June Jungle Book Exercise Challenge!

My new goal has become to walk the amount of steps in a 10k EACH DAY

That is an amazing goal!! I'm so impressed!

I had fallen a couple times off routine with exercising. Getting back to it. I start a new full time job tomorrow and will work out which will work better morning or after work. I may just do it after but we will see how my legs do. I may have to cut back my mileage to 1-2 miles until I know how my muscles will hold out with more time on feet during the day.

Today after a working interview I stopped on my way home got in 65 minutes on treadmill so my new total will be 572/1200. She had called me while I was on the treadmill and I called her back to hear that I got the job. I'm so excited. Finally after 8 years looking for a position in the field I went to school for I will be getting into a foot/ankle speciality. It seems all interesting and I will get to learn x-ray and take the testing for that. It will take another hit to my routine but I'm hoping it will get things going. Well I will be getting in bed soon. A whole new world waking up early again. AHHH but so happy to have a full time job.

Congrats on the new job!!

I didn't get a chance to check in last night, so here are my minutes for yesterday...
87 minutes - running, walking, knee exercises & stretches

1409/1900

First post will be updated soon, and I'll be back in a few with our awesome color changes (hint: we'll be talking about the jungle today)!

Happy Thursday!

Our first post now contains a little more
pink, since we've got some new members of King Louie Pink - congrats, courtneybeth & Saphire5742!
Congrats to our newest member of
WISH Jungle Green, BumbleB!!
We also have a double
WISH Jungle Green member - congrats on hitting double your goal, verleniahall!!

In honor of our new
WISH Jungle Green member, let's talk about another inhabitant of the jungle who is not being featured this month.

In the 1967 animated film, Colonel Hathi (who is just “Hathi” in the original book) is the leader of a herd of elephants, and runs his herd like a military squad. Hathi’s wife, Winifred, and son, Hathi Jr., are a part of his herd, and they are the ones who encourage Hathi to help search for Mowgli when he is missing.

pic_detail4de7df4ec4fac.png

Colonel Hathi is voiced by J. Pat O'Malley. In addition to voicing Colonel Hathi, O'Malley also provided the voice for the vulture Buzzie. His voice has also appeared in several other Disney movies, including Mary Poppins (in the "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" animated sequence), The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, and Alice in Wonderland.

MV5BMTQwNDExMTY0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjIwOTkxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Colonel Hathi does not appear as part of the 2016 live-action film version of The Jungle Book.

Catch up time for me, I have been out of town and walking in my friends pool to get my minutes in :yay:
Sun. 120 minutes (pool walking)
Mon 150 minutes (pool walking)
Tues 60 minutes (pool walking)
Tues 46 minutes (hiking)

812/750..........I DID IT.:banana:

Adding another 75 minutes from yesterday and have to deduct 10 minutes from Tuesday. My old eyes just aren't what they use to be. I only did 80 minutes instead of 90.

I've done that a few times. Happens to the best of us. At least you caught it!

812/750..........I DID IT.:banana:

YES!!!! :banana:

78 minutes for me today - running, walking, stretching

1487/1900

First post will be up to date soon!

Good morning and happy Friday! The weekend's almost here, and we all know that weekend = more time for exercise!

Let's start off the day with some color changes. :rainbow:
Congratulations to the newest member of
King Louie Pink, SarahDisney (aka me)!
We also have a new member of
WISH Jungle Green ... congrats, scdak!!

While we celebrate WISH Jungle Green, let's talk about another Jungle Book character who didn't get honored with a color this month.

Raksha is a female wolf, member of the Seeonee pack, who adopts a human cub (aka Mowgli) and raises him as her own.

In the 1967 animated film, Raksha appears only briefly at the beginning, and does not speak any lines. Bagheera's narration explains the beginnings to the story and how Mowgli ended up with the wolf pack.

Raksha plays a larger role in the 2016 live-action version of The Jungle Book. Voiced by Lupita Nyong'o, Raksha helps Mowgli and in his friends in their fight against Shere Khan. Nyong'o, who played Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, will also appear in another Disney movie in 2016 - Queen of Katwe, which will be released in September. Nyong'o will also be appearing in Star Wars Episode VIII.

The-Jungle-Book-Special-Shoot_RAKSHA-e1459496434393.jpg

my fitbit registered almost 4 hours of walking of walking while at the zoo on Wednesday but I'll count 60 of those as actual exercise, 15 minutes of pilates yesterday, and 30 minutes total walking from anf to the parking lot at a massive playground today brings my total to 715/600.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter