June 2021 Exercise Challenge - Jump in!

Raya

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the June 2022 exercise thread! This month we're all jumping in and keeping track of our own times and colors. Feel free to post any June fun facts or cool pictures along the way - especially if you're going 🏰 Home!

For this DIY month each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise, keeping track of their own minutes and percentage complete across the month. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Common goals for our 30 days of June:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1355
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Update your colors as you add to your minutes!

10% - Red
25% - Orange
50% - Yellow
75% - Green
90% - Blue
100% - Purple

I'm going with 600 minutes this month - about 10% more than last month. My hope is to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes every other day and get at least 10 minutes of exercise on the off days.

I started things off with a brisk 35 minute walk yesterday. Hoping to actually get outside and walk in the chilly sunshine. This Florida girl is definitely amazed that it's in the 50's in June. Guess that happens when you move to Boston!

35/600 - 6%

Hoping to actually get outside and walk in the chilly sunshine. This Florida girl is definitely amazed that it's in the 50's in June. Guess that happens when you move to Boston!
"Spring" in Boston is definitely weird. (I noticed it when I moved here too, and that was only from upstate NY!) The temps flip-flop so much that we call it "yo-yo season" in our house. :rotfl2:

Thanks for starting us off, @Raya! Even though May got away from me, I'm going to shoot for 600 again this month and see if I can get back on track.

I walked for 20 minutes yesterday, so:

20/600 - 3%

I love the rainbow color order for this month!!! Going for 1800 this time. Off to a terrible start of not anything worth counting so far. Had the plumber at the house for several hours yesterday and was just plain lazy today (but at least I finally got to see the new Downton movie!).

0/1800

150 minutes - horses

150/1800

Also, my daughter and I signed up for the inaugural Finnegan Fox virtual 5K for SaveAFox Rescue on June 10th. We are super excited to do this together! :yay: I have a dermatology appointment Monday for this annoying staph infection, so hopefully there's something topical I can use so that I'll be on the way to healing before the 5K. Fingers crossed!!!!

Last edited:
Jumping in with a little Disney Trivia I ran across in an audio book yesterday:
Did you know WDW has "Sentinel Chickens"?

I looked it up on line to share:
"Animals are a big way to keep insects under control. Natural mosquito predators can be found all over Walt Disney World, but you'll also find chickens. Yes, chickens. Walt Disney World keeps multiple coops of what are called "sentinel chickens" at various places on property. The sole job of these chickens is to be bitten by mosquitoes. Chickens can become carriers for the various viruses that mosquitoes can carry, but they rarely become sick because of them. The blood of the chickens is regularly analyzed to see if area mosquitoes are carrying anything dangerous, such as West Nile virus." (quote is from here)

And here's another article that mentions them, from Southern Living magazine.

Adding in 65 minutes for Monday. 265/1350 19%
Found out yesterday the next step on the crazy foot saga looks like I'm heading to surgery to have a small extra bone removed. It's what is causing all the problems it's rubbing on my tendon and as much walking as I do it's causing the issue. On the plus side he said it would be very easy with very little down time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter