Least Favorite Disney Resort in Each Category

We've never stayed at Value or Moderate because we were DVC up until this year when we sold our points and did a cash reservation on AP discount at GF. We have an upcoming stay at Coronado Springs and some of your votes are making me question if I should stay there! 😨
Least Favorite Deluxe: Grand Floridian. The rooms are not that great, the bathroom was terrible (multiple maintenance issues, severely outdated) and I did write an email to guest services as well as going to front desk about it for the ridiculous price they charge for that resort.

I’ve stayed at most of the resorts, POR/POFQ being the two that I have yet to stay at. Least favorites are:
Value: ASMu. Noisy and chaotic food court. Unruly kids in the pool. Maybe I caught it at a bad time.​
Moderates: Hard to choose one over the other since I have not stayed at the Port Orleans resorts. Of the two remaining, CBR gets my vote as of today. Skyliner and the proximity to the newest DVC resort could change that.​
Deluxe: Probably not a popular choice since so many here love it but Poly gets my vote. It’s beautiful to visit but the rooms are just so-so and the lack of a guaranteed balcony is a huge negative. I visit it almost every trip but I don’t stay there.​
DVC Resorts: SSR is hands down my least favorite. Too spread out. Looks like a condominium development. Only bus transportation to the parks. Its saving grace is its proximity to DS. But if I only was dining and shopping choices, I’ll stay home and go to the King of Prussia Mall.​

I've stayed at POP, ASMu, AKL, CBR, Contemporary, Poly and Beach Club.

Least favorite value is definitely ASMu. Beat up old rooms, layout is terrible compared to the other values because you have a longer walk "back" to the standard rooms. We were in the furthest out 80's building at POP but we could cut through the parking lot to shorten the walk to buses and the food court. Can't do that at ASMu.

Moderate - can't really vote because only ever stayed at CBR when I was a kid.

Deluxe - AKL by a mile! I get why people would love it, but it was not for me and my wife. Cramped, older rooms and only bus transportation available really killed it for us. We stayed Savannah view club level and even that setup wasn't great. Having to go to the 6th floor lounge after walking forever, then the club level atmosphere there made me feel like I was doing something wrong when I asked for any assistance. We were doing a split stay last October and we moved from there to the Contemporary club level (lake view) and I don't think the juxtaposition could have been any greater. Contemporary was amazing, club level staff were fabulous and super-accommodating (Oh, you're headed to the park? Would you like some extra water bottles?) and having a beer while watching fireworks from the lounge, then moving across the hall to watch the Electrical Water Pageant from our balcony was the best.

Value--Pop. I've stayed at Sports, Music, and Pop and Pop was my least favorite. I didn't care for the food court, and prefer the smaller size of the All Stars.
Moderate--CBR. Out of CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR CBR was the only moderate I wouldn't hurry back to. It is just way to big. If you are not in a preferred room getting to the food court and gift shop is a hassle. And I had roaches in my fridge.:scared:
Deluxe--I've stayed at the Beach Club, Poly, and the Contemporary. I love all of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter