• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is my question (s).... sorry thought of something else on the way through my sketch selection process...
1. do we need a journal box on both pages??
2. we need at least 2-4x6 photos per page.. can we use additional sizes if we already have the 2 photos on each page.. add a 2x2, or 4x4, similar..
3. for photo mats.. do you want traditional photo mats or like a place holder at 4.25 x 6.25 so that it mats your photo??

so, lets say I chose this LO..
Sketch297dbl_zpsd89a2941.jpg

On the left side side I have 2 -4x6 and the journal box area and the title will be there… I of course would add all the paper layers and some extra embellishments..
** see question #3 for clarification on photo mats.

On the right side, we include all the layers to match the sketch.. and then I would include 2 additional 4x6 photo mat/placements **related to questions above**. I would also include the embellishments..
~ or do I adhere all the layers on page 2.. and leave the photo spaces, embellishments loose so you can place the way that works best for you...

I found a gorgeous sketch that calls for a 5x7 on the title page but has 2 or 3-4x6’s on the opposite page.. could we do that??
Sorry If I’m causing more issues.. I just want to make sure we are all on the same page…

Wasn't trying to rush you Nan. Didn't want to post duplicate questions and your post seems to cover my questions too. popcorn::

OH, I know Danielle.. I was just letting you know that I was working on it... :) I have so many ideas.... and I can make anything work w/ those disney sketches on pinterest... :)
If you look at scrapgeneration they have some every day pages you could easily convert too... they are amazing...

Ok after I have my picks all set then I'll come up with some sketches and get the ok just to be sure I am fitting in.. Thanks!

If we do find a sketch we love that has a 5x7 pm...and then we didn't have a 5x7 photo that works....we could also add an extra PM or 2 layers to make it work for ourselves Nan, just an idea!

jeez jennifer, doesn't your boss understand HOW IMPORTANT this swap is :lmao::lmao:

No kidding!

Answers in red, hope they make sense ;)

Ok, here is my question (s).... sorry thought of something else on the way through my sketch selection process...
1. do we need a journal box on both pages?? No, I think one is sufficient, don't you?
2. we need at least 2-4x6 photos per page.. can we use additional sizes if we already have the 2 photos on each page.. add a 2x2, or 4x4, similar..I think as long as there are at LEAST two 4x6 photo mats on the two page layout, the others can be whatever size you want.
3. for photo mats.. do you want traditional photo mats or like a place holder at 4.25 x 6.25 so that it mats your photo??I think a place holder at 4.25 x 6.25 is fine, but will leave that to the creator

On the left side side I have 2 -4x6 and the journal box area and the title will be there… I of course would add all the paper layers and some extra embellishments..

On the right side, we include all the layers to match the sketch.. and then I would include 2 additional 4x6 photo mat/placements **related to questions above**. I would also include the embellishments..
~ or do I adhere all the layers on page 2.. and leave the photo spaces, embellishments loose so you can place the way that works best for you... I think we should to send a background page with all the layers and a copy of the sketch(es).

I found a gorgeous sketch that calls for a 5x7 on the title page but has 2 or 3-4x6’s on the opposite page.. could we do that?? Yes, as long as there are at LEAST two 4x6 photo mats TOTAL, the others can be whatever
Sorry If I’m causing more issues.. I just want to make sure we are all on the same page…

No kidding!

Answers in red, hope they make sense ;)

1. do we need a journal box on both pages?? No, I think one is sufficient, don't you?
2. we need at least 2-4x6 photos per page.. can we use additional sizes if we already have the 2 photos on each page.. add a 2x2, or 4x4, similar..I think as long as there are at LEAST two 4x6 photo mats on the two page layout, the others can be whatever size you want.
3. for photo mats.. do you want traditional photo mats or like a place holder at 4.25 x 6.25 so that it mats your photo??I think a place holder at 4.25 x 6.25 is fine, but will leave that to the creator

~ or do I adhere all the layers on page 2.. and leave the photo spaces, embellishments loose so you can place the way that works best for you... I think we should to send a background page with all the layers and a copy of the sketch(es).

I found a gorgeous sketch that calls for a 5x7 on the title page but has 2 or 3-4x6’s on the opposite page.. could we do that?? Yes, as long as there are at LEAST two 4x6 photo mats TOTAL, the others can be whatever

Yes, I believe just 1 j.box is perfectly fine...
Great, I'm glad it's just 2-4x6 on the two page LO and the others can be any size.. I am leaning more towards 4x6's but had marked some others w/ other sizes...
Thank you for clarification on the photo space holder.. I don't always double mat my sketch swap photo mats... I like the small border on them...but am happy with what everyone does..

Ok, so the 2nd page we adhere all the layers and a copy of the sketch w/ the photo mats and embellishements loose.

So, this
sketch1_zps95706df6.jpg

would be perfectly fine?? (chosen at random)..

Going back to look at sketches again. Had tossed some aside because I thought we had to stick to only 4X6. This will make choosing sketches much easier.....or maybe harder. :rotfl:

been trying to get sketches to load from sketchsupport....anyone else get them to load??? errrrr

Yes, I believe just 1 j.box is perfectly fine...
Great, I'm glad it's just 2-4x6 on the two page LO and the others can be any size.. I am leaning more towards 4x6's but had marked some others w/ other sizes...
Thank you for clarification on the photo space holder.. I don't always double mat my sketch swap photo mats... I like the small border on them...but am happy with what everyone does..

Ok, so the 2nd page we adhere all the layers and a copy of the sketch w/ the photo mats and embellishements loose.

So, this
sketch1_zps95706df6.jpg

would be perfectly fine?? (chosen at random)..

No, nothing is adhered on the second page...New thread coming...

That sketch is perfectly fine :)

just read the sign up thread....

want to make sure I have this straight brain is a bit foggy today :rotfl2:

we give you our 4 tops picks....you will choose our top 2 from them

we give you our next 4 picks of what's left and you choose top 2 again?

I'll try to choose the top two, but I want a couple backups just in case.

Going back to look at sketches again. Had tossed some aside because I thought we had to stick to only 4X6. This will make choosing sketches much easier.....or maybe harder. :rotfl:

You can also use sketches that have two 3x4 mats, like this,
DSC_0030.JPG

And replace the two 3x4s with a 4x6... Possibilities are endless!

No, nothing is adhered on the second page...New thread coming...

That sketch is perfectly fine :)

Go it!!! Adhere 1; no on 2!! You just get all the fixins and you finish page 2 on your own w/ supplies given! ;)

Good, I thought I was the only one with issues today!!! Ok, off to get soda, cups, ice, and water for awards dinner tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter