Magic In the Mediterranean July 30, 2011

Hi,
Thanks again to ZMOM (Debbie) for helping again with our FE Gift Exchange for this cruise. I am going to try and get our details finalized by this Thursday evening East Coast time in the US. So anyone who would like to participate can complete their gift making or purchasing.

For those who need to know what we do, you can either give a gift to each member of the travel party or one family gift per cabin that they can share. These can be made or purchased. Some ideas have been magnets, you can use to decorate the cabin door, candy, postcards, stickers for the kids etc. Just hang your fish extenders outside of your cabins and check for surprises. Make sure to label your gifts so we know who they are from. You can deliver the gifts anytime during the trip.

I have the details for a few participating travel families. They are: Ruthie, ZMom and Welchmom and my family. I am not sure if the PM (Private Message)is working, I saw some posts about people having trouble with it. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with your details to verify I have it all correct, I will compile the list and send a final back to you this Thursday. If I don't respond, please post here since it may not have gone through.

Also, please let me know if you would like to get together for a meet to say hi on Embarkation day either before or right after the safety drill.
Thanks, Darlene

My husband, 14 1/2 year old daughter and I will be on the July 30 sailing and would love to be a part of the meet and greet with you all. I am interested in this fish thing of which you have spoken. We are very excited for our trip and all that it has to offer. This is our 5th Disney cruise but our first Mediterranean cruise. Thanks in advance!

My husband, 14 1/2 year old daughter and I will be on the July 30 sailing and would love to be a part of the meet and greet with you all. I am interested in this fish thing of which you have spoken. We are very excited for our trip and all that it has to offer. This is our 5th Disney cruise but our first Mediterranean cruise. Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Welcome aboard denimblueeyes 50! Great glad to hear you would like to join us. I am collecting everyone's info through tomorrow and I will send a PM to all participants that I have cabin# for. Can you PM me with your cabin number(s) so I can add you to the list.
I will let you know where we are meeting as well. I need to look up the name of the lounge area where I am thinking about us meeting.
Thanks, Darlene Anne

Hi,
Welcome aboard denimblueeyes 50! Great glad to hear you would like to join us. I am collecting everyone's info through tomorrow and I will send a PM to all participants that I have cabin# for. Can you PM me with your cabin number(s) so I can add you to the list.
I will let you know where we are meeting as well. I need to look up the name of the lounge area where I am thinking about us meeting.
Thanks, Darlene Anne
Hey Darlene Anne,

Because I am a "newbie" here, I cannot PM yet. Our room # is 6188. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for coordinating everything.

We are in too!! I have sent my room numbers via PM. I am also interested in meeting up.

Thanks again! :)

Hi,
I just called to verify a couple of things with DCL and here is a list of a few things you may like to know before the cruise. I'm sure some of you may know them already.

Saturday, 7/30 - Mandatory Safety Drill at 4pm
Departure at 5PM (there is a sail away party) :boat:

Sunday, 7/31 - Formal Night

Wednesday, 8/3 - Pirate Night (you can dress up if you like) pirate:

Thursday, 8/4 - Semiformal Night (at sea day)

All other nights - dress is cruise casual for dinner.

You may bring bottles of wine onboard in carry on luggage only. If you bring them to dinner there is a $20/ bottle corkage fee. If you have wine left over your waitstaff will bring it to you at dinner the next night. We did this on the last cruise. :earsboy:

Darlene Anne

If you are participating in our FE Exchange, today is the last day to have your information to me regarding your cabin number(s), the ages of the children and how many adults. I want to PM everyone back this evening with the completed list so everyone can get ready.
Here are the 6 participants that I have so far with information complete, I did not list the cabin numbers:

Welchmom 2 cabins 4 adults, 1 teen
Ruthie 1 cabin 4 adults, (1) 2yr old
Zmom 1 cabin 2 adults, (1) 9yr old
Kjnolan 2 cabins 4 adults, (1) 2yr old
denimblueeyes50 1 cabin 2 adults, 1 teen
DarleneAnne 2 cabins, (adjoining and 1 fish extender) 2 adults, 2 teens

Thanks!

Hey Darleneanne,

I am glad I double checked my room number. I was incorrect. The number is 6088...not 6188. I believe I can receive PMs. According to this website, I cannot PM until I have completed 10 posts. Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone.

Hey Darleneanne,

I am glad I double checked my room number. I was incorrect. The number is 6088...not 6188. I believe I can receive PMs. According to this website, I cannot PM until I have completed 10 posts. Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone.

Thank you for the correction, I have it noted. I will try to send you the PM later to avoid having everyone's cabin numbers posted publically. I will also send a message on the thread that let's everyone know I sent the PM. So if you don't receive the PM let me know. I can always email the info directly if you like.

I am really not ready for the cruise yet, a lot to do! We are all excited about it and we loved our last Disney Cruise so I know it will be a great trip! It will be fun to meet up. Be sure to read my last couple of posts from yesterday and today. I included some info you may want to know.

Welchmom, Ruthie, Zmom, Kjnolan, Denimblueeyes 50 have all been sent Private Messages including the participants and cabin numbers. Please let me know if you did not receive the PM. :flower3:

Anyone who would like to have a meet on Embarkation day (July 30th) I thought maybe we could meet at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 approximately mid ship near Lumiere's Restaurant. Here is a link to Deck 3 if you would like to see where it is.
This would give us some time to say hi and see what we look like so we can say hi during the cruise. This would be before the scheduled safety drill. Would this work out? If not, we could meet on our at sea day. I think it might be hard to find time on our port days since they are fairly long days off the ship. :idea:
Thanks!!!

DarleneAnne, I did receive your PM; however, the fact that I cannot respond is a bit of a bummer. Three PM in the lounge for us is fine on the day of embarkation. I just want to verify that all the people you mentioned on the list will have the FEs and each day a little token/remembrance is left inside? Thanks in advance

denimblueeyes50:
if you go around the DIS site and post 10 responses (quick responses) to old threads you will be able to send PM's. Just a thought, I am new as well and that was the work around I found to the system. I know...not the best, but creative. :)

DarleneAnne, I did receive your PM; however, the fact that I cannot respond is a bit of a bummer. Three PM in the lounge for us is fine on the day of embarkation. I just want to verify that all the people you mentioned on the list will have the FEs and each day a little token/remembrance is left inside? Thanks in advance

Hi,
Thanks for letting me know the PM arrived, you should post more then you will be able to send them, LOL.

You only need to do 1 delivery, you can do more if you would like to split it up. Last year I made a party bag of several items and made just the 1 delivery but didn't deliver until later in the cruise. Everyone else also only delivered once. I hope that clears it up for you.

Sounds good about the meet! :yay:

Hi Fellow Disney Cruisers!
It's hard to believe that we will be getting onboard next Saturday! I hope all of you are getting ready without too much hassle. I have lots to do!!
Anyway, we will be having a meet and greet on Embarkation day next Saturday at 3 pm. The location is the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 near Lumiere's Restaurant, sort of mid ship. This is prior to the safety drill that the ship conducts.
Stop by if you can and say hi, I think there should be drinks and soft drinks available for purchase at the bar, at least there were on our last cruise.
Bring your family too. I will try and get there a little early to look for people and I will try and make a sign so it's easier to spot us. :wave2:

Darlene Anne

I am getting so excited for our cruise now. Like all of you...there is much to do between then and now. DarleneAnne, thanks for clearing up my question about the FEs. Happy packing and safe travels to all.

I am getting so excited for our cruise now. Like all of you...there is much to do between then and now. DarleneAnne, thanks for clearing up my question about the FEs. Happy packing and safe travels to all.

Thanks and the same to you and your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter