Mammogram Results-I'm losing it at work, please help me.(Update!!, Pg.6, #83)

BTW, what did the ultrasound show? Because the other day you said the ultrasound was normal.
Yes it was wrong result new ultra sound report said 2cm lobulacres hypoecoic lesion
With summary of bi raid 4 and mention low probelity of malignant need biopsy

I am totally confused!!! How did you get a "report with a confirmed malignancy" when your ultrasound report said, "low probability of malignancy and suggested biopsy"...…...this makes no sense!
No reports shows is low probellity malignancy but my intuition is so strong of having malignancy...i m shattered . Height is got surgeon appointment is on 23 May for consultation with no clue when they will do biiopsy my whole family is shattered my daughter is in12 th and watching me crying all the time my husband and my daughter both crying both devastated

You generally get the confirmation of malignancy with the biopsy.
That will give you more information than you have now.
You need to breathe....
Whatever it turns out to be, you will deal with it.
Do you have people around you who can support you?
Not really .. my family is back home me my husband and my daughter only and all of us devastated right now..don’t know who will give hope to who

Mellow.... enjoying Bloody Marys at the Cabana Bar poolside at the WDW Dolphin. Perfect pool day. Going to MK After Hours tonight around 630. Staying til 1am.

I m totally losing it. Don’t know how to calm down myself.. nothing other than worse comes to mind what if it has been spread ... what if it will b the end stage ... what she I do please. Sm one help me....

For the sake of your daughter get your act together! I know many women who’ve had health scares, but you can’t overreact in front of your children. Even when my mom was dying of cancer (second mother to my kids), I held it together for their sake most of the time. No need to borrow worry. No matter what happens, maybe yo7 should talk to someone regarding anxiety.

For the sake of your daughter get your act together! I know many women who’ve had health scares, but you can’t overreact in front of your children. Even when my mom was dying of cancer (second mother to my kids), I held it together for their sake most of the time. No need to borrow worry. No matter what happens, maybe yo7 should talk to someone regarding anxiety.
I m trying but even anxiety pills is not working too. Don’t know how I will face the biopsy results

It is very unlikely you will die from this, even if it does turn out to be cancer - you just don’t know what you are dealing with yet! But in the meantime, for the sake of your self and your family, you need to try to pull it together enough so that you are not freaking out. Maybe you do need to go speak to your primary care doctor about your anxiety. It’s natural to be upset, but from what you’re posting, your reaction is severe. Try to remember how you got through childbirth or other tough times in your life. This is just one of those times. Many of us are living testaments to surviving the cancer journey. If it happens to you (which we aren’t sure of at this point), then you will, too. People go through very tough things every day and make it out the other side just fine. Loads of us even right here on the Dis!

I am terribly confused. Your whole family is crying and devastated because the ultrasound report says you probably don’t have cancer? That’s what “low probability of malignancy” means.

I really think you should call your doctor today and ask them to explain the report to you. Medical terminology can be hard to understand. When I had a mammogram scare years ago, I called my doctor and she explained the report to me. It didn’t mean what I thought it did. I felt much better after I talked to her, and it turned out to be nothing.

No reports shows is low probellity malignancy but my intuition is so strong of having malignancy...i m shattered . Height is got surgeon appointment is on 23 May for consultation with no clue when they will do biiopsy my whole family is shattered my daughter is in12 th and watching me crying all the time my husband and my daughter both crying both devastated

I am sorry that you are so worried and anxious. I also deal with anxiety when I have medical issues or worries. But seriously getting a report of a "low probability of cancer", is a pretty good report!

I would suggest that you get a higher dose of meds to control your emotions. Your poor daughter must be scared to death watching you fall apart. You need to take a big breath and be strong for her.

My Dr. called me on the phone to tell me that I had ovarian cancer AND that it had metastasized! (It actually hadn't. I found out five days later that I most likely had two cancers, ovarian and uterine. I had to wait another month for a third surgery to do a staging. My second surgery was a hysterectomy for a pre-cancerous condition, so no staging had been done. My Dr. didn't think I had cancer at all, much less two cancers.) My two boys, ages 14 and 17 at the time walked in the door less than 10-minutes of me getting that call. I pulled myself together and they never had a clue anything was wrong. I didn't even tell them anything was amiss until 7 days later AFTER I met with an oncologist in Boston. When I did tell them, I held my emotions in check as the very last thing I wanted to do, was scare them to death and worry them. I gave them the facts that I had and said we would have to wait to find out more after the next surgery.

Everyone handles things differently. I am not saying that I did it the "right" way. But, as a Mother, I have always wanted to protect my kids and not cause them undue stress and worry. I wanted to be strong for them and give them confidence, that we could handle whatever happened.

I hope you can pull yourself together for your daughters sake. Best of luck to you.

My report came and it’s confirm malignancy .. what I supposed to do now ..me m my family is shattered what is it’s spread

Got today’s ultrasound sound and memo gram report saying 2cm lobulted hypoechoic leasion, small bromine lumpnode 1.1cm. With impression of

Low probability of malignancy and suggested biopsy...

I m freaking out... what she I do ? Bi-raids is category 4

Please help me I m shattering what if it will turn out invasive stage 3or 4 cancer in biopsy?

Have consultation appointment for biopsy on 23 th may

What should I do?

Your radiologist’s impression is low probability of malignancy, not confirmed malignancy. It sounds like a low 4.

Several years ago, I had a 4.1 cm (golf ball) lesion that, according my doctors, had all the markings of the dreaded C word. In addition, they found a suspicious area under my armpit. The FNA biopsy was unsuccessful, so I had to have surgery. I admit, waiting was torture, but both turned out to be benign.

For the past 8 years, I’ve been a Bi-Rad 3 for a questionable lesion (most likely a lymph node). However, 2 years ago a separate lesion appeared. That lesion (oval hypoechoic) grew within a year, as did another 1.5 x 1.3 cm enlarged lymph node. As of 3 weeks ago, the node is no longer present, but the lesion is. So the impression is, “probably benign.” But, as usual, I need to return again in 6 months for another diagnostic 3D mammogram and ultrasound.

What should you do? What everyone else suggested - go about life as normal as possible until you know the results. As my awesome doctor likes to say (famous quote) - you can’t control what life throws at you, but you can control how you respond to it. All you can do is take care of you. If your anxiety medications aren’t helping, maybe ask your doctor to either increase or change it. Or perhaps combine your current dosage with walking. Exercise boosts endorphins and lowers stress. If I get stressed out, I go for walks...go to the park/lake, feed the ducks, etc. Again, you have to do whatever it takes to be strong for you and your family. Hang in there, Sdave.

You REALLY, REALLY need to take a deep breath and pull yourself together. Your entire family does. None of your behavior is helping any of you.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 45. I feel very strongly that it was my attitude that got me through it. I stayed positive, got educated and went through 3 surgeries and 8 weeks of radiation. I am now 4 years cancer free. Did I cry, of course I did. But you running around the house sobbing and begging people to help you stating you can't pull it together is nothing that is helping your matter.

Deep breath. Educate yourself with breast cancer. Get ready to fight. And by all means be thankful for each day, don't waste it crying about the "what ifs". Once you know for a fact what is going on you will get through it.

Thank you everyone .. for supporting m trying trying really hard... but at this point I feel so weak and helpless ... what if I m not ble to survive this? What if treatment won’t work? Being in Canada they give me appointment for biopsy consultation only after a week ... don’t know when they will do biopsy ... lol wrong thought what if it had been spread and what if it won’t treat me.. i m the only child of my prent s they are at back home both are heart patient don’t know how I will tell them.. knowing if u say they will die vary moment. My husband and my daughter is totally depend on me for every small and single thing. And this thought of them being without me or seeing me stuffier will break them completely ...I don’t know what to think and what to do...I m trying hard but still not able to pull my self together and mind is keep thinking just worse and worse...

I am sorry that you are so worried and anxious. I also deal with anxiety when I have medical issues or worries. But seriously getting a report of a "low probability of cancer", is a pretty good report!

I would suggest that you get a higher dose of meds to control your emotions. Your poor daughter must be scared to death watching you fall apart. You need to take a big breath and be strong for her.

My Dr. called me on the phone to tell me that I had ovarian cancer AND that it had metastasized! (It actually hadn't. I found out five days later that I most likely had two cancers, ovarian and uterine. I had to wait another month for a third surgery to do a staging. My second surgery was a hysterectomy for a pre-cancerous condition, so no staging had been done. My Dr. didn't think I had cancer at all, much less two cancers.) My two boys, ages 14 and 17 at the time walked in the door less than 10-minutes of me getting that call. I pulled myself together and they never had a clue anything was wrong. I didn't even tell them anything was amiss until 7 days later AFTER I met with an oncologist in Boston. When I did tell them, I held my emotions in check as the very last thing I wanted to do, was scare them to death and worry them. I gave them the facts that I had and said we would have to wait to find out more after the next surgery.

Everyone handles things differently. I am not saying that I did it the "right" way. But, as a Mother, I have always wanted to protect my kids and not cause them undue stress and worry. I wanted to be strong for them and give them confidence, that we could handle whatever happened.

I hope you can pull yourself together for your daughters sake. Best of luck to you.
You are so strong as soon as I read post from u guys I got pulled myself together and in next 15 min with some kind of thought I just shattered again

I am terribly confused. Your whole family is crying and devastated because the ultrasound report says you probably don’t have cancer? That’s what “low probability of malignancy” means.

I really think you should call your doctor today and ask them to explain the report to you. Medical terminology can be hard to understand. When I had a mammogram scare years ago, I called my doctor and she explained the report to me. It didn’t mean what I thought it did. I felt much better after I talked to her, and it turned out to be nothing.
No dear we r devastated thinking that there is a probe lift that this is cancer.. we r afraid of they r not sure it’s begging so it’s problebly mlignant

Thank you everyone .. for supporting m trying trying really hard... but at this point I feel so weak and helpless ... what if I m not ble to survive this? What if treatment won’t work? Being in Canada they give me appointment for biopsy consultation only after a week ... don’t know when they will do biopsy ... lol wrong thought what if it had been spread and what if it won’t treat me.. i m the only child of my prent s they are at back home both are heart patient don’t know how I will tell them.. knowing if u say they will die vary moment. My husband and my daughter is totally depend on me for every small and single thing. And this thought of them being without me or seeing me stuffier will break them compl

Thank you everyone .. for supporting m trying trying really hard... but at this point I feel so weak and helpless ... what if I m not ble to survive this? What if treatment won’t work? Being in Canada they give me appointment for biopsy consultation only after a week ... don’t know when they will do biopsy ... lol wrong thought what if it had been spread and what if it won’t treat me.. i m the only child of my prent s they are at back home both are heart patient don’t know how I will tell them.. knowing if u say they will die vary moment. My husband and my daughter is totally depend on me for every small and single thing. And this thought of them being without me or seeing me stuffier will break them completely ...I don’t know what to think and what to do...I m trying hard but still not able to pull my self together and mind is keep thinking just worse and worse...

It's time for your husband and daughter to start learning how to depend on themselves. If they depend on your for every single small thing as you say then they need to start doing for themselves - this will only help them.

You don't even know yet what your diagnosis is and you're not knowing if you are going to survive? YOu really need to start thinking positive.

What about making a doctor appointment with your regular physician and talk to them. Maybe they can give you some sort of med to help your anxiety.

Although that's extremely unlikely - to either happen to you, or your parents upon hearing news - at some point we all have to accept that death, unfortunately, is a part of life, and if it happens or we're faced with it, we, again, have to pull up our bootstraps and deal with it. I am actually dealing with it right now myself with a family member and it is not easy whatsoever. But we take one day at a time, and make one decision at a time, as best we can. Life will go on as it has every other time someone gets sick or dies. That is just how life is. When I was sick and in treatment for almost a year (surgery, chemo, radiation, lots of follow up, to this day) it was very hard as I had very young children (as do millions of others who go through this!). One of the most difficult aspects for me in dealing with my cancer situation was the worry that my children would lose me. It took me to some very dark places. (And is actually how I wound up here, in trying to find some happier moments in trip planning on many of those sleepless nights.) But I worked it through with the help of good people around me and a great support center that I was fortunate to find. I can never repay those people who helped me, but I can and have payed it forward, which is how I came to have the idea of the breast cancer support thread here and IRL I help whoever I can both in my personal and professional life (as a nurse). We all have to help eachother. If the worst happens (and it's still a big "if"), you will get through it because people will help you get through it and you'll have little choice but to move forward step by step, day by day, week by week, etc. And at some point it will more than likely be behind you (even though right now the thought of dying is crippling you, the odds are very unlikely that it will go that way if you ar diagnosed, thanks to early detection and excellent treatment options). I work with people who are faced with this type of medical devastation every day. They get through it. It's not easy. But it is pretty rare to see someone who is unable to cope at all. Which is why those of us here are trying to tell you that your reaction is extreme, and you need to find some help to get you through this process. A good place to start would be your primary care doc's office. I'm sure your local cancer center also has some support resources that would be happy to help you get through even the biopsy process. Check them out. Some companies have employee resource centers if you are employed, etc. You probably haven't noticed them if you haven't needed them before, but the beauty of them is that they are there when you need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter