Least Favorite Disney Resort in Each Category

Value - I used to love any of the All-Stars, now they are at the bottom of my list for various reasons. Will think about retrying if they all get refurbs.

Mod - There's not one that stands out for me to rank as least favorite...

Deluxe - Beach Club... it just was not me. Noisiest Dis resort I've stayed at as far as non-guest noises. Loved the location though, but would go Boardwalk every time over BC. I can see why some like it (esp if you are a pool person).

I always say people need to just try them all out and see which resorts "fit."

This is interesting! Especially the Poly and AK votes. They seem to have a solid fan base, so I guess you either love it or hate it. I would love to spend two nights at AK, but I can't imagine staying longer there. It seems so far away. I've only stayed at one, so I can't vote :)

Value: Only ever stayed at POP thinking we would have fun trying out all the resorts at all levels....hated it and was told no more value stays. Might be different with the reno but we'll probably stick to moderates if paying cash and villas on points.

Moderate: Only been to CSR and loved it so no least favourites I guess. Hoping to try more of the mods when we have trips where we get into Florida early.

Deluxe/Villas: BLT. Wife and daughter hated it, I was fine with it but still my least favourite that we've stayed at. Small rooms and just feels like any other hotel. If given a choice between BLT or SSR we'll take SSR.

This is interesting! Especially the Poly and AK votes. They seem to have a solid fan base, so I guess you either love it or hate it. I would love to spend two nights at AK, but I can't imagine staying longer there. It seems so far away. I've only stayed at one, so I can't vote :)

The only place AKL is "far" from is MK. AKL is closer to every other destination than the MK area resorts.

The only place AKL is "far" from is MK. AKL is closer to every other destination than the MK area resorts.
Yes I suppose that is true. I guess for me, the problem is, it is not very close to one of the parks that I would want to be very close to. :)

I haven't stayed at all of them, this just off my impressions from visiting, etc.

Value: ASSp. I'm just not a sports girl, so the themeing appeals the least to me.

Mod: POFQ. Never stayed there, but visited while staying at POR. I know a lot of people hate how large the moderates are, but I love the beautiful grounds. I didn't think POFQ was nearly as pretty as POR. Plus, it's almost always excluded from discounts. It's not worth paying rack rate to stay there IMO.

Deluxe: Never stayed in any of them but visited most of them. AKL. To me, one of the greatest benefits of staying deluxe is being able to walk and or/take a short monorail or boat ride to a park. AKL has none of these perks. Plus, I'm not a fan of African food.

Last edited:

Value: All Star Music
(My favorite is All Star Sports for the relatively small size and the layout - everything is pretty close to the front, although the new room layouts in Pop are great.)

Moderate: Coronado Springs, Ranchos section - too far from the front and there's very little shade.
I liked my stay at Caribbean Beach in the mid-2000s, but the new room decor does not appeal to me at all based on photographs. They blocked in the extra window by the door, too. The multiple bus stops are obnoxious also.
(My favorite is a toss up between both Port Orleans Resorts; I think I slightly prefer Riverside.)

Deluxe: I haven't stayed at many yet, but the long-gone Disney Institute would be my vote. It was dated. It was replaced by Saratoga Springs.
(My favorite is Yacht Club vs Beach Club since they have full balconies, and I prefer the decor and how it's a little quieter even though the walk to Epcot is a smidgen longer.)

Value - All-Star Sports - least favorite of the All-Star theming
Moderate - Caribbean Beach Resort - too flippin' huge
Deluxe - Boardwalk - clown pool

Value - Pop Century. I'm not a fan of the values and probably will never stay in one again, although I love the themeing of Movies and Art of Animation. I just hated my one night stay the last time I was at Pop and couldn't wait to get out of the room.

Moderate - Coronado. I haven't stayed here, just ate dinner there once, but the themeing is not for me at all.

Deluxe - Poly. I enjoy visiting the hotel and love their restaurants, but hate how its so expensive, but you have to go outside to get to your room. And the inside of those buildings feels like the 70s, was not a fan.

The only value I've stayed in was Pop and I loved it!

My least favorite Mod: Coronado. It's actually the only Disney resort that I've ever truly disliked. I absolutely hated it. I would stay off property before I stayed there again. I didn't even feel like I was in a Disney resort. My room was awful, resort was crazy spread out, didn't like the restaurants, the staff were rude. Just no for me.

I've loved all of the Deluxe resorts - Beach Club is by far our favorite!

Value - All Sate Sports. I just have no interest in the theme.

Moderate- Coronado Springs. I don’t care for the more convention feel at the main building, and I don’t like pepper market. It’s set up differently than all of the other moderate food courts and not run by Disney. I also find the southwest theming, with no lush trees and less shade, just isn’t my thing.

Deluxe- Beach Club. Nothing particularly bad, but just not our favorite. Much preferred the YC for the same amenities and location.

DVC- have only stayed at BCV, so can’t really say.

I would happily stay at the BC or BCV again, they are just my worst of the best in the deluxe category. If I had to I would stay at ASSp or CS, but I do admit I would be looking pretty hard for availability at Pop or AoA LM rooms if I had to do value and found an All star resort was all that showed availability.

Value- haven't stayed in years, but I'd have to say All Star Sports
Mod- CSR pre refurb. The room was dated the food was not good way to big
Deluxe- Poly don't like the Hawaiian theme, the rooms and the whole resort way too 1970's.
DVC- It's a tie between the Poly DVC and SSR.

So sad to see all the AKL hate!

Value - All-Star Sports. I haven't stayed in any of the All-Stars but I hate the theme.
Moderate - Coronado Springs. It's pretty, the rooms are nice, but it's just lacking some magic, somehow.
Deluxe - Of the Deluxes I've stayed at I'd say Contemporary is my least favorite. It's got a lot of perks, but again missing some of that Disney magic.

Value: All Star Sports-Have never stayed here, but I am not interested at all in sports. I stayed in ASMo once, way before the refurb and didn't like it as much as POP, so any value reservations after that have been at POP.

Moderate: CBR :crazy2: We stayed here in 2008 and I literally hated it. The buildings are sooooo spread out and it took forever to get anywhere. I booked POFQ for April and I think part of the appeal of this resort for me is its compact size.

Deluxe: AKL…sorry, @paradesintherain. We stayed here for the first time this past October and it just wasn't for me. Granted, the pool was being refurbished at the time so that might have impacted my score. I just didn't like the darkness and the long hallways or the room decor. The Mara is the worst QS around, far worse than the values QS, and it's sooooo far from the rooms. I also felt we were so far from any of the parks and we even had a car so could drive ourselves. I know some people love it, it's just not for me.

Value - All Star Sports. Though I don't dislike any of them. I just prefer that one the least.

Moderate - Caribbean Beach. Just so big and spread out and I don't like that registration is so far away from everything else, though I understand that might be changing.

Deluxe - Contemporary. Doesn't interest me in the least bit.

DVC - Saratoga Springs. Huge and theme is of no interest.

Great idea for a thread! It is very interesting to see what people want in a hotel/resort.

Value - all of them. Too loud in decor and noise level, and they don't handle the crowds well.
Mod - POFQ. Stayed there a few times. The last 2 stays were horrible and it wasn't the rooms.
Del - Poly. Very dark and customer service was very bad.

YMMV:flower1:

Value...As a DVC member I am spoiled. Like the nicely themed resorts and good locations. Therefore, I don't like any of the values. Stayed at Pop once and it was gaudy theme wise and the bus lines were long and the resort was so spread out and food place crazy packed. So I will not ever stay at a value again. If looking for a cheap add on to my DVC, I'd rather go off site than do a Disney value (or try Swalphin).

Moderate...only stayed at POR and CSR and liked them both just fine. Can't pick least fave.

Deluxe/DVC...stayed at CR only (and LOVED it) but am DVC and have stayed at all the DVC resorts except VGF and my 2 least fave DVC are SSR and OKW (no special theme, too spread out and far from parks). Of the DVC that have deluxe attached (SSR and OKW do not) I'd say Poly was my least fave due to spread out and walls thin (can hear toilets flush above and next door) and can hear doors slam in hallway along with kids running in the hallway...noisiest resort we've stayed at. Plus we are more Epcot people so we prefer BWV and BCV for proximity to Epcot.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter