• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mad As Rabbits: A Disneyland pre-trip report.

Yes they do and I have personally contributed exponentially to that fortune! :rolleyes:

Chele, I forgot to tell you that when we drove down to FL I somehow managed to leave the house with only TWO CD's in the car!

1. Colbie Callait - CoCo... which is a really good CD and I USED to love it... not so much anymore. :rolleyes:

2. JoBro's new CD - Which I lovingly grabbed for Abby while I was packing and which I now know every word to every song. :scared1: :sad2:

Oh you poor thing. You deserve a hug for that.:hug:

Yes they do and I have personally contributed exponentially to that fortune! :rolleyes:

Chele, I forgot to tell you that when we drove down to FL I somehow managed to leave the house with only TWO CD's in the car!

1. Colbie Callait - CoCo... which is a really good CD and I USED to love it... not so much anymore. :rolleyes:

2. JoBro's new CD - Which I lovingly grabbed for Abby while I was packing and which I now know every word to every song. :scared1: :sad2:

I could not have put up with that. You need satellite radio!

It's amazing the music we listen to for our kids.:goodvibes I have emo music cd's and others that I never would have had if I didn't have kids.

I have to admit that I initially got satellite radio for one reason a few years ago, but have really come to enjoy the different stations on there which are grouped together in ways totally unlike regaular (terrestrial) radio. If I am in a '70s mood, I flip on the all '70s station. Same thing with the '80s and '90s, which each have their own channels too. All the current hits are on various channels. If I want to listen to the hair metal bands of my past, they have their own channel. Want Bruce Springsteen? Try E Street Radio. Need 'adult' conversations? Go to Playboy Radio. For a while, the Rolling Stones had their own channel too, and there's also an all Elvis channel (for those who want it, which don't include me). Jamie Foxx has his own show. Eminem has his own channel. I like satellite much more than I thought I would - and it is actually an inexpensive monthly bill.

I have to admit that I initially got satellite radio for one reason a few years ago, but have really come to enjoy the different stations on there which are grouped together in ways totally unlike regaular (terrestrial) radio. If I am in a '70s mood, I flip on the all '70s station. Same thing with the '80s and '90s, which each have their own channels too. All the current hits are on various channels. If I want to listen to the hair metal bands of my past, they have their own channel. Want Bruce Springsteen? Try E Street Radio. Need 'adult' conversations? Go to Playboy Radio. For a while, the Rolling Stones had their own channel too, and there's also an all Elvis channel (for those who want it, which don't include me). Jamie Foxx has his own show. Eminem has his own channel. I like satellite much more than I thought I would - and it is actually an inexpensive monthly bill.

We used to have Sirius. I got it to listen to Richard Simmons. I really loved it, but when they dumped him and kept Howard Stern I got rid of it. I thought there was no way I was paying for it anymore. It wasn't a money issue, it was an issue of my buying it to listen to Richard and when he was no longer in there I didn't want it anymore. And then they were calling me almost daily trying to get me to come back and it really ticked me off.

We used to have Sirius. I got it to listen to Richard Simmons. I really loved it, but when they dumped him and kept Howard Stern I got rid of it. I thought there was no way I was paying for it anymore. It wasn't a money issue, it was an issue of my buying it to listen to Richard and when he was no longer in there I didn't want it anymore. And then they were calling me almost daily trying to get me to come back and it really ticked me off.

I don't think I even realized that Richard's show wasn't on anymore (he was on Sirius Stars, I think). I got Sirius specifically to listen to Howard (Richard was on Howard's show a couple of times promoting his show so I didn't realize it was off the air now, but I noticed that Dr. Laura is now ON Sirius). Love him or hate him, Howard moving to Sirius drew a lot of people over to Sirius that were not there before (getting him to sign on was a huge deal for Sirius), and now, as a result, we are all being exposed to the other good stuff available there. So now, if and when Howard leaves when his contract expires last next year, I may still keep Sirius because of the other stuff I listen to, and because it seems like regular radio is falling apart these days and so many stations are going under or changing formats. Talk radio is really taking a hit on terrestrial radio.

Richard and Howard were friends way back when, and they used to socialize back in the '80s and early '90s. Odd pair, huh?

I don't think I even realized that Richard's show wasn't on anymore (he was on Sirius Stars, I think). I got Sirius specifically to listen to Howard (Richard was on Howard's show a couple of times promoting his show so I didn't realize it was off the air now, but I noticed that Dr. Laura is now ON Sirius). Love him or hate him, Howard moving to Sirius drew a lot of people over to Sirius that were not there before (getting him to sign on was a huge deal for Sirius), and now, as a result, we are all being exposed to the other good stuff available there. So now, if and when Howard leaves when his contract expires last next year, I may still keep Sirius because of the other stuff I listen to, and because it seems like regular radio is falling apart these days and so many stations are going under or changing formats. Talk radio is really taking a hit on terrestrial radio.

Richard and Howard were friends way back when, and they used to socialize back in the '80s and early '90s. Odd pair, huh?

I have nothing against Howard Stern he was just the first example I thought of. I was just ticked at the whole getting rid of Richard thing and that was why I got it to begin with.

I have nothing against Howard Stern he was just the first example I thought of. I was just ticked at the whole getting rid of Richard thing and that was why I got it to begin with.

Yeah, that's extremely frustrating to go to the trouble of getting Sirius and having it actvated (I don't now whether you had a car unit or a home unit), only to lose the one show you wanted on Sirius!! At first I told myself, Well, I will only have Sirius for a total of 5 years, until Howard's contract expires and he leaves the air, and then I will get rid of it. I didn't expect to find anything else to like on Sirius that would keep me listening, but there are a couple of other things I really like. So when that point comes, in late 2010, I will have to decide what to do.

How long has Richard's show been gone? I had no idea he was not on anymore.

Yeah, that's extremely frustrating to go to the trouble of getting Sirius and having it actvated (I don't now whether you had a car unit or a home unit), only to lose the one show you wanted on Sirius!! At first I told myself, Well, I will only have Sirius for a total of 5 years, until Howard's contract expires and he leaves the air, and then I will get rid of it. I didn't expect to find anything else to like on Sirius that would keep me listening, but there are a couple of other things I really like. So when that point comes, in late 2010, I will have to decide what to do.

How long has Richard's show been gone? I had no idea he was not on anymore.

It's close to a year now. It wasn't long after I got my new van which has Sirius on the radio itself. Making e no longer have to have the car one mounted inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter