Lovely Weather We're Having Here

About 3 feet? Check out the snowbank across the street..that’s low for this time of year. I’ll have snow in my yard well into March and April.

View attachment 382605
What are you doing, sharing pictures of my yard on the internet? ;) Yeah it looks the same over here for us, except we had a construction pit and closed roadway in the intersection for the better part of a week in this crazy weather.

We've not gotten much snow this winter, which is actually a bad thing because the lack of moisture and ground insulation desiccates plants and trees in our climate where we get a high number of freeze/thaw cycles over the season. Not that "thaw" is really a thing right now; we've in a brutal cold snap that just won't end. It's apparently the longest stretch in 21 years that we've stayed below freezing. And actually, it's been way, way below. The average daytime temp since January 20 has been -23C which is about 10 below F. At night and with a wind, it can be almost double that. :cold:

Cold is good for you, it puts hair on your chest LOL

Some people who don’t get snow might not have considered this, but in winter, our ground freezes about 8 feet down. All of our pipes and wires are way, way buried. A rule of thumb is to not plant anything before the May long weekend, because that’s when we don’t have to worry about the risk of frost. MAY! And we can get frost warnings starting at the end of September, but more likely October. It’s a crazy place to live lol

Cold is good for you, it puts hair on your chest LOL

Some people who don’t get snow might not have considered this, but in winter, our ground freezes about 8 feet down. All of our pipes and wires are way, way buried. A rule of thumb is to not plant anything before the May long weekend, because that’s when we don’t have to worry about the risk of frost. MAY! And we can get frost warnings starting at the end of September, but more likely October. It’s a crazy place to live lol

Yup. I have had tourists see a ditch being dug or something like that 3 feet deep and asks if that is below the frost line. Ummm.....no.

The weather app said it was supposed to start raining an hour ago. It is still snowing!! Woke up to 2" of snow. Dog was thrilled she FINALLY got to play in the snow.

Snow. That's funny. I wore a sleeveless dress and sandles today. I'm not trying to rub it in. I'm actually jealous if those who get snow. I've only seen it a handful of times in my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter