Life’s too short...to never sleep in a treehouse! 8/27 TR is up! Link in siggie

Love your binder pages!! So cute!:goodvibes

I can't believe you only have 1 more sleep!!:cheer2: I'm so excited for you!!!:yay:

me too!

Although Jeff just emailed me to say that the "real feel" in Orlando on Wed is supposed to be 105 degrees!

:scared1:

Just in case I miss you before you leave

Have a safe and wonderful vacation and we can't wait to read all about it!!! I figure your YC check-in process should be a whole update itself!!!!:lmao:

Just in case I miss you before you leave

Have a safe and wonderful vacation and we can't wait to read all about it!!! I figure your YC check-in process should be a whole update itself!!!!:lmao:

:rotfl2: So true, so true!

Sandie emailed me last night saying she was going to call the YC to make the room request and we are like ARRGH! We already have, it doesn't mean we will GET it. Plus our TA will call again 3 days before check in to reiterate.

lol.

Have a great trip!!
:cool1::banana::yay::cool1::banana::yay:

Thanks! I plan to!:thumbsup2

Counting down the hours to my facial tonight!

After Surfin’ with Mickey we headed up to the Pool. It was breezy but not too bad and certainly an improvement over the rain the previous day. It was also completely deserted!

Jeff decided he wanted in on the action. The Eric tossing action that is.

IMG_4974.jpg

Longingly, the kids kept looking over here. Would it open?

IMG_4977.jpg

Finally, people in red! Not that warm, see how bundled up they are?

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

I don’t know about this…

IMG_4984.jpg

Hey, not so bad!

IMG_4986.jpg

Here comes Evan!

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

All in all, a successful stop! Out of time and full of slides we headed back to the room, showered, changed, packed up and, sigh, checked out.

First we had to say bye to Goofy. See you in Florida!

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

We rolled our stuff out to the car and headed over to DTD. Gotta love it, the whole process of checking out, bags in car, walk to DTD took maybe….15 minutes.

Eric didn’t want to leave Fred in the car, so he came along

IMG_4996.jpg

Originally we had hoped to see Oceans that day at the DTD theater. Wouldn’t you know it, opening day was the day after we left!

So that left….shopping! Which was good as we hadn’t done much at all so far in the trip.

First stop. World of Disney! Evan wanted to check out their fedoras before making his final decision. These don’t exactly look like fedoras, do they?

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

I loved these vintage shirts, but since we didn't actually go to the MK, I couldn't get one.

IMG_5000.jpg

And was tempted by these
IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_5010.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

But ended up with this. Which is far cuter on than it is hanging there!

IMG_5005.jpg

Continued in next post

We headed back to DStreet where Evan had hid the fedora he’d found on the first night at the bottom of the stack. Lucky boy, it was still there! Lucky mama, it was on sale!
Then it was straight to Charters. Jeff’s dream store. Jeff found a shirt he couldn’t live without.

IMG_5020.jpg

I can’t imagine why

IMG_5021.jpg

And even a hat for me!

IMG_5022.jpg

Worn out from shopping, we decided lunch was in order. I had truly not planned a lunch, assuming we’d be too full from brunch. But this was really “linner” as the kids call it, a late lunch/early dinner, given our 6:45 flight time.

So off to Tortilla Jo's we went!

This was completely a spur of the moment choice. We looked at HOB, having eaten at the one in FL and liked it but this just appealed more at the moment.

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

YUM! I had blackened fish tacos that were YUMMY and the margarita was awfully tasty too!

Pan-Seared Coastal Fish Tacos - Two tacos made with Mahi
Mahi fish basted with chipolte lime-glaze. Topped with corn and cabbage slaw and served with black beans and Mexican rice. $16.95
No clue what everyone else had but I do know we all liked it quite a bit.

Mission complete, we decided poor Fred needed some clothes.

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

Having lucked out and found his hat on sale, Evan actually still had some money left and he KNEW what he wanted. So back to the World of Disney we went.

IMG_5029.jpg

Mama the sucker caved when Eric mentioned he hadn’t gotten anything for him (the clothes were for Fred lol) and because it was a special 55th anniversary hat…I was easily swayed.

IMG_5028.jpg

And of course I needed something for my car

IMG_5033.jpg

As well as the original souvie I’d planned long before we left.

dl_mug.jpg

The hat has since fallen apart and is ready to be shipped back to California, they say they will replace it. I meant to get it mailed in time to get back for the trip but obviously that hasn’t happened!

I use the mug quite a bit but to be honest it is a little bit on the too big side and my coffee gets cold. I like a substantial mug but it’s rather huge!

I had a few stops of my own to make

Basin

IMG_5030.jpg

Vault 28

db72c81a.jpg

Now here is the crazy thing. All along I’d been dreaming of D Street as being my souvie junkie spot. Not so. It was Vault 28. There were SOOOOOO many things I loved in there!

And yet, what I bought, one of my favorite souvies ever, I don’t even have a picture of! And it’s already packed to go to Florida so….you’ll just have to wait to see it in the next TR!

But just imagine this. Every time I wear it (which is quite a bit) Evan bursts into song, singing “Sparkly Pants!”

And so, with that, it was time to go home. The trip back was a bit stressful, we cut it REALLY close, which was absolutely fine (Jeff was right) but I was stressed. I think Jeff got through security right as we were boarding after returning the car.

Did they have a good time?

57e2e1d5.jpg

94448112.jpg

I think so.

The real question is, what happened to that pie?
I will TRY to do a quick DCA recap before we go. NO promises though. If not, I will when I return as some of our learnings on the surprise spring break trip were definitely factored in for this one!

I have double-checked everything with the Wilderness Lodge and they are ready for you. I notified them of your arrival time on Wednesday and requested an early check-in. They agreed to try to have your rooms ready but obviously can't make any promises that early in the morning. There should be a little something waiting for Kendall and Eric when you get there. (Please let me know if there isn't!) Too - they agreed to upgrade your rooms to a higher floor with a Lake View. If you would prefer them not to (I know you made specific requests about the direction your rooms face and the floor and they do have that information as it was stated on your reservation), just let them know and they should be able to accommodate.

Whoo hoo lake view! We paid for woods, I'm all over higher floor lake view. ALL over it!

also, if there is anyone who wants to follow the trip on FB that isn't already, feel free to PM me :goodvibes

Lots to comment on!

Love Evan's hat (I used to "hide" stuff at the bottom or back of racks too, when I was a kid. :rotfl2:). Woot for being on sale.

I like Jeff's shirt, although I couldn't pull off that look. It's not me.

You look great in your hat. I can't believe it is falling apart already!

I'm looking forward to the next TR when we get to see the "sparkly pants"!

And :cool1: for getting Lake View!!!

and...
Have a great trip!

Lots to comment on!

Love Evan's hat (I used to "hide" stuff at the bottom or back of racks too, when I was a kid. :rotfl2:). Woot for being on sale.

I like Jeff's shirt, although I couldn't pull off that look. It's not me.

You look great in your hat. I can't believe it is falling apart already!

I'm looking forward to the next TR when we get to see the "sparkly pants"!

And :cool1: for getting Lake View!!!

and...
Have a great trip!

Oh my hat is fine, perfect actually! I :love: my hat and wear it all the time, you will see a lot of it in the FL TR I am sure. It was a steal and more than one girlfriend has tried to buy it off of me. :rotfl: It's Eric's new DL 55th anniversary embroidered hat that fell apart, the brim separated from the body of the hat!

Which I have never ever seen happen on a baseball hat before. It's never even been washed. Worn a lot but not abused.

Evan's hat was clearance priced, a total steal. I guess that's what happens when you have one far too small for adults, in the adult trendy store. :thumbsup2 It was one of maybe 2 that even fit out of the zillion he tried on. He lives in that hat.

Sparkly pants :rolleyes1

Hurray for the slide being open for the boys!

In my opinion, shopping at Downtown Disney is a great way to end your trip! Looks like everyone, including Fred, made out like bandits!!! :thumbsup2

So, do you leave tomorrow night on the red eye?

Hurray for the slide being open for the boys!

In my opinion, shopping at Downtown Disney is a great way to end your trip! Looks like everyone, including Fred, made out like bandits!!! :thumbsup2

So, do you leave tomorrow night on the red eye?

Yes, even Fred did well. Poor thing though, he did not make the cut to go to FL.

I actually think Jeff may have spent the most, that's the really funny part.

Yep, red eye tomorrow!!

:cool1:

And was tempted by these
IMG_5002.jpg

Hey! I have that sweatshirt! I never would have picked it out myself - it doesn't seem to be my taste - but a friend gave it to me & I love it!! I wore it a lot this past spring. It didn't join us at Disney - I don't think I had it by then... and actually I'm not sure I wore any sweatshirts on our trip last time.

Yay for the room upgrade!! :banana:

I love Evan's fedora!
Congrats on the lake view at the WL!!!

Have a wonderful trip!!! Enjoy every minute :goodvibes
Looking forward to the TR when you return.

Hey! I have that sweatshirt! I never would have picked it out myself - it doesn't seem to be my taste - but a friend gave it to me & I love it!! I wore it a lot this past spring. It didn't join us at Disney - I don't think I had it by then... and actually I'm not sure I wore any sweatshirts on our trip last time.

Yay for the room upgrade!! :banana:

It's a really cute sweatshirt! I kind of wish I would have bought it. Not planning on bringing any on this trip that's for sure!

I love Evan's fedora!
Congrats on the lake view at the WL!!!

Have a wonderful trip!!! Enjoy every minute :goodvibes
Looking forward to the TR when you return.

Ah, a boy and his fedora. :rotfl:

I am curious to see if it's really a lake view or a water view in that booking code. That code could be waterfall, pool(courtyard) or lake. It will be interesting. I have mixed feelings about the use of a TA so this will be interesting. Love her to death, trying to help her out but honestly many times I feel like I know more....

still....big kahuna....

Wow, you really managed to get this DCA TR finished before you leave! It sounds like a great last day to that trip with all the shopping! :thumbsup2

I had no idea that a fedora was a hat. For some reason, I got it mixed up with a feather boa and was wondering all the time, why Evan would want a feather boa and wether this was the new hip thing for kids in the US??? :confused3 :lmao:

Have a wonderful trip! I hope the weather is managable, your travel companions don't create chaos and you have many magical moments! I will be looking forward to your TR! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter