• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

What a shame. We've already cancelled WCC due to the changes. It was a recent discovery for us and we couldn't wait to go back and take some new visitors with us. Disappointing but now it's just a breakfast with no draw card, we can really do anything. We've decided that this day may as well be breakfast in the camper at FW. After much deliberation DH and I had decided on AP for our date night. Just waiting to book. Looks like we need to plan something else now.
We ate at WCC today for lunch. There were antics. Lots of antics. The CMs didn't yell for ketchup but encouraged the guests to do so. There were "pony rides." There were lots of shenanigans. Lots of shenanigans. There were way more antics than when we ate there 2 years ago. Straws in hair, hats made from napkins, lots of sass, tons of attention to each table. We actually ordered dessert to extend our time there. Give it a try. Its getting an unfair rap right now.

I'm confused. Some people seem to be saying that a DVC resort has to have a signature restaurant. Did I get that right? If so, what about SSR? OKW?

I don't think people are saying that.

I think people are saying that a DVC should have what it had when it was purchased, so if it had a signature it should keep it

Also people are saying a DELUXE should have a signature. Most of them do except for the Poly.

[QUOTE="Farro, post: 59439367, member: 580912"]Hmmm, are you jealous of my superior palate from Chicago? :p

I think the whole signature designation should be done away with anyways. If it's great food and service, people will go. Our favorite dinners have been from non-signature restaurants. (although we have had great dinners at some signatures)

For the dining plan, just make it two credits based on price point since signature status doesn't always seem to mean the best.[/QUOTE]

Curious if you agree that the filet at CG average at best??? :mic:

Curious if you agree that the filet at CG average at best??? :mic:

My steak I had last time at CG melted in my mouth, so I would say above average according to my superior palate from Chicago - which has had some bad steak right here at home. ;)

Although my brother's lamb was raw...

My steak I had last time at CG melted in my mouth, so I would say above average according to my superior palate from Chicago - which has had some bad steak right here at home. ;)

For DH and I, Chgo steaks still reign! Lol His was okay, mine I could not cut... it was tough.

I don't think people are saying that.

I think people are saying that a DVC should have what it had when it was purchased, so if it had a signature it should keep it

Also people are saying a DELUXE should have a signature. Most of them do except for the Poly.

From what I've read, i would say most are saying that a deluxe resort shoud have a signature restaurant. You are correct that the Poly doesn't, however, they still have the luau (spirit of Aloha). I suspect they may consider that a signature. As a DVC member, I would also agree that while the restaurant may change, if a signature restaurant was there when you purchased, one should continue or be replace with something comparable.

If they were lamb chops they should be served rare as opposed to raw according to my superior NYC palate;).

I go back to the Wilderness Lodge before it was a DVC property. So much has changed since then. Some of you may remember the wonderful uniqueness of the Wilderness Lodge including:

The flag family

Ranger Stan

Kids activities in the lobby for FREE

Beautiful natural areas where we saw deer, armadillos, ducks, otter, etc.

Cub’s Den

AP, WCC, RF for food options

A Christmas gift on your door knob Christmas morning

I’m sure there are some more things I’ve forgotten. So for me, it’s not just the loss of Artist Point, it’s the loss of one more thing from the list of so many things.

This is not the end of the world, but it does make me sad.

The TREES! The TREES! I remember the BEAUTIFUL TREES!!!!!! :guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty:

If this is true, I hope its after August 2019. AP is my favorite Signature Dinner venue. I really dont care what they do with WC ! Never loved that place.

If this is true, I hope its after August 2019. AP is my favorite Signature Dinner venue. I really dont care what they do with WC ! Never loved that place.
NOTHING has been confirmed. ADRs are not open after this October, though. Everything else is pure speculation at this point.

As a big fan of AP in its current form (albeit in the minority, given the location's attendance), I believe it's safe to assume whatever it's going to be when it re-opens will be a significant departure.

Someone over on wdwmagic is reporting it will be a Snow White character meal...But obviously until Disney announces anything its still all rumors.

NOTHING has been confirmed. ADRs are not open after this October, though. Everything else is pure speculation at this point.
Absolutely true. Now, let's read this.

"ADRs are not open after this October".

Really, one can stop there. WDW is not talking - when they do? People can plan. But given the current DATA? There is no AP after Oct 28, 2018.
If anyone has any DATA? Would love to see it. Else? This is a dead restaurant. PLEASE - prove me wrong, with DATA.

At this point, I think the best we can hope for is that the restaurant is being reimagined/rethemed to include a character breakfast/brunch while still maintaining a fine dining experience for dinner (i.e., no characters for that meal) as has somewhat similarly been done over the past five or so years at Cali Grill and Flying Fish.

What concerns me, as others on this thread have noted, is that management of this resort has made a series of missteps with regard to the resort's dining venues. You almost get the sense that they're sort of flailing their arms in desperation without thinking ahead. It's as if common sense has left the room and explains why many of us are worried that they'll remove the resort's historically strongest dining option (Artist Point) while more or less failing to improve any of the weaker ones.

If the only table service dinner options at WL end up being a toned down WCC (with essentially the same menu) and a character buffet in place of Artist Point, it will be lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.

At this point, I think the best we can hope for is that the restaurant is being reimagined/rethemed to include a character breakfast/brunch while still maintaining a fine dining experience for dinner (i.e., no characters for that meal) as has somewhat similarly been done over the past five or so years at Cali Grill and Flying Fish.

What concerns me, as others on this thread have noted, is that management of this resort has made a series of missteps with regard to the resort's dining venues. You almost get the sense that they're sort of flailing their arms in desperation without thinking ahead. It's as if common sense has left the room and explains why many of us are worried that they'll remove the resort's historically strongest dining option (Artist Point) while more or less failing to improve any of the weaker ones.

If the only table service dinner options at WL end up being a toned down WCC (with essentially the same menu) and a character buffet in place of Artist Point, it will be lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.
Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter