Mammogram Results-I'm losing it at work, please help me.(Update!!, Pg.6, #83)

Thank you so much for reply...I went to trillium hospital as I live in Mississauga...they said they will might call back for more pic of memogram ..I went yesterday morning and still waiting for their call..though I did my ultrasound before my memogram which turn out to normal ..no msss..!but doc said memogram is different and they cannot b same result.. waiting is killing me..i think I will get a heart a track before I get result of memogram ..my doc priscribe anti Anxiety pill .. and it is also not working please help me if anyone know that how early they can call you for repeat images for memogram
I’m in Mississauga too, but I insist on going to the breast centre in Toronto at Mount Sinai. The treatment is like night and day—no call backs, no waiting, you talk to the doctor immediately. Once this is all over and they want to do follow up in six months—because they will—insist on going downtown. You’ll get better treatment and have less worry.

I got call back from hospital for repeat Mamo and ultrasound tomorrow.. if they suspicion will the biopsy will on same day?

I got call back from hospital for repeat Mamo and ultrasound tomorrow.. if they suspicion will the biopsy will on same day?
I posted on the Breast Cancer thread also, if they are very worried they will try do get things done asap. You can't say blanketedly they will do it that day, no. Some people, if they're fortunate, may hit it just right that they have an opening same day or next. When my mammogram showed what was likely cancer, all the people in the radiology dept became quite anxious, running around, saying "You need to get this biopsied asap!", and they got me in the next day. I know you're in Canada, but I'm sure if they really thought there was cause for concern, they wouldn't be laissez faire about it. So if they tell you to come back in three months or six months, there is probably not a lot of cause to worry, but it's something that bears watching. There is something called a Birad score associated with your mammogram that rates the level of suspicion. If you find out what that is, you can understand it a little more. Many people feel the way you do when they get any type of call back. But in reality, the vast majority are just something to watch.

They said they see darker area around 1.6 cm this can n cancer
I am not sure how old you are or what your history is, but if it was done around the time of your menses (period), weird things can show up from time to time. I was sent for an excisional biopsy procedure once when one radiologist freaked out about a spot he saw that was very vague. I had just finished cancer treatment so I was a wreck thinking the treatment hadn't worked. When I got to the hospital (a few weeks later) they couldn't find the spot anymore. The radiologist there told me if he'd seen that originally, he would've sent me home. Turned out the mammogram was done during that time of the month and the fluid (likely) had caused a shadowing. At any rate, it was completely gone later. My surgeon even showed up for the biopsy and offered to take that spot out anyway (which I refused, as nothing was there!). As opposed to my actual cancer that was unmistakeable. These things are really nerve wracking but most of the time they turn out to be ok. Hang in there.

I posted on the Breast Cancer thread also, if they are very worried they will try do get things done asap. You can't say blanketedly they will do it that day, no. Some people, if they're fortunate, may hit it just right that they have an opening same day or next. When my mammogram showed what was likely cancer, all the people in the radiology dept became quite anxious, running around, saying "You need to get this biopsied asap!", and they got me in the next day. I know you're in Canada, but I'm sure if they really thought there was cause for concern, they wouldn't be laissez faire about it. So if they tell you to come back in three months or six months, there is probably not a lot of cause to worry, but it's something that bears watching. There is something called a Birad score associated with your mammogram that rates the level of suspicion. If you find out what that is, you can understand it a little more. Many people feel the way you do when they get any type of call back. But in reality, the vast majority are just something to watch.
No they called me today and gave me appointment tomorrow

I am not sure how old you are or what your history is, but if it was done around the time of your menses (period), weird things can show up from time to time. I was sent for an excisional biopsy procedure once when one radiologist freaked out about a spot he saw that was very vague. I had just finished cancer treatment so I was a wreck thinking the treatment hadn't worked. When I got to the hospital (a few weeks later) they couldn't find the spot anymore. The radiologist there told me if he'd seen that originally, he would've sent me home. Turned out the mammogram was done during that time of the month and the fluid (likely) had caused a shadowing. At any rate, it was completely gone later. My surgeon even showed up for the biopsy and offered to take that spot out anyway (which I refused, as nothing was there!). As opposed to my actual cancer that was unmistakeable. These things are really nerve wracking but most of the time they turn out to be ok. Hang in there.
You are lucky to have that fast treatment in US.. here in Canada no body cares ... and it’s not possible to get it that fast and fortunate

No call back for tomorrow memogram followed by ultrasound right away...not after 3 or 6 month what if it turn out to b cancer the first lemon which I done yesterday saying that 1. 6 cm opecity is seen left Brest and some office this

I'm waiting on results of my third set of biopsies in 18 months, should have in next 36 hours. Last one was 12 weeks ago, on a different area, that one was fine but he had concerns about the initial lump I presented with-it didn't show on mammon or ultrasound, so I had to wait 10 weeks and go back, he assumed it would be gone by then. It was not! So no need for tests except the biopsy, he said it's a palpable lump and some lumps won't show on mammo. Hoping this time Tomorrow I'll gave answers, and the possibility of sleep. Trying to deal with it by being overly calm, inside I'm a mess - but think if I get any sympathy I'll fall apart.

I'm waiting on results of my third set of biopsies in 18 months, should have in next 36 hours. Last one was 12 weeks ago, on a different area, that one was fine but he had concerns about the initial lump I presented with-it didn't show on mammon or ultrasound, so I had to wait 10 weeks and go back, he assumed it would be gone by then. It was not! So no need for tests except the biopsy, he said it's a palpable lump and some lumps won't show on mammo. Hoping this time Tomorrow I'll gave answers, and the possibility of sleep. Trying to deal with it by being overly calm, inside I'm a mess - but think if I get any sympathy I'll fall apart.
My report came and it’s confirm malignancy .. what I supposed to do now ..me m my family is shattered what is it’s spread

Please reply smoke I need you guys.... I m not able to handle this
Sixteen year invasive breast cancer survivor here. You will get through it like millions of us have, too. It is devastating, no question. But take some deep breaths, you have to get through the diagnostic and planning process, which is one of the toughest parts, because you don’t have answers yet. Once you have a plan in place, you will feel better, I promise. You’ve been over there already, but we’ve had a long running BC Survivors thread since 2005 just for this reason. Lots of people there have been through this, too. Today is your fist day of survivorship! :flower3: Hang in there.

You are lucky to have that fast treatment in US.. here in Canada no body cares ... and it’s not possible to get it that fast and fortunate
I’m sorry to hear the news wasn’t a free and clear but you are getting quick care. We have wonderful doctors and hospitals here in Ontario. Get a plan in place, hunker down and fight.

Please reply smoke I need you guys.... I m not able to handle this

Sixteen year invasive breast cancer survivor here. You will get through it like millions of us have, too. It is devastating, no question. But take some deep breaths, you have to get through the diagnostic and planning process, which is one of the toughest parts, because you don’t have answers yet. Once you have a plan in place, you will feel better, I promise. You’ve been over there already, but we’ve had a long running BC Survivors thread since 2005 just for this reason. Lots of people there have been through this, too. Today is your fist day of survivorship! :flower3: Hang in there.

I’m sorry to hear the news wasn’t a free and clear but you are getting quick care. We have wonderful doctors and hospitals here in Ontario. Get a plan in place, hunker down and fight.
Sdave, listen to what is said here. And from others. You'll do great. Make sure to write your questions and concerns down on paper for when you visit with medical folks. It's easy to forget something you wanted to ask. And make sure to ask, whatever you want to. Make sure to visit the Brest Cancer survivors thread here on this board, it is for wonderful support and sounding. Wonderful people there. My wife had stage III breast cancer, diagnosed in January, 1998. She just celebrated her 21sy anniversary of remission. Hang in there, Sdave, a step at a time. :hug:'s

Got today’s ultrasound sound and memo gram report saying 2cm lobulted hypoechoic leasion, small bromine lumpnode 1.1cm. With impression of
Low probability of malignancy and suggested biopsy...
I m freaking out... what she I do ? Bi-raids is category 4
Please help me I m shattering what if it will turn out invasive stage 3or 4 cancer in biopsy?
Have consultation appointment for biopsy on 23 th may

What should I do?

Got today’s ultrasound sound and memo gram report saying 2cm lobulted hypoechoic leasion, small bromine lumpnode 1.1cm. With impression of
I m freaking out... what she I do ? Bi-raids is category 4
Please help me I m shattering what if it will turn out invasive stage 3or 4 cancer in biopsy?
Have consultation appointment for biopsy on 23 th may

What should I do?
You generally get the confirmation of malignancy with the biopsy.
That will give you more information than you have now.
You need to breathe....
Whatever it turns out to be, you will deal with it.
Do you have people around you who can support you?

BTW, what did the ultrasound show? Because the other day you said the ultrasound was normal.

My report came and it’s confirm malignancy .. what I supposed to do now ..me m my family is shattered what is it’s spread

I am totally confused!!! How did you get a "report with a confirmed malignancy" when your ultrasound report said, "low probability of malignancy and suggested biopsy"...…...this makes no sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter