scrapping done next week, making the most of being temporarily unemployed!

Hi everyone! Although it says I've been a member since July 2004, I have been a "lurker" until recently! Scrapbooking is my favorite thing to do, but I very rarely have time!

I am joining in the challenge this month. . .we did the Wonder cruise last month, and I took tons of pictures! I am going to try to get them done before I start back to work this fall! :wave:

I'm in, again....I am just NOT motivated to scrap these days. But I have a stack of pictures on the counter, just waiting to at least be cropped. Maybe today.

I'm in - but don't know how much I will accomplish. This board at least keeps me motivated to do something.

Well I've been busy this weekend since its been so blasted hot :sunny: I've done 17 pages in my Busch Garden Album....... :cool1:

I didn't scrap as many days as I thought I would (still working on DD's bedroom) but did get most of Sunday and Monday since DH was working, DS was gone with buddies, and DD was puttering in her room on stuff mom just couldn't help with and have finished 35 pages - but mine don't count since I'm hosting this month.

So how did everyone else do?

PigletsPal - 17 reported

Other players:
wtpclc
wuv tigger
TN Traveler
WDWMom
Cobbler
Queenie
StichIsOurHero
Alice 28
knovak

Deb

I spent 2 days in bed reading with a quick timeout to go to the Urgent Care Center.

Now with DH in England, I am not sure I will get anything done until he gets back.

Right now I am at O!

Judy

Ok I am in this month!
AND I got 4 pages done already!
do all my CJ pages count too???

I didn't do so well over the holiday weekend! I finally got motivated (by reading the boards of course) to work on it last night, and I got 9 pages done. I am off to work on some more, though--I have not finished doing our December '04 trip, and I am making myself wait to do our last trip until I am finished with that one. I must get off the boards and go scrapbook. . . . . :crazy:

I sat down and got 8 pages done today! :banana:

How is the little one sleeping these days?

How is DH doing? Does he have an arrival time yet?

Judy

Little one sleeps fairly well; usually a 5-6 hour stretch in the evening/night; eats; sleeps for another 3-5 hours. She is 4 months on Friday,, so after her checkup on Friday, we will start the cereal & maybe I can get close to a full night's sleep. :goodvibes

DH is scheduled to come home in Jan/Feb....maybe December, but I doubt that.

I wrote this on the new mom's thread & I want to share with my scrappy pals too:

I have to share something extremely exciting with you ladies, and no, it has nothing to do with Gymboree.

I have been dealing with anxiety over some home repairs. Nothing major, but some cracks in our plaster in the ceilings; floor molding that needs to be installed (we had Pergo put in 3 summers ago and have yet to replace the base molding in the kitchen and Molly's room ); paint is starting to chip on the outside of the house, in some places pretty badly. I was anxious because I wasn't sure who to call about the plaster; don't have a lot of money right now; hate not having DH here to talk with about it.

Several years ago when the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan began, our local radio station that plays the top 40 songs and does a silly morning show, etc, was helping out a deployed family with a water heater or something like that and I remember one of the DJs saying how there were tons of contractors here in the Portland area who wanted to help out deployed families for free or nominal cost and just to call the station and ask for help. Well, at the time everything was hunky dory with our family, hubby home, thought nothing of it except that it was really cool.

Well, I decided the other day just to email the station and ask for the name of one of those contractors cause I had several minor repair issues with our home that I didn't know who to contact for. I briefly stated that DH was in Iraq and had been for several months, and he wouldn't be home til next Jan, we have 3 kids, and I would hate for him to come home to a mile long honey-do list.

The DJ emailed me back and asked me to call the station to talk with him off air. I did call (after 45 minutes of being way nervous about it) & he was on-air so the call screen guy took my name and number and the DJ called me back about an hour or so later. He said he was soooo impressed with my email that I wasn't "Gimme gimme" about anything, and that I didn't ask for anything at all but a name, and that he and Terry (the cohost) were so grateful for my husband's sacrifice, that they want to put me on air in a week (after they are back from vacation) and open my needs up to the greater Portland area and get ALL the repairs I want done, done! OH MY GOD. I was shocked. A little tongue tied for sure. I don't know exactly will happen, and whenever my mind starts racing, I pull back and say to myself, "I want the cracks repaired, and anything after that is gravy."

God is good, and so are my fellow Oregonians. This is so exciting I could just scream! I will let you all know what happens of this as I know...like I said, this won't happen until the 11th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter