Lots of Questions for First Timers

kydisneyfans

<font color=blue>It may be because they are too em
Thank you everyone for earlier threads and responses. We are going to DLP in September for RunDisney weekend-I will be running all 3 races.

Arrival is Thursday morning from the states, we want to take the bus to DLP-is a one way trip possible? The booking site for Disney is making it seem it's for round trip only. We are going into Central Paris on Monday.

Is there REALLY a difference in hotel? We are used to DVC and normally stay at Hilton properties in the US, although we have enjoyed stays at Pop/Movies, etc. Our Motel 6 experiences are not good though. Santa Fe is cheapest, Sequoia is about $200 higher. Cheyenne is in between. Are the beds as hard as advertised? Cleanliness is the most important.

Food-we normally do food delivery from Instacart, etc. Is something similar available at DLP? A grocery store is mapped to be not too far away (starts with AU?)-easiest way to get there, etc? Hydration is key plus I have a pretty tight diet due to Crohns. I know there is no mini fridge in the room.

Are there any other options than the breakfast buffet within the hotel? Is it the buffet or nothing type situation? Same with dinner-buffet or nothing? Disney Village seems to have some options if the answer is no. We've researched the half board option but with the run times, we may not make it to breakfast on time, making the cost not worthwhile.

We are doing 4 nights, the package is showing 5 days for tickets. Is there a way to cut back on ticket days to save a few $$? We are definitely not going to the parks on Monday due to heading into Paris early, we may not go to the parks on Thursday as we are going to the run expo to get bibs and we'll want to rest due to the flights.

Thank you for any responses.

Yes you can do one way on the bus from CDG to DLP

Sequoia Lodge hotel has a swimming pool the other 2 you mentioned dont. It also has one main block with rooms in as well as smaller lodge type blocks whereas Cheyenne and Santa Fe is made up of smaller buildings with rooms in - motel style and other services such as restaurant/bar/shop etc are all in other separate buildings whereas S Lodge they are all in the main building
I have stayed at all the DLP hotels and always been happy with the beds.
Out of them all Santa Fe is my least favourite but I would still be happy to stay there

There is no food delivery at DLP like there is in the states however there is a small store in each hotel, a larger store at the train station next to the parks , a petrol station with store attached next to Santa Fe hotel and as you mentioned Auchan supermarket at the large shopping centre a few miles away. This supermarket is very large and stocks virtually everything you might want. You can get there by RER (train) - 1 or 2 stops away and costing about 2Euros each way or Im sure there is a bus that goes there as well

Some of the hotels have a Star Bucks attached as well - Cheyenne definitely does.
Otherwise you can grab breakfast in the Village - there are a few options or you can grab a croissant or other pastry and a drink from a few places in the park (Cable Car Bake shop , Market House Deli)
Most of the hotel restaurants are buffets however the bars serve several snacks as well. Or as you mentioned there are other options in the Village

The packages always include tickets for all days including arrival and departure days

1. You can get one way tickets for the bus at the ticket booth at the airport
2. Below are a few posts from BadPinkTink, one is about hotels. Santa Fe & Cheyenne are like value resorts in WDW, but with less amenties like pools etc.
3. Yes, hard mattresses are a thing in Europe. Probably, for US taste, each hotel in DLP will have beds that are too hard.
4. Yes, rooms are clean.
5. I've never used Instacart, so I can't really advise on this. But as you say, no fridge in Santa Fe and Cheyenne (can't remember for Sequoia), also keep in mind, there is no airco to freeze the room. You will have a ceiling fan, but that doesn't keep anything chilled. If you don't want to pay premium prices for drinks, at the train station, on the side of the subway (RER), there is a store called Relay, they sell drinks cheaper than at the parks.
Auchan is a supermarket in Val D'Europe, one RER stop away and some walk. I think they deliver, but the website is in French only. I am not sure how common it is to have things delivered to a Disney hotel in DLP.
6. You can grab breakfast in Disney Village or the park, just some snacks, or sit down at Plaza Gardens (although i think that's buffet as well).
Last year during the run weekend Sequioa Lodge had double breakfast. You could get something to eat before the run, and then when you returned you could get back in.
7. No, only if you book hotel and tickets separately you could do so, but it rarily is a huge save. Disneyland Paris works with packages only.

The hotel part is very subjective but I think if you don't need a pool I would recommend Cheyenne as it has most recently been refurbished. During my stay at Sequoia last Feb I got a really tired room and wished I'd saved the money and stayed at the Cheyenne. Harder beds than in the US but still comfortable, nothing like asian beds!

As above, you can get a few snacks/drinks at the petrol/gas station near the Santa Fe or at the train station near the park entrances. Alternatively jump on the train ( 2euros or so for ticket) and head to the massive supermarket in the shopping centre.

Breakfast is just the buffet generally, but the alternatives in the village/parks are decent. These don't generally open until around 8am. If you are doing the runs they open breakfast for runner (you have to wear your bib) at 5am and you get a second breakfast after the runs until 12pm. Its great to grab a banana at 5am and then basically have lunch too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter