Let's Go Mets!

Question for all you Mets fans. I want to get my husband tickets for a Mets game for Father's Day. Any summer home game would work. But I have no clue about baseball and don't know which teams would be the better ones to watch them play against. Any advice? Also, has anyone used VIVIDSEATS for tickets? There are five of us and I'm not looking to spend $300. Thanks!

Question for all you Mets fans. I want to get my husband tickets for a Mets game for Father's Day. Any summer home game would work. But I have no clue about baseball and don't know which teams would be the better ones to watch them play against. Any advice? Also, has anyone used VIVIDSEATS for tickets? There are five of us and I'm not looking to spend $300. Thanks!

I never used them; I usually buy my tickets directly from the Mets. I know StubHub is an official re-seller of tickets.

As to the game to pick, it depends on what you want to see. Their big rivals now are the Washington Nationals, and those games are usually good. The Cubs are a great team this year too, and the Mets beat them in the NLCS last year, so the Cubs would be looking for payback. The Atlanta Braves used to be a big rival, but they aren't the same caliber of team any more, and the rivalry isn't what it used to be.

As to interleague games, they will be playing the KC Royals, who beat them in the World Series last year, the Twins (who aren't very good this year) are coming to CitiField in the middle of September, and of course, they have two games with the Yankees - but I would imagine those are very expensive and hard to get.

If you're looking for promo days, each Friday home game is Free Shirt Friday. The shirts are okay, but I find they are kinda small, so I never go for those days. Many weekend games have some sort of promo, but they are usually for the first 15,000 or so that attend. Some give aways are for kids only, or men only (like on Father's Day) so check before you buy.

They have post game fireworks on July 2 and Sept. 3. They also have a few post game concerts too - Andy Grammar next Saturday, and Styx on Aug. 13.

They are honoring Hall of Famer Mike Piazza the weekend of July 29-31. They are giving away a MP shirt on Friday, retiring his number on Saturday, and giving away a bobblehead on Sunday.

Remember too that the Mets use a flexible pricing structure. For instance, those weekend give away games are more expensive than a Tuesday night game. And a game against the Yankees or Cubs (even if a weekday) are more expensive than games against the Braves. I'd check the Mets official site and then go to the other site so you know if you're getting a bargain or not.

Good luck!

I never used them; I usually buy my tickets directly from the Mets. I know StubHub is an official re-seller of tickets.

As to the game to pick, it depends on what you want to see. Their big rivals now are the Washington Nationals, and those games are usually good. The Cubs are a great team this year too, and the Mets beat them in the NLCS last year, so the Cubs would be looking for payback. The Atlanta Braves used to be a big rival, but they aren't the same caliber of team any more, and the rivalry isn't what it used to be.

As to interleague games, they will be playing the KC Royals, who beat them in the World Series last year, the Twins (who aren't very good this year) are coming to CitiField in the middle of September, and of course, they have two games with the Yankees - but I would imagine those are very expensive and hard to get.

If you're looking for promo days, each Friday home game is Free Shirt Friday. The shirts are okay, but I find they are kinda small, so I never go for those days. Many weekend games have some sort of promo, but they are usually for the first 15,000 or so that attend. Some give aways are for kids only, or men only (like on Father's Day) so check before you buy.

They have post game fireworks on July 2 and Sept. 3. They also have a few post game concerts too - Andy Grammar next Saturday, and Styx on Aug. 13.

They are honoring Hall of Famer Mike Piazza the weekend of July 29-31. They are giving away a MP shirt on Friday, retiring his number on Saturday, and giving away a bobblehead on Sunday.

Remember too that the Mets use a flexible pricing structure. For instance, those weekend give away games are more expensive than a Tuesday night game. And a game against the Yankees or Cubs (even if a weekday) are more expensive than games against the Braves. I'd check the Mets official site and then go to the other site so you know if you're getting a bargain or not.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! It won't be as fun as planning for a Disney trip, but I'm on it now!:goodvibes

So excited! My friend and her husband were given 4 tickets to Tuesday night's game and asked my husband and I to join them. We get to see Thor pitch against the Royals! Practically a world series game. haha

This is also our first time going to Citifield. We are beyond exited!

I would only buy seats off the mets website there are a lot of fake tickets out there. you can sit in the upper deck for $30.00 per person. Games against the good teams will sell fast. Since you have a big family eat before you go food is crazy high. We are Yankees fans and a family of five and we spend close to a grand for a day at the ballpark. I got my husband and son a mini plan for Christmas and they go to their last game next week.

So excited! My friend and her husband were given 4 tickets to Tuesday night's game and asked my husband and I to join them. We get to see Thor pitch against the Royals! Practically a world series game. haha

Is this your first ever game or have you been before. If this is your first time eat before you go food is high and so is the beer.

So cool! I think someday he will pitch a no hitter - I just hope he's still a Met when he does!

I went to a game on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, when Thor was pitching. He threw kinda close to a batter, and got thrown out of the game after throwing about 34 pitches! Oh well, you can never tell what will happen.

Citifield is really great - as much as I loved Shea Stadium, it was showing it's age. CF is just so much nicer. And yeah, the food is expensive, but some of it is worth it. I wouldn't buy a Nathan's hot dog there but the line at Shake Shack is worth it. There's also a great fish stand not too far from Shake Shack that I love, and the sausage and pepper heroes are pretty good and reasonably priced. But they don't stop you from bringing food in - but they do not allow canned beverages. They do allow 1 unopened water bottle - it can't be frozen - and a juice box - again not frozen - for kids. So if I decide to, I'll bring a sandwich and buy a drink.

Last edited:
So cool! I think someday he will pitch a no hitter - I just hope he's still a Met when he does!

I went to a game on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, when Thor was pitching. He threw kinda close to a batter, and got thrown out of the game after throwing about 34 pitches! Oh well, you can never tell what will happen.
that is what is fun about baseball it is different every time you watch

I would only buy seats off the mets website there are a lot of fake tickets out there. you can sit in the upper deck for $30.00 per person. Games against the good teams will sell fast. Since you have a big family eat before you go food is crazy high. We are Yankees fans and a family of five and we spend close to a grand for a day at the ballpark. I got my husband and son a mini plan for Christmas and they go to their last game next week.
Thanks for the advice! I bought the tickets directly off of the website. I didn't want to chance it. Instead of being able to choose a game because of who they're playing, I just had to go with when we don't have something on the calendar! Between lacrosse tournaments, soccer practices, lacrosse practices, my dh's coaching schedule, our Disney vacation, and various other birthdays, anniversaries, etc, we weren't left with many days to choose from. We'll be going to one of the Mets/Cardinals games in July. Like I said, I just couldn't make most of the other games work. I think DH will be happy. He really just wants the experience of watching the game at the ball field. I told the kids that their Father's Day gift to him will be NOT complaining about how long the game is. :goodvibes We run on lacrosse time around here!

Thanks for the advice! I bought the tickets directly off of the website. I didn't want to chance it. Instead of being able to choose a game because of who they're playing, I just had to go with when we don't have something on the calendar! Between lacrosse tournaments, soccer practices, lacrosse practices, my dh's coaching schedule, our Disney vacation, and various other birthdays, anniversaries, etc, we weren't left with many days to choose from. We'll be going to one of the Mets/Cardinals games in July. Like I said, I just couldn't make most of the other games work. I think DH will be happy. He really just wants the experience of watching the game at the ball field. I told the kids that their Father's Day gift to him will be NOT complaining about how long the game is. :goodvibes We run on lacrosse time around here!
a game can run close to four hours or as short as two hours. Have the kids bring a book or their ds if they are not into baseball.

It should be good. If the kids get bored, let them roam a bit (depending on how old they are). There is lots to see - they have a "Mets Hall of Fame" exhibit near the main entrance (the Jackie Robinson rotunda) and there are plenty of stores to browse in. Plus if they're younger they have neat area out near the Shake Shack where kids can play.

I hope they win! I'm still trying to figure out when I'm going next. I have to go on a weekend since I can't miss work and I have a few family things this summer.

I gave DH his gift of tickets tonight. He was thrilled. And it's a good thing I didn't go with one of my original options-the Marlins. He mentioned offhand that the few times he's been to games, it's always ended up being against the Marlins and he was so happy that it was a different team! :laughing:
The kids are DD-14 and boy/girl twins-11. They'll have their iPhone/iPods with them so if they get bored, they can use those.
Thanks again!

I gave DH his gift of tickets tonight. He was thrilled. And it's a good thing I didn't go with one of my original options-the Marlins. He mentioned offhand that the few times he's been to games, it's always ended up being against the Marlins and he was so happy that it was a different team! :laughing:
The kids are DD-14 and boy/girl twins-11. They'll have their iPhone/iPods with them so if they get bored, they can use those.
Thanks again!

Awesome! I'm glad he was happy with the game you picked. I hope they win! You'll have to come back and let us know what you thought.

And the kids should be okay with their phones. There is free wi-fi in the stadium now too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter