July Challenge

That is just SO wonderful! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Please update us when you can. And DO let them "have at it" in the house. You are NOT begging for anything and folks so want to help military families!

Families in our church bought diapers, formula, groceries on a regular basis to the stateside family & stuff to send to the dh who was in Iraq.

The Mom was so grateful as I know you are!

What a blessing you will be receiving!

Judy

That is terrific! We have a work day this coming Saturday for a family in our church whose hubby/dad is home on leave for 4 weeks and NO ONE wanted him to spend that leave doing chores around the house. But we also know he couldn't stand it not to be part of the process. :rotfl: So I guess it is going to be like an Amish barn raising. People want to help, so PLEASE let us!

And keep us posted!
Deb

That is wonderful news!

I'm upto 5 pages so far, hoping to get some more done this evening as I've been getting stuff together for my Seaworld and KSC layouts..

Although my news isn't even close to being as wonderful as Alice28's, I'm really happy today as I've been invited for an interview for the job I really want. Just crossing my fingers and hoping I don't get too nervous on Monday as there's a typing test to go through before the formal AND informal interviews!!!

Alice - That is WONDERFUL news! Please give them your full list. KKeep the same #1 priority, but if someone wants to pitch in for the others, let them. There is not a whole non-military people can do. So, helping you may make someone feel like they really have helped in the efforts.

queenie - :wizard: for the job interview.

Both of you, keep us posted.

Patty - I count my cj pages as they are completed with journaling. If someone feels otherwise, please let me know.

Well, I had my parents at the house from Friday when I got home until Yesterday late morning. My brother and 2 of his kids were there from Saturday morning until yesterday morning. Wonderful, but very busy weekend. FYI - If you want to see something sad, look at an 8 YO, who starts planning the 4th of July weekend at our house at Christmas time, when we are watching the weather to see if we can do fire works. We got a little wet, but still saw a great show. This was the 2nd year that we were watching the radar until the last minute. The poor thing was just at a loss. All's well that end's well, though. Now she just got ot con her parents into bringing her for Coast Guard fire works! Hasn't worked so far, but she keeps trying. ;)

what radio station is it?

Maybe I can get a web link.

Judy

BTW: still @ O but I got 6 loads of laundry done yesterday! :cheer2:

Good Luck Queenie!!!!!!!!

The radio station is www.1051thebuzz.com

The DJs that are going to put me on air are Nelson & Terry. If you click on them and scroll down, you will see a year ago how they decided to help out a guy who was paralyzed while helping the police get a bad guy----look at what they did to his house!!!!!!!!!!! :earseek: :earseek: :wizard: This is why I am trying not to get my hopes up, but when these guys decide they want to help someone, they go ALL OUT. :Pinkbounc

Alice- That is so wonderful!! Hooray for you.

Checking in with a big fat 0. I may get the ambition to do some this afternoon. I am really tired of working on my stepdads books. I have 2 more to go plus about 10 pages left in the one I am currently on.

Judy - We tied for amount of laundry done yesterday, but I still have a load to go. :( Good thing I don't have house guests that often!

BTW, I'm still officially at 0 too.

Alice - Good for you. I hope you get everything done that needs to be. Not sure I could handle your situation. God Bless your whole family.

Yesterday must have been laundry day ladies. Not sure how many loads I did, but I didn't finish. Will have to finish them Thursday.

I completed 2 pages at 4 am this morning. Woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and worked. Never did it before. Maybe I should try it more often -NOT.

Add another two to my total, now to call my mother to finalise trip planning details for London on Friday. I can feel another layout forming itself in my head!

I am up to 12 this month. I just need to do some journaling and adhering and I am done with our DR trip. It shouldn't take long. I also need to adhere a few things and I am done with my sign in pages for my CJ. Hopefully I can finish it all tonight before DH gets home from his weekend away. Need to go clean the bathrooms first and then the boys and I are going to hang out at a friend's pool.

Ok folks here is the latest count:

PigletsPal - 17
WDWMom - 12
Alice28 - 8
Queenie - 7 (BTW: how is London after Thursday? Do you still go in on Friday? Hope you and yours are well and SAFE!)
PattyT - 4
wtpclc - 0 (You actually brave going into town for CG? :earseek: )
wuv tigger - 0
TN Traveler - 0
Cobbler - 0 (I emphatize on the laundry - that is actually a light week for me though)
StitchIsOurHero - 0
knovak 0 0

I had another good weekend and am up to 56 for the month. Please don't feel too impressed, several multipage spreads were simply wallpapered with matted photos and little journalling needed beyond the main description of the event.

Deb

Yes Deb, I brave the CG crowds. That's why I ride my bike, htough. It takes 45 minutes on bike and about the same via car. At least I can get a parking space and am moving most of the time with my bike. The fireworks are among the best I've ever seen. No, Tink doesn't fly down beforehand, but they're so close and really are awesome!

I hope to get some scrapping done tonight. Don't know if I'll get to the journaling, but at least I'll be moving in the right direction!

Having grown up in the area and attended CG Festivals for years I have tended to avoid them of late. Although my brother & his family come into town every year specifically for that! I did go last year and vowed not again for a while. It is fine when I can be out on the boat with Greg ("working") but I just can't stand the crowds. The fireworks are among the best in the world - according to all of the experts out there. It is just fighting those giant crowds that get bigger every year. And this year with Sheldon all torn up, and the construction on Harbor....I've got a headache just thinking about it.

Good luck scrapping tonight.

Deb

I am officially on the board with 2. I have done more, but in my stepdads scrapbooks. I used my new sizzix playground font and eyelets. I think it looks kind of cute.

That will probably be it for me for the month - seriously - unless I get sick of working on those darn hunting books and throw in a page here or there.

I am finally settling down and getting back into the swing of scrapping. I found some great stickers to finish up my friend's 40th birthday celebration so finished that layout and also finished a 3 page L/O for my parents anniversary. so I'm on the board w/9 and hoping to get seveal more done before the end of the month. :flower:

Karen aka TN Traveler

OK, it took 2 hours to get 1 page in my book last night. I got the brilliant idea of makin gMardi Gras beads out of mini circles and making them into a necklace on the page. That took a while...

On the bright side, I've only got 3 pages to go and these will be quick. Still nothing journaled, though.

I am at 16 with our Dominican Republic trip pics done. Just bought more page protectors and need to get them in the book. Glad those are done. I need to go back to Sam's tomorrow and get some more pics printed. Just that is a good problem to have though.

2 more layouts done.

We decided no to go to London (our concert was cancelled eventually.) We can't get down to the re-scheduled show this Friday due to increased travel costs, lack of babysitters and no available kennels but in all fairness we don't really want to go anymore. As my sister (who has a 3yr old daughter) said, she cannot put herself through that level of risk for something as trivial as a concert when she has a child. I've spent the money I'm getting refunded for the ticket on a guitar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter