Language on the shows getting a little too salty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been noticing a lot more sexually suggestive messages on the show lately

Oliver watching Craig handle his controls

Ryno being proud of his hover board

Oliver learning how to use his wand in school

Etc..

Although I don't necessarily mind it seems it had certainly increased

Was wondering if you guys noticed this and how you felt

If you don't care, why did you make a thread about it?

Personally, I'd welcome even more of it.
The thing about innuendo is that it SHOULD go over kids heads. If it doesn't, it's not the person making the innuendo that's at fault, it's the parents for allowing their children to know what it means.
We're all grown ups here, I'm sure we can handle a bit of cheeky fun?

No problems here, either. I'm probably a wee bit more socially conservative than many other DIS'rs but no worries with this. It's all in good fun. Innuendo is just that. We make of it what we will. I've only been watching for a few yrs but this past yr has been the most fun, witty & clever. The DIS Team have really hit their stride. Craig, Ryno & now Oliver are an absolute hit :-)

I've noticed and it bugs me a little bit. I enjoy humor but I really don't appreciate sexual innuendo. DH says its because I'm a Midwestern prude. He also says I have no sense of humor but that's just not true. I think they should keep the show clean and accessible to everyone.

I guess you can take the girl out of Indiana but you can't take Indiana out of the girl.

I have been noticing a lot more sexually suggestive messages on the show lately

Oliver watching Craig handle his controls

Ryno being proud of his hover board

Oliver learning how to use his wand in school

Etc..

Although I don't necessarily mind it seems it had certainly increased

Was wondering if you guys noticed this and how you felt

This post made me LOL. There has been overt sexual innuendo in cartoons, TV, and movies for years. Commercials on TV are the worst. Anything on the podcast is mild by comparison.

I just think now with a younger male crew now, there lack of a more mature mom female presence is starting show

You can only giggle at things such as " daily poutine" so much

I just think now with a younger male crew now, there lack of a more mature mom female presence is starting show

You can only giggle at things such as " daily poutine" so much
Except that the ones who laughed at "poutine" were Kevin and Julie... Neither are younger males (sorry @DisneyKevin) and Julie is actually a mum.

ETA:
I'm curious: as you've said you've been a listener/viewer for quite a while now, but have only just recently joined the community here on the disunplugged board, and two of the threads you've created were complaining about the show, do you actually LIKE the show? Just seems like you've come to join the community but only to complain?
Everyone is surely entitled to their opinion, and we've all made ours heard at times, both good and bad, so I don't mean it like that, I'm just not sure I've seen you comment on anything positive you like about the show?

Last edited:
I didn't realize my posts required an investigation into my background

Is there a qualifier on who is allowed to post

Let me make it perfectly clear that I truly love The Dis. The channel is amazing

recent posts are only to excercise my right to voice some concerns on the direction the show has gone
I think you're being a little dramatic, don't you think?
Like I said, we've all voiced our opinions, good and bad here, and I hardly investigated your background, you mentioned on another thread that you'd been listening for years and your post count is low.
All I'm saying is that all I've seen are negative threads here that you've posted, which is fine, I was just trying to understand whether you actually liked the show, because it's not coming across that way, that's all.
I was a newbie here but 12 months ago, so of course everyone is welcome to post, and not once did I imply otherwise. You're creating heat where there is none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter