**June 2016 check in**

Will be there Jun 13-17, Kids APs expire on 6/28 so getting in one more trip. Can't wait! Going to an Angels game as well since we have no major league sports here in Idaho lol.

Hey everyone, I'm new here!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disneyland in June- we went to WDW for the first time last year to celebrate our anniversary and had a blast! When we started planning our anniversary trip this year as a SoCal trip I suggested a couple days at DLR and here we are!

We'll be in CA from 6/4-6/10, and at the parks June 8 & 9. One question- I saw there's a Grad Night scheduled for 6/9- what sort of effect does that have on park hours?
I am not 100% sure but I think one park closes early for grad nights I am also not sure which park they will be in this year.

Grad Nights are held after hours in DCA, so there is no closing early. Disneyland gets a bit busier in the day since the kids head there first then go to DCA for the party at like 10pm.

Hello Disney friends. I am very happy to post here for the first time in awhile. We will be going to Disneyland as a family for the first time from 6/13-6/17 and staying at the Camelot Inn (never stayed there before, but excited to see what its like). I am a Disney fanatic but DH isn't so this is big on many levels. Also both DH and I will be graduating our very long journey to our bachelor's degrees. Much time has been taken off between terms due to family and everything that comes with being a parent. I will also have my birthday, 6/14, at Disneyland for the 1st time ever! So excited and can't wait til it gets here!:-)

Our previous trips has always been in September, the week after Labour Day, when we have been very lucky with hardly any wait time at all (except for RSR of course). I know it might be difficult to predict, but how bad do you guys think the crowds will be on June 13 and 14?

Thought I would post the planed refurbishments during June for planning purposes.....

Disneyland
Fantasmic
Disneyland Railroad
Mark Twain Riverboat
Salingship Columbia
Pirates Liar
Davy Crocket Canoes
Autopia
Jungle Cruise

California Adventure
none

I sure hope Autopia, Jungle Cruise and Fantasmic are back online by June....

Thank you for the information. We will be there the second week of June and I am really bummed about Autopia being down while we are there. We are WDW vets and between the Magic Kingdom's Speedway and DL's Autopia, Autopia wins hands down as favorite ride. We were all looking forward to riding the ride again. Oh well. I also see that you have Jungle Cruise on your list....I thought that was going to be up and running in April? I could be wrong though.

Thank you for the information. We will be there the second week of June and I am really bummed about Autopia being down while we are there. We are WDW vets and between the Magic Kingdom's Speedway and DL's Autopia, Autopia wins hands down as favorite ride. We were all looking forward to riding the ride again. Oh well. I also see that you have Jungle Cruise on your list....I thought that was going to be up and running in April? I could be wrong though.

HERE is the list with dates attached, from Touring Plans. Jungle Cruise is still supposed to be up in April :-):-)

HERE is the list with dates attached, from Touring Plans. Jungle Cruise is still supposed to be up in April :-):-)

Thank you for posting the list of closures and reopening dates. According to the list given, Autopia will be back up and running on 4/4, but when I went to allears.net and looked at the scheduled refurbs it said it will be closed until December 2016 (unless they are also talking about the Autopia FP booth which according to Touring plans is closed until January 2017). I am a bit confused, I guess I will have to wait until we get there to find out if it is opened or not...crossing my fingers that it is.

Thank you for posting the list of closures and reopening dates. According to the list given, Autopia will be back up and running on 4/4, but when I went to allears.net and looked at the scheduled refurbs it said it will be closed until December 2016 (unless they are also talking about the Autopia FP booth which according to Touring plans is closed until January 2017). I am a bit confused, I guess I will have to wait until we get there to find out if it is opened or not...crossing my fingers that it is.

I hope that they're just talking about the FP kiosk, since the difference in time is just December to January, and that it's back up and running in time for your trip since it is one of your favorites!!

I hope that they're just talking about the FP kiosk, since the difference in time is just December to January, and that it's back up and running in time for your trip since it is one of your favorites!!

I just noticed that we will both be in DLR around the same time :banana:. I hope you have a great trip as well :goodvibes

We are also DW vets visiting DL for the first time. I'm excited for old fashioned paper fast passes.

We'll be in Anaheim 6/18-6/23 before moving to LA for the rest of the trip. This trip started as a quick, cheap trip to see DD's favorite YouTube duo in Hollywood, but it has blossomed into a full fledged Disneyland and Universal trip. We are currently booked at Hojo, but I haven't decided if we are going to stick with it. Park Vue is about the same price and adds free breakfast.

First page has been updated with new travelers!!

How's everyone's planning going? I feel kind of stagnant, waiting for dining reservations to open up, dealing with almost-but-not-quite end of the school year stuff, etc...

Summer is in sight!

First page has been updated with new travelers!!

How's everyone's planning going? I feel kind of stagnant, waiting for dining reservations to open up, dealing with almost-but-not-quite end of the school year stuff, etc...

Summer is in sight!

I feel exactly the same way, I am so used to planning out our WDW vacations where we make dining reservations 180 days out. Having to wait 60 days to make our dining plans is becoming torturous :rotfl:. We have a great plan, just have to set it in stone by getting confirmation #s. Also, this trip we are bringing along my DMIL for a few days during our trip (this will be her first time at DLR) and we cannot wait to experience it through her eyes. The only thing is, we have to be hush hush about it because my DD12 has no idea grandma (who we don't get to see too often because she lives 3 hours from us) is coming because this is her birthday trip (we are actually celebrating a month earlier then her true birthday) and because my DD14 is helping me plan EVERYTHING, she is very insistent that we don't tell her sister anything...the only thing she does know is that we are going in June (however she doesn't know the exact date) and that we are staying in a 2 bedroom villa at VGC. I cannot wait to see DD's face when she realizes all of the wonderful things we have planned, including having grandma in our room as we head back from our first full day of parks and fun :goodvibes.

So excited......booked are airfare today. Leaving 7:45am on 6/22 out of Seatac to Orange County. Return flight is 6/29 at 8:25pm. So glad I booked as we needed 5 seats and there were not not many left on the cheaper flight. We won't sit together but only a few rows apart. Airfare was $256 with all the taxes so I didn't think it was too bad. Of course we need to add on $25 each for baggage. We are flying Alaskan Air.

I haven't had a chance to do any planning. I'm in charge of our elementary school play and it has kept me very busy. We just finished all the shows so back to vacation planning. Our show this year was Peter Pan, Jr. so at least it kept Disney on my mind and singing all the songs was fun.

I have not visited the boards in.... a while... But just booked a super-secret surprise trip in June. We are driving down the last day of school 6/3 and will be there through 6/6

So excited......booked are airfare today. Leaving 7:45am on 6/22 out of Seatac to Orange County. Return flight is 6/29 at 8:25pm. So glad I booked as we needed 5 seats and there were not not many left on the cheaper flight. We won't sit together but only a few rows apart. Airfare was $256 with all the taxes so I didn't think it was too bad. Of course we need to add on $25 each for baggage. We are flying Alaskan Air.

I haven't had a chance to do any planning. I'm in charge of our elementary school play and it has kept me very busy. We just finished all the shows so back to vacation planning. Our show this year was Peter Pan, Jr. so at least it kept Disney on my mind and singing all the songs was fun.

My DD12 is in the school play as well which they are doing the Lion King Jr., the performances aren't until the end of April though (I too am helping out with the play), it really does make the time go by fast and also closer to our trip :banana:.

My trip was supposed to be a surprise to my 2 girls (19 and 12). My 20 yr old son already knew. I told my 19 year old daughter this last weekend, because she was having a hard time with college and all of her friends deciding to go on a Spring Break together and not inviting her. So, I told. Now thinking I should just tell the youngest. Plus, I got presented with a possible new job opportunity that could mess up a June vacation (not enough PTO accrued for a June). So, some uncertainty about it right now. I want to be reserving the rental car, but I don't want to have to cancel tons of reservations if I do need to move the trip to late August.

My DD12 is in the school play as well which they are doing the Lion King Jr., the performances aren't until the end of April though (I too am helping out with the play), it really does make the time go by fast and also closer to our trip
I would love to hear more about Lion King, Jr. We are trying to pick a show for next year and it is so hard to find one that is appropriate and that we haven't already done. We are thinking Little Mermaid but we are trying to attract more boys to the production.

I would love to hear more about Lion King, Jr. We are trying to pick a show for next year and it is so hard to find one that is appropriate and that we haven't already done. We are thinking Little Mermaid but we are trying to attract more boys to the production.

The play is more like the Broadway musical with bits of the movie added in too. This is the first time that I have seen this being done at a Junior High level, I have seen the High School kids do a version. When my DD14 was at that school she was in Aladdin Jr., according to DD, that was one of the best plays that she was in because it was so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter