• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

My masks finally arrived from the UPS center in town (9 days late!). We ordered large in both Marvel and Mickey. They are all the same size and are a great fit.

I got my DIS mask today. It's pretty nice and fits well. It came with 2 little rubber things that looked like screws. I figured they were for adjusting the ear loops but wasn't sure how to get them onto the straps. Ended up using a crochet hook. It came with a filter as well. They gave me a code for 15% off the next purchase which I would be happy to pass along if anyone is interested. Can only be used once (by one person) but is good for an order of multiples. I got the "Connecting with Walt" mask that's a kind of dusty purple. I don't think I could wear it all day with the filter in so I'd probably not use the filter at DL. I'll post pics of it and my gaiter scarf. That's my favorite by far.

Attachments

• dis mask.jpg
    dis mask.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 40
  • dis mask me.jpg
    dis mask me.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 40
  • gaiter.jpg
    gaiter.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 38
We received our order of the Pixar mask pack finally. Ordered size small for our kiddos and they are definitely small! Quality is fine on them though.

Tried my Old Navy mask today on an outing to Trader Joe's and to a restaurant. Worked great, very comfortable, easy to wear. It is a bit large for me (in length and the ear loops), but since I hook the ear loops over enamel pins on my hat, the mask fits fine. So far, for fit, quality, washability, and price, Old Navy gets high marks.
ETA: DH tried an Old Navy mask today for work, not knowing what brand of mask it was. His unbiased opinion is that the mask was comfortable and fit well.

Tried my Old Navy mask today on an outing to Trader Joe's and to a restaurant. Worked great, very comfortable, easy to wear. It is a bit large for me (in length and the ear loops), but since I hook the ear loops over enamel pins on my hat, the mask fits fine. So far, for fit, quality, washability, and price, Old Navy gets high marks.

Totally agree about the Old Navy masks. I just ordered 20 more. They are definitely the best in the high temperatures I live in. Very easy to breathe while wearing. Some masks made me feel like I was suffocating in the 100+ temps. My family all agree we could never wear a gaiter -- all that material around our neck just would not work. And apparently scarves are not sufficient.

ShopDisney added another size to their masks - extra large. It's available for each of the six designs, and it's the same cost for a set of four masks ($19.99). The available date of the extra large sizes is currently showing 8/26, so you can expect to receive them in early to mid September.

If you buy today and pay with a Disney Visa card, you can use code DVCC25 and get 25% off, a savings of $5.

Here's the updated sizing guide:

ShopDisney added another size to their masks - extra large. It's available for each of the six designs, and it's the same cost for a set of four masks ($19.99). The available date of the extra large sizes is currently showing 8/26, so you can expect to receive them in early to mid September.

If you buy today and pay with a Disney Visa card, you can use code DVCC25 and get 25% off, a savings of $5.

Here's the updated sizing guide:
View attachment 506860
Interesting! Well, if this is accurate, the mediums I purchased should still fit my 5-year-old. I just re-measured him and he is 4" on A and 6" on B, except I couldn't tell whether "back of the ear" meant where the loop will go or the outer edge of the ear. If it means where the loop will go, then he's probably a 5 3/4". It's nice to see that Disney made adjustments, but a bummer for those who purchased masks that don't fit.

Last edited:
Just got our first mask order. The mediums don't fit me, and the large masks ear loops didn't even reach the front of my husband's ears. Guess I gotta call and see what they will do for us. Stupidly, we ordered a second set later the first day when the Pixar masks showed availability again, & we haven't gotten that order yet...🤦‍♀️

Just got our first mask order. The mediums don't fit me, and the large masks ear loops didn't even reach the front of my husband's ears. Guess I gotta call and see what they will do for us. Stupidly, we ordered a second set later the first day when the Pixar masks showed availability again, & we haven't gotten that order yet...🤦‍♀️
I'm sorry your masks don't fit.

How did Disney mess this up so badly?! They've seen heads before, yes?

I just had a thought. I understand that Disney is replacing masks that don't fit and asking customers to donate the too-small ones. For those looking to donate their masks, you might consider calling your local school district to see whether they would be interested in accepting the masks to distribute to kids in need. It looks like medium will fit my kindergartener, though he has a giant head. But the smalls might work for younger kids, and the mediums and larges for most middle and later elementary grade kids.

Our school superintendent was saying recently that masks will be required this year, but the school is trying to figure out how to get masks in the hands of kids whose families can't afford to buy a bunch of them. With how much money schools have lost this year, the school can't afford to supply them either.

I just had a thought. I understand that Disney is replacing masks that don't fit and asking customers to donate the too-small ones. For those looking to donate their masks, you might consider calling your local school district to see whether they would be interested in accepting the masks to distribute to kids in need. It looks like medium will fit my kindergartener, though he has a giant head. But the smalls might work for younger kids, and the mediums and larges for most middle and later elementary grade kids.

Our school superintendent was saying recently that masks will be required this year, but the school is trying to figure out how to get masks in the hands of kids whose families can't afford to buy a bunch of them. With how much money schools have lost this year, the school can't afford to supply them either.
Great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter