Lightspeed ahead to a healthier you! April 2016 WISH challenge... all are welcome!

PROGRESS REPORT for the weekend of April 22 - 23, 2016

Oneanne - 25%

CruisingKate - 50%

iheartdisney44 - 50%

PoohBelle - 50%

4Mickeys - 55.8%

Flossbolna - 60%

mamattorney - 67%

dsnyfn1022 - 75%

HappyGrape - 75%

courtneybeth - 80%

Dr Gunnie - 88%

DisPup75 - 90%

piglet 1979 - 108%

Great numbers here!! WTG! I changed it up just a bit and put it in progress order instead of alphabetical order.... hope that is okay!.....P
Ha ha, no wonder I made top of the list with so little progress this month!

Good morning all and welcome to your QOTD for Tuesday, April 26, 2016:

I really loved the responses to this style QOTD last week.... so I claim the right for a repeat (even thought it is totally not SW related)!!

sci-Fi film or chick flick... Historical drama with great costuming

sunglasses or hat... Hat, my glasses have the Transition lenses so never need separate sunglasses

oatmeal or eggs... Oatmeal, preferably in cookie form :)

swim or hike... Hike, I'm Aqua-phobic about putting my head under water

Anakin or Luke... Luke

Facebook or Pinterest... Currently most addicted to Instagram

chicken or fish... Fish, particularly wild salmon

walking or weight training... Walking

rock or rap... Country

Mickey or Donald... Tink and Chip are my favs, but between these two The Donald

romantic or realist... Romantic

museum day or hiking day... Can I hike to the museum?

organized or clutter bug... Clutter bug

traditional or modern... I'm kind of an upcycle, rusty junk kind of gal

dancer or singer (i.e..... if I were to watch a hidden camera of your house, would I be more likely to find you dancing alone or singing at the top of your lungs??)... You'd most likely find me either sitting on the couch or walking in place to get my steps in.

white potato or sweet potato... Sweet

Coke or Pepsi... Rootbeer

car or truck... I seem to be quite contrary today, not quite fitting the choices. I'm a large hatchback/ small SUV.

Hey guys! I was planning to be back to chatting today (I even put it on my to-do list), but as seems to be the pattern this month, I'm way behind schedule, so I'm just going to answer the QOTD:

sci-Fi film or chick flick

Chick Flick ... although I read a lot of sci-fi. I just never really got into sci-fi movies.

sunglasses or hat

Sunglasses.
Which is a relatively recent development ... as a kid it was unusual to see me (outside of school hours at least) without my backwards baseball cap.

oatmeal or eggs

Hmm... oatmeal in the winter, eggs year-round

swim or hike

Swim, but I don't really do it much

Anakin or Luke

This is going to be an unpopular answer ... Anakin in Episode I

Facebook or Pinterest

This is tough ... I use FB more, but I don't like it. I also never really got into Pinterest. So neither.

chicken or fish

Fish.

walking or weight training

Walking.

rock or rap

Rock.
But I do listen to rap sometimes.

Mickey or Donald

Mickey (but Donald's pretty cool too)

romantic or realist

Kinda both

museum day or hiking day

Museum day for sure. I love museums. Especially art museums.

organized or clutter bug

A little of both - I call it organized chaos.

traditional or modern

A little of both

dancer or singer (i.e..... if I were to watch a hidden camera of your house, would I be more likely to find you dancing alone or singing at the top of your lungs??)

Dancer.
Mostly because I don't sing, I lip sync. Lip syncing I do pretty much at all times.

white potato or sweet potato

Sweet potato ... but white potatoes are okay too.

Coke or Pepsi

Neither.

car or truck

Also neither ... I don't drive.

So ... those are my answers to the QOTD. Hopefully I'll have some time to actually read through and chat soon!

sci-Fi film or chick flick - chick flick

sunglasses or hat - neither! I have glasses and I'm too lazy/poor/would rather buy tattoos than have prescription sunglasses

oatmeal or eggs - oatmeal

swim or hike - ....laying on the couch? Lol

Anakin or Luke - ANAKIN <3

Facebook or Pinterest - Pinterest

chicken or fish - chicken

walking or weight training - weight training

rock or rap - neither...but if I had to choose it would be rock

Mickey or Donald - Mickey

romantic or realist - romantic

museum day or hiking day - museum day

organized or clutter bug - clutter bug

traditional or modern - modern

dancer or singer (i.e..... if I were to watch a hidden camera of your house, would I be more likely to find you dancing alone or singing at the top of your lungs??) - singing!!

white potato or sweet potato - white potato

Coke or Pepsi - pepsi

car or truck - car

sci-Fi film or chick flick - Sci Fi Film

sunglasses or hat -- Both:)

oatmeal or eggs -- Eggs

swim or hike -- Hike, but barely.

Anakin or Luke -- Luke

Facebook or Pinterest -- Both

chicken or fish -- Both

walking or weight training -- Weight Training

rock or rap -- Rock

Mickey or Donald -- Mickey

romantic or realist -- Romantic

museum day or hiking day -- Tough one. Winter/Sping - Museum, Summer/Fall - Hiking

organized or clutter bug -- Mostly organized

traditional or modern -- A little of both

dancer or singer (i.e..... if I were to watch a hidden camera of your house, would I be more likely to find you dancing alone or singing at the top of your lungs??)
-- Probably neither

white potato or sweet potato -- Sweet potato

Coke or Pepsi -- Neither

car or truck -- Car

up to when do we have for the last check in? I am really trying hard and I am so close!!! I am hopeful to make it

up to when do we have for the last check in? I am really trying hard and I am so close!!! I am hopeful to make it

I always report my weight of the first day of the next month as my last check in weight. I want to end and start the month with the same weight. So far no host every complained about this being too late. So, you have until Sunday to make it count! Good luck!!

Hey friends..... to answer Happy Grape and anyone else who may be wondering, I will take weigh-ins/progress reports until SUNDAY morning. I will get the final results posted by SUNDAY NIGHT at the latest (since Sunday is May 1)...............P

Good morning and welcome to one of my FAVORITE days of the week!

wooho.jpg

Share something that made you say "WOOHOO" in the past 7 days!!.....................P

Share something that made you say "WOOHOO" in the past 7 days!!.....................P

I feel great! I feel finally something clicked and I feel happy with my diet & exercise and attitude. We have a holiday in July to all inclusive theme park in Spain. Not sure if All Inclusive is popular in US (I think not) but it's all you can eat & drink in the hotel including alcohol and also one meal a day in the theme park. Usually I will be freaking out about what if I eat too much! I am not remotely concerned, I am well able to make reasonable food choices and stay on track :)

My woohoo for this week. It has not been a great week. I was sick over the weekend and I weighed myself this morning and gained 1.6 pounds. I am sure most of that is from having Chipolte for lunch. I also think that some could be coming from the new pills the doctor put me on on Monday to help fix the issue I had at the beginning of the month. The next few days I will really watch what I eat and will have good works. I am hoping that by Friday I ill be back down.

I guess my big WooHoo for this week is that at work we just finished selecting close to 400 students for a scholarship. It is really the best part of my job.

Woohoo's

- I've had a pretty good week weight wise - I've lost 5 lbs since last Thursday. I'm 1/2 pound away from my goal for April.

- This past weekend I ran 3.1 miles on both Friday and Sunday - both under 40:00 (my goal I set for my first 5k on May 7th).

- Only 17 school days left in the year. I'll be out for two of them and one is a field trip day, so really just 14 regular school days left for me. Summer is so close!

Woohoo Wednesday!

So last night I bit the bullet and did something that I never thought I'd do...I got all my hair cut off! For those of you who follow along on IG I'll probably post a picture today. It's an adjustment for sure but it's really cute. This is a woohoo because before losing weight I would have never left my face so "vulnerable". But I've been toying with this idea for a while so last night I decided to go for it.

Woohoo Wednesday...

Friends. I have a totally hugely major woohoo.... I GOT INTO MY GRAPHIC DESIGN PROGRAM. NEW YORK CITY HERE I COME!!!!! :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Sorry for the large text and excessive use of the dancin' dudes. I pretty much am unable to contain my excitement. Found out last night. And now I need to tell my work. My boss left for a month-long trip last night so it looks like I'm going to have to tell him over the phone. Ugh wish me luck on that one :dance3:

Wahoo Wednesday... This has been a tough, very high point week so far and it is showing on the scale, but this morning I was down a little bit which is good, even tho it is still up from where I started the week.

I have been so sore from gardening that I was starting to think I may have actually injured some muscles and was concerned about Pilates last night. But I was able to do everything and by the end of class wasn't even sore any longer. I am stiffer this morning, but definitely on the mend, so wahoo!

My ME luggage tag came a couple days ago :)! The past few trips I've forgotten to put in my flights and had to retrieve my own bag, no big deal but it'll be an extra treat to not have to wrestle with my extra large bag, stuffed full of all my new clothing!

I've decided to change the day of my 4 park challenge, based on the weather forecast, and am actually thinking of shifting some other things around as well... All super fun pre-trip stuff!

Have a happy and healthful Wednesday everyone!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm back from our trip and have actually managed to scan through all the replies on here to see what all I missed. @JacknSally That's awesome about the Disney Store job-- I hope you get it! And I SOOOOO feel your pain on DVC rentals. More than once I've had my hopes up to find no availability :-( But I am sure you will have a wonderful time no matter what because DISNEY! @tortilla24 CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As for my Woohoo... well, I'm not very woohoo-ey today being in post-vacation funk. Tokyo Disney is all they say and more. I cried big sobbing tears getting on the train back to Tokyo. What was a "once in a lifetime trip" has now become "when can we go back?" So woohoo for the experience for sure, but being in the real world now is kicking my butt Haha! Oh! Not to mention the scale was NOT nice this morning at all despite the fact that I ate like a bird in Japan (good food, but WAY too busy to eat!) and was averaging 25,000 step days.... I think Disneyland CA did me in (Steakhouse 55, the Mexican place and the Jazz place downtown....). Oh well--Now I got to get back in gear to get back to where I was!

Hi everyone! I'm back from our trip and have actually managed to scan through all the replies on here to see what all I missed. @JacknSally That's awesome about the Disney Store job-- I hope you get it! And I SOOOOO feel your pain on DVC rentals. More than once I've had my hopes up to find no availability :-( But I am sure you will have a wonderful time no matter what because DISNEY! @tortilla24 CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As for my Woohoo... well, I'm not very woohoo-ey today being in post-vacation funk. Tokyo Disney is all they say and more. I cried big sobbing tears getting on the train back to Tokyo. What was a "once in a lifetime trip" has now become "when can we go back?" So woohoo for the experience for sure, but being in the real world now is kicking my butt Haha! Oh! Not to mention the scale was NOT nice this morning at all despite the fact that I ate like a bird in Japan (good food, but WAY too busy to eat!) and was averaging 25,000 step days.... I think Disneyland CA did me in (Steakhouse 55, the Mexican place and the Jazz place downtown....). Oh well--Now I got to get back in gear to get back to where I was!

Thank you for the well wishes! I followed your trip on Instagram - can I just say you are ADORABLE??? And it looked like you had SO MUCH FUN! Thank you for posting photos while you were there! I've found the best cure for PDD (post-Disney depression) is to plan another trip ASAP ;-)

My woohoo isn't much, but I went by The Disney Store yesterday. It's been about a week since I applied online, and yesterday I just popped by to introduce myself to the manager face-to-face and give her a hardcopy of my resume and cover letter. Hoping that little extra might set my application apart from others who might've only applied online and never followed up. I know I only applied a week ago but the job posting has been up since March 5 so I don't know how much longer they might be looking, if they actually still are. Sigh. I hate job searches. But anyway, the woohoo about it is my anxiety was pretty bad the whole time but I did it anyway.

Good morning and welcome to one of my FAVORITE days of the week!

View attachment 164840

I finished all of my FastPass+ Reservations for my trip at the end of next month... yay! And... we're finally going to watch WISHES, since we've never seen it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter