Looking to Lose Ladies

Good Morning, ladies!

Slept from 10 - 6:30 (AMAZING) so no pool/ gymthis morning. Neva mind - tomorrow I can go anytime after 8 am so no 0'dark30 :)

NEE, let me think on it - maybe I can help you get fed. I understand with the "sick of salads" thing.

Quick healthy things that can be eaten without cooking - raw fruit, raw veggies, cheese sticks or cheese cut from a chunk, peanut butter, whole wheat mini bagels, whole wheat sandwich thins, salsa, hard boiled eggs, tuna from a bag, rotisserie chicken from the deli, almonds, olives, hummus, sliced baked ham or turkey from deli

Heres to a healthy day!

Trouble is, cheese is SO high in fat (and salt, if you're watchin it). So I try not to have too much..... TRY being the word:rolleyes1 Yesterday I had a bowl of Special K in the morning (semi-skimmed milk), slice of home-made bread, toasted, spread with low fat spread and marmite, bowl of leek and potato soup (weightwatchers recipe 1 point per serving) with another slice of homemade bread, lamb stew from the crockpot (boys had most of the meat), low fat yoghurt, 2-finger kitkat.

Toda we have friends coming so I've made a big lasagne - but I used extra lean meat and drained it well, and semi-skimmed milk for the bechemal. The garlic bread is reduced fat, I'm making brownies (pampered chef recipe, not a huge portion) and serving with ice-cream (one scoop each or won't see the brownie:rotfl2:). Ho hum!

To stop me going out and buying huge sandwiches with goodness knows how much fat, I make ahead tuna mayo sandwiches and freeze them. Then each morning I take oneout and put some salad in a plastic box - by lunchtime its defrosted and I can add the salad. I find one brown loaf plus 2-3 cans of tuna in spring water (drained) and low-fat mayo makes 8-9 sandwiches for the freezer. Sometimes I also buy a big chicken or turkey breast and use the leftovers to make sandwiches for the freezer - all saves time in the mornings!

The experts always say we shouldn't allow ourselves to get too hungry or we lose control and that is so true! Every morning I say I will wait until I get home from work to eat lunch, and then every day I stop at one of the 10 fast food restaurants on the way home from work because I can't wait to eat (it's an hour drive from work to home). I need to pack a sandwich and eat that on the way home, and a big bottle of water also.

So I have several goals that I think are attainable
1. Cut back on the soda
2. No fast food (especially drive-throughs)
3. Journal
4. No grazing mindlessly while I'm on the computer

I bet those things alone would allow me to lose weight!!
As I sit here drinking my diet Dr. Pepper- Ha Ha- gotta break the habit!

My Day:

AM- Coffee, cheerios, 1% milk, string cheese... 6.5pts
Lunch- turkey and swiss sammy on Arnold select roll (LURVE THESE) , with olive oil mayo... 5pts
Dinner- roasted beer can chicken, left over cauli-rice, salad... 13pts

Still have 4.5pts left :teeth:

I'm in- sorry to be so late! I wanted to think about it before I commited!
My goal - eat healthy
drink water
limit Dr.Pepper
exercise

I'm doing weight watchers. I like it.
Going to the gym-with my DH at 3am. Its so much more fun with him- and I can sleep in most days. And at 3am- we have our own personal gym! and Water aerobics 2x a week with a friend.
I'll go back and see when, how, etc. to post my weight goal- lol.

Mazda, at this point, I am WAY more concerned about the number of carbs I consume than the amount of fat. But each one of us are different, we have to do what works.

I do think we need to try and get in more vegetables - even I was a little low on them today. Should have had another salad with dinner.

Ok, hopefully I am done eating for today.

Breakfast
cup of melon
leftover veggies from last night
cup of cole slaw
leftover half of salmon from last night (I told you - hubby's away, i'll eat what I want)
1/2 whole wheat mini bagel

Lunch
venti cafe mocha with raw sugar at B&N (bad bad bad - but it didnot shoot my bg, which surprised me)
Then
more cole slaw
more salad
ham and cheese on a deli flat

Supper
2 eggs
3 bacon
1 mini bagel
last of leftover veggies
more cole slaw

I hope to avoid a snack tonight, but if I eat one, it will be half a cup of berries.

This is really good for accountability - all while I was having that coffee, I had in the back of my mind that i'd have to 'fess up to you guys!

You're starving! Where's the protein for breakfast? Oh gosh, I hope you are eating more than that!!!

I love my grapefruit for breakfast. That fills me up and keeps me going more than anything else I eat for breakfast. Okay, I'll add some cheese, peanut butter, or almonds. Not sure if I could eat a hamburger early in the morning.

I'd scare you all if I posted what I eat/ don't eat it's bad bad bad and most of the time I can still lose weight. My biggest thing is eating enough I often forget to eat like today I didn't eat till dinner. I had some hash browns for breakfast and my version of coffee. then forgot the rest of the day. I need to do better at this.

As for exercise I'm walking a mile at work in the 5 hours I'm there and only sit for 20 mins if that, and the rest of the time is standing. somedays I walk more some less i need to consistently get in my situps have been so tired that I haven't done them everynight. sugaring season is starting and I'll be spending the pm in the woods that will add a couple more miles aday.

I've also been good about my meds and that will help as well. Okay off to do those situps.

Deb - I am definitely going to try your egg tip. That sounds perfect for workdays!

Quick healthy things that can be eaten without cooking - raw fruit, raw veggies, cheese sticks or cheese cut from a chunk, peanut butter, whole wheat mini bagels, whole wheat sandwich thins, salsa, hard boiled eggs, tuna from a bag, rotisserie chicken from the deli, almonds, olives, hummus, sliced baked ham or turkey from deli

See how inept I am - I only JUST learned how to hard boil eggs. And I still find it stressful.

I love my grapefruit for breakfast. That fills me up and keeps me going more than anything else I eat for breakfast. Okay, I'll add some cheese, peanut butter, or almonds. Not sure if I could eat a hamburger early in the morning.

Please do add protein! I love grapefruit too, it's delicious AND good for you but it's not enough to fuel your morning.

I'd scare you all if I posted what I eat/ don't eat it's bad bad bad and most of the time I can still lose weight. My biggest thing is eating enough I often forget to eat like today I didn't eat till dinner. I had some hash browns for breakfast and my version of coffee. then forgot the rest of the day. I need to do better at this. . .
I've also been good about my meds and that will help as well. Okay off to do those situps.

Good girl for remembering your meds! I have trouble with that too unless I 'link them' mentally with something else. Not eating an adequate breakfast and forgetting lunch makes the blood glucose go up and down for one thing, which in my case gives me headaches, and also contributes to being tired, as does not drinking sufficient water.

See how inept I am - I only JUST learned how to hard boil eggs. And I still find it stressful.

So buy 'em all ready hard boiled, at the deli counter! You need to come over here for a couple weeks girl, I'll put you in training :laughing:

I broke down and joined WW again yesterday... sigh... hate to spend the money, but they are having a special...

It's also nice to find out that my butternut squash soup recipe only has 1pt per serving :teeth:

I was best at WW when I was still feeding DS10, because I actually got anough point to eat properly:goodvibes 20 points is just not enough to fill me up, even with no point veggies (as I'm not keen on veggies - unless they're in a fajita or a cheese sauce:rotfl2:) But is it worth having another baby at 45 just to have 28 points to eat:rolleyes1 I guess I'll have to just stick with willpower and exercise:angel: And it helps we're all banned from eating at the PC because its new and shiny:rolleyes: I'll just stay here all day

I broke down and joined WW again yesterday... sigh... hate to spend the money, but they are having a special...

It's also nice to find out that my butternut squash soup recipe only has 1pt per serving :teeth:

May I have your butternut squash soup recipe? I heart butternut squash!

Sure...you know I'm really big on easy stuff, so it's easy...

In my big crock pot I put:

6c water
3 beef bullion cubes (you can use what you like, I like the beef ones)
2 onions coarse chop
1c carrots, coarse chop

Turn on high

In a big roaster pan, I put bout 1" water and 2 butternut squash. They cook for 1hr at 350. Take them out and let em cool till you can peel them. Cut the meat up in 1" cubes and add to the crockpot. The seeds scoop out really easy, and it peels nice w/o that icky starchy feeling from peeling raw.

Give the soup a stir and let it cook for like 4hrs. Then run thru the blender in batches to make smooth and creamy. I use a second pot and pour the smooth stuff in that till it's all processed. I put it back in the crockpot, and season to taste now. It usually goes for another hr with the top off to thicken some more. Serving is 1 cup. The whole pot full has like 8pts...

Sure...you know I'm really big on easy stuff, so it's easy...

In my big crock pot I put:

6c water
3 beef bullion cubes (you can use what you like, I like the beef ones)
2 onions coarse chop
1c carrots, coarse chop

Turn on high

In a big roaster pan, I put bout 1" water and 2 butternut squash. They cook for 1hr at 350. Take them out and let em cool till you can peel them. Cut the meat up in 1" cubes and add to the crockpot. The seeds scoop out really easy, and it peels nice w/o that icky starchy feeling from peeling raw.

Give the soup a stir and let it cook for like 4hrs. Then run thru the blender in batches to make smooth and creamy. I use a second pot and pour the smooth stuff in that till it's all processed. I put it back in the crockpot, and season to taste now. It usually goes for another hr with the top off to thicken some more. Serving is 1 cup. The whole pot full has like 8pts...

That sounds GREAT! 16 carbs per cup, if you're counting carbs. The only changes I would make is to cook the squash in the microwave before peeling, and use my immersion blender to smooth it right in the crock pot. Have you tried nutmeg for seasoning? - or what do you use?

That sounds GREAT! 16 carbs per cup, if you're counting carbs. The only changes I would make is to cook the squash in the microwave before peeling, and use my immersion blender to smooth it right in the crock pot. Have you tried nutmeg for seasoning? - or what do you use?

Thanks for the carb count Linda! How did you figure that out? I know the butternut squash is a starchy one, but I love the flavor. I do season with nutmeg, and salt. I pepper after it's served, I peppered while it was cooking once and it got way too strong.

I don't have an immersion blender (yet). I might be getting one this week for Valentine's Day though... have to wait and see if I'm right...

We got banned from eating in front of the PC? Dang. Now I'm going to have to stare at the wall while I eat. I've already tried to stop reading and eating.

Really late start today. Still haven't had breakfast or coffee. Need to go do that and the exercise.

Thanks for the carb count Linda! How did you figure that out?

cheated - used the carb count for the commercial one from trader Joes. :laughing:

But if you want me to figure it out for you, I can. Just need to know how many cups of blended squash you put in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter