Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Krieger’s have bigger problems than that. They misquoted Yvonne Chang in writing and video as saying “association” and then stuck to their guns when told it was “resort” not knowing a proxy war was brewing. How many people voted their proxy for Peltz because they falsely believed it was a done deal that Poly Tower is free from restrictions, therefore reducing the incentive to buy direct from Disney, costing shareholders. This is the danger of failing to consider the opinions of others.
Is this based on anything in Peltz’s public statement or proxy materials? It’s hard to believe anybody (other than a handful of people active on this thread) voted for Peltz because Poly Tower probably won’t have restrictions. 🤨

It’s such small potatoes compared with the rest of the $DIS Empire — beyond that, I could imagine sophisticated DVC owners might be willing to pay more direct for unrestricted resale points.

I would guess the number is close to zero, or might as well be given the number of shares in trading.

Resale restrictions have a marginal impact on a marginal business unit of the Disney Corporation. They don't even split it out as a separate business unit in financial statements. I've read dozens of articles about the shareholder vote, and not a single one has mentioned it as even a minor factor of contention.
Thank you, that was my guess but I’ve only read a few articles and didn’t want to assume.

I would guess the number is close to zero, or might as well be given the number of shares in trading.

Resale restrictions have a marginal impact on a marginal business unit of the Disney Corporation. They don't even split it out as a separate business unit in financial statements. I've read dozens of articles about the shareholder vote, and not a single one has mentioned it as even a minor factor of contention.

Individual people can of course get a bee in their bonnet and vote however they want, but in terms of the vast majority of shares held by institutional investors, this is an absolute non-factor. It's not totally irrelevant to the overall business, but it's effectively a rounding error.
To the overall business, I agree it’s probably irrelevant. To this discussion, I think it illustrates perfectly that no one person here holds an opinion so valuable that it precludes everyone else from having a voice.

To the overall business, I agree it’s probably irrelevant. To this discussion, I think it illustrates perfectly that no one person here holds an opinion so valuable that it precludes everyone else from having a voice.
Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and some of those people with opinions will vote is idiosyncratic ways.

But the vast majority of shares are held by big institutional investors or by that overwhelming majority of people who have never heard of Paul Krieger. It's silly to think that tactical decisions like this are determined by the proxy vote, or will have a meaningful impact on the outcome.

Are we still doing this thing where everyone believes the irresponsible speculation about the trust being a "new product"?

The trust is not a thing. The trust is a legal anomaly that Disney needed in order to be able to sell deeded real estate interest in the FW trailers which are not, themselves, real estate. That's it. That's the end of it. There's no new product. Nothing else is going into the trust unless Disney decides to sell more trailers.
And, have you gotten that directly from Disney? There is too much info out there and the actual Trust POS for the Cabins Resort Use plan (beyond what we found in the actual documents online) to say that for sure.

Plus, they have a job adverstised about DVC and it talks about the opportunity to help transition into "DVC 2.0". So, no, nothing yet confirms this trust set up was only for CFW and even guides are not saying that when they are answering questions. If this was just a techincality for the product, guides would be pointing that out and saying "No, this had to be done because of the nature of it." And, they are not.

If you have something from DVD that says otherwise, please share...but until they come out and say that, or nothing ever goes in it, there is always a chance that this product will be used in the future. It is ready to go, when and if they need it to.

Last edited:
Are we still doing this thing where everyone believes the irresponsible speculation about the trust being a "new product"?

The trust is not a thing. The trust is a legal anomaly that Disney needed in order to be able to sell deeded real estate interest in the FW trailers which are not, themselves, real estate. That's it. That's the end of it. There's no new product. Nothing else is going into the trust unless Disney decides to sell more trailers.
I agreed with your thoughts until the DVC job postings with descriptions that mention "DVC 2.0". That and the confusion around Poly tower make me think a trust product is possible.

My guess to why they have not added RiV or VDH is so they don’t have proms units at the same property sold differently. I think it is easier to just sell those out as leasehold condominiums and not have two different products at the same resort.

Poly tower is different because PVB is sold out so they could transition with that I think easily since that is all they would be selling.

I am just still having a hard time believing that they are giving up the opportunity to add restrictions to Poly tower and anything else that comes with keeping resale out.

Disney has voiced and even used slides indicating the tower is part of the Polynesian resort for approximately 2 years.

However, I know you meant association.

I can't wait to make guides look uninformed when they use the word resort. :duck:

Disney has voiced and even used slides indicating the tower is part of the Polynesian resort for approximately 2 years.

However, I know you meant association.

I can't wait to make guides look uninformed when they use the word resort. :duck:

I was talking about why they wouldn’t switch gears with RIv and VDH since those units are in the same building that is currently being sold and has not been sold out.

So, adding to the trust some of RIV and VDH would mean switching gears mid stream.

PVB long houses and cabins are sold out and the tower is a brand new building.

So, technically, those could be sold differently even if part of the same resort,

Just to add some confirmed info I recieved. . The CFW cabins will not be trailers and will not have wheels.

They will be partially prefabbed offsite but put directly on the pad and set up that way. They will be attached.

They are not the same as the old ones which did have wheels.

Also, as of today, they can no longer sell anymore PVB points and can’t sell until the tower units are for sale. They have no further information regarding dates or anything.

So, waiting like the rest of us.

Just to add some confirmed info I recieved. . The CFW cabins will not be trailers and will not have wheels.

They will be partially prefabbed offsite but put directly on the pad and set up that way. They will be attached.

Also, as of today, they can no longer sell anymore PVB points and can’t sell until the tower units are for sale. They have no further information regarding dates or anything.

I hit “watch” thread … wake me up if something exciting happens 👍

Indeed. Occam’s Razor. The speculation about a monstrously complicated multi-resort “DVC 2.0” with 7, 8, 9 and 11 month booking windows was just head-scratching. And sure enough, when CFW came along, it was duly marketed in the standard way, with the usual 7 and 11 month windows, the “trust” just being something that many have persuasively argued is needed because of the nature of the cabins.

In my conversations with some DVC people, it is not marketed the same way. It is made clear it’s different but right now, it has the same booking window as current properties.

So, the implication is that owners with interest in the cabin trust use plans will have those same rules, but they certainly don’t say the trust was done simply for cabins.

I am going next week and will ask guides again to see what answers come out this time.

This is very interesting, them stopping the sale of PVB points.

In my conversations with some DVC people, it is not marketed the same way. It is made clear it’s different but right now, it has the same booking window as current properties.

So, the implication is that owners with interest in the cabin trust use plans will have those same rules, but they certainly don’t say the trust was done simply for cabins.

I am going next week and will ask guides again to see what answers come out this time.
We just got off a Disney cruise and I can also confirm the DVC guides told me they can no longer sell PVB

The Krieger’s have bigger problems than that. They misquoted Yvonne Chang in writing and video as saying “association” and then stuck to their guns when told it was “resort”...
That's the part that continues to surprise me when I repeatedly read folks say she said "same association" when she said "same resort." Maybe it turns out she meant association, but she didn't say it and that could be a big difference as a misquote. Hopefully we find out soon though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter