"Ladies and Gentlemen" becoming an outdated term?

This is what we mean when we say gender is a social construct. There is no biological reason for these types of behaviors. It's just what a specific society labels as "boy" or "girl" behavioirs.
Such studies show boys and girls this age generally have different ways of playing and communicating. Boys’ play is generally more physical, engaging with mobile toys or building structures. Girls generally have more socially interactive play, and are more articulate.

I've read something about that as well. Apparently, girls hearing is typically better developed by that age, so that's explains why they're more interested in verbal play, and they same goes for certain large motor skills in boys. So I do believe that some of "gender stereotypical" play is biological.

But I also agree there is a social component:

I do think, however, there is also likely a combination of both physical and social conditioning involved. To what degree is a question and probably varies individually.
I think all of us or a combo or “nature & nurture”.

I can't find it right now, but I remember seeing something where they gave people the exact same baby picture, and asked them to caption it. If they were told it was girl, their answers were different than if they were told it was a boy.

I was merely pointing out that it seems very clear to me that, in wishing death upon them, you do have a problem with these parties. That’s cool. I get it. You don’t like gender reveal parties. Thank you for sharing. But it’s also obvious to me that many people do like them. I guess it just never occurred to me that someone could feel so strongly about a party that they have the freedom not to attend, read about, or pay any attention to. Especially when I consider the fact that they might bring joy to others. Learn something new every day I guess.
"wishing death upon them" is just merely a saying meaning one wishes that whatever is being spoken of would stop and go away such as something that you think is ridiculous.

I've read something about that as well. Apparently, girls hearing is typically better developed by that age, so that's explains why they're more interested in verbal play, and they same goes for certain large motor skills in boys. So I do believe that some of "gender stereotypical" play is biological.

Girls also tend to develop fine motor skills earlier than boys, while, as you said, boys develop gross motor skills earlier. That lends itself to different kinds of play.

Girls also tend to develop fine motor skills earlier than boys, while, as you said, boys develop gross motor skills earlier. That lends itself to different kinds of play.
Right which is why DS wants to throw stuff all day & run & play & my friends girls will sit & color.

I made a doctor appointment today with a new provider and among the questions I was asked was, “Do you identify as the gender that is on your birth certificate?” It amused me quite a bit. I couldn’t help wondering if it took a team of lawyers and HR folks to come up with the exact wording.

A similar situation happened to me today. I scheduled a diagnostic test at the hospital and was asked for my preferred pronoun and form of address, such as Mister. The person named Noel sort of apologized and said it is a new thing they are required to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter