Kindle 2-$89

shows as sold out now - that was totally a anti-climatic.

On to Plan B for that gift I guess.

I got one- I sat and waited through the countdown and hit it right away- it took a little while for it to load but it finally came through.
A little consolation (maybe)- Overstock has a Nook for $99.00

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movi...d-Refurbished/5389836/product.html?TID=R:A1_1

Note these Nooks are not new - they are certified pre-owned and refurbished. I personally do not have a problem buying refurbished electronics (all 3 of my Ipods were refurbished) but others might.

Still had another window open and the "join waitlist" button was back. Al of a sudden I'm on the waitlist.
My spot is 500+
My prob of getting the deal:Poor
:rolleyes:

i just went ahead and bought the nook on overstock.com for $99. i'm tired of messing with amazon. it's for my DD, and she doesn't care, she'll just be happy to have one.

i just went ahead and bought the nook on overstock.com for $99. i'm tired of messing with amazon. it's for my DD, and she doesn't care, she'll just be happy to have one.

I did the same thing...I'm not falling for Amazon's trap. Amazon wants you to get all excited about a Kindle and force you to have to pay full price.

Phooy! I bought the Nook instead!

eh, I'm not going to get mad at Amazon. They have always treated me well and personally I really like the Kindle better than the nook. They are both nice gadgets ... I just like Amazon customer service, their prices, and the Kindle a little better.

I went ahead and put in an order for a WiFi @ $139 because I have a feeling those will sell out by Christmas. If I find something better I can always return it.

These bargain things are always a bit of luck. I don't think any of the retailers go into with an intent to trap anybody. Win some, lose some.

eh, I'm not going to get mad at Amazon. They have always treated me well and personally I really like the Kindle better than the nook. They are both nice gadgets ... I just like Amazon customer service, their prices, and the Kindle a little better.

I went ahead and put in an order for a WiFi @ $139 because I have a feeling those will sell out by Christmas. If I find something better I can always return it.

These bargain things are always a bit of luck. I don't think any of the retailers go into with an intent to trap anybody. Win some, lose some.

So true. Amazon Kindle's face book page has about 250,000 friends. I'm sure a good number of them tried for the limited number of $89 K2s.

IMO, I would be more concerned with the fact that B&N has so many refurbed Nooks available that they are selling all over the internet. ;)

I click "Add to Cart" immediately when it appeared. For two minutes I had a message that it was checking on the status of the deal. Then the waitlist button showed up. I clicked that and missed it too.

This is exactly what happened to me. I pressed add to cart immediately and got the same message. Honestly, this has happened before to me even last year with Amazon. I think they limit the bigger items with good discounts to just a few available to get you all hyped up about getting one so a large number of the other 500,000 or however many people who lost out will buy one at full price. It is just a marketing tool.

Well, I was planning to buy one anyway. If I could have gotten the $89 version, great. On the other hand, I was paying with gift cards, so all but the last $15 was "free" as far as my wallet is concerned :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter