Marathon Weekend 2016

Doesn't seem to work for me on a digital package, any restrictions on it?

It says it's good on any order. I think you have to put in all your info then you will see the new price just before you finalize at checkout. I wonder if it's unique to who it was sent out to. It does have my customer number at the bottom of the email. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Yes I watched that one. I have run out of videos to watch. I just posted my video however it's 33 minutes long and isn't all video it has a lot of pictures as well.

The copyright on the music shut your video down :( Maybe repost it without saying your using those songs.

I have video, but it's not online anywhere. It's nothing amazing just lots of short clips. I put a lot of pictures in my trip report though.

Have you watched this guy's videos yet,
He has one for the 5k, 10k and half so far. They are really good.

I just watched this but I have seen his videos from past years as well. I think his first name is Lee if I remember correctly. I cant believe he got a picture with Jeff Galloway. I would never ask him to stop for a pic during a race.

It's really to bad this races aren't any fun and nobody looks happy during them. Disney should work on that!

Yes I watched that one. I have run out of videos to watch. I just posted my video however it's 33 minutes long and isn't all video it has a lot of pictures as well.

I tried watching this but it said it was blocked?

I just watched this but I have seen his videos from past years as well. I think his first name is Lee if I remember correctly. I cant believe he got a picture with Jeff Galloway. I would never ask him to stop for a pic during a race.

It's really to bad this races aren't any fun and nobody looks happy during them. Disney should work on that!

I tried watching this but it said it was blocked?
I will have to look into it. I can watch it on my end and don't see an issue. Thanks for letting me know.

I think I fixed it. It seems Shut up and dance with me was the song causing problems.

Last edited:

I wouldn't call myself amazing at all. I've been working towards this for awhile, and as far as races at the end of the year go, well there's still 9+ months to train. I always need things to aim for. A lot of the races I want to do this year are actually redoing ones I failed at last year.

I will have to look into it. I can watch it on my end and don't see an issue. Thanks for letting me know.

I think I fixed it. It seems Shut up and dance with me was the song causing problems.

I was able to watch it. It was cool. One thing before I give my feedback, there was no music from right where it started the 5K footage to when everyone was on Dumbo. Is that the song that was giving you trouble?

My feedback is, I need to go back. I need to try and do Dopey to do all the races and have a reason to stay longer. The pics of Illuminations left me just staring at the screen. And I also wish I got so much more footage and pics of non race stuff.

So thank you for sharing.

Ugh, MarathonFoto! They handed out little coupon cards at the expo, but they are already expired. Tried the love2run one with no luck either.
I feel like none of the coupon codes I get from them ever work. :rolleyes:

I was able to watch it. It was cool. One thing before I give my feedback, there was no music from right where it started the 5K footage to when everyone was on Dumbo. Is that the song that was giving you trouble?

My feedback is, I need to go back. I need to try and do Dopey to do all the races and have a reason to stay longer. The pics of Illuminations left me just staring at the screen. And I also wish I got so much more footage and pics of non race stuff.

So thank you for sharing.
Yes that was supposed to be shut up and dance by walk the moon but YouTube said that had copyright issues so I had to get rid of it. Maybe I'll respond tomorrow with a different song there.

I need to go back as well. I'm having serious withdrawals. Everytime there is a race weekend that I'm not at I'm following along on Twitter or Facebook or YouTube. I wish I would have gotten more footage of actual race stuff. I have a ton of non race stuff put not a lot of race video. I hope to do dopey next year or in 2018. I will definitely be back in 2017 but for what I don't know yet.

I have video, but it's not online anywhere. It's nothing amazing just lots of short clips. I put a lot of pictures in my trip report though.

Have you watched this guy's videos yet,
He has one for the 5k, 10k and half so far. They are really good.

Lee Hoedl! He has several 2014 and pre-2014 Disney marathon weekend videos and they are fantastic. I trained for the 2015 Disney Marathon on a combination of road and treadmill and Lee Hoedl's videos got me through more long runs on the treadmill than I can remember. I mean multiple 10-milers, 15-milers, a 20-miler and a 21-miler. I love these videos and was so excited to see that he has 2016 videos out. I'm SO hoping that Lee ran the 2016 marathon, because I really need a new video and nothing is more motivating than a marathon video!

P.S. Also found a youtube video by Miguel Martin - 2014 Dopey - and really love that too.

Ugh, MarathonFoto! They handed out little coupon cards at the expo, but they are already expired. Tried the love2run one with no luck either.
I feel like none of the coupon codes I get from them ever work. :rolleyes:

Are you doing it online or calling? I had a friend that purchased some photos the day before @mbwhitti posted the code, so she called to see if they could do something. They not only applied the discount, they let her add another photo! Just a thought.

Lee Hoedl! He has several 2014 and pre-2014 Disney marathon weekend videos and they are fantastic. I trained for the 2015 Disney Marathon on a combination of road and treadmill and Lee Hoedl's videos got me through more long runs on the treadmill than I can remember. I mean multiple 10-milers, 15-milers, a 20-miler and a 21-miler. I love these videos and was so excited to see that he has 2016 videos out. I'm SO hoping that Lee ran the 2016 marathon, because I really need a new video and nothing is more motivating than a marathon video!

P.S. Also found a youtube video by Miguel Martin - 2014 Dopey - and really love that too.

Lee Hoedl doesna very good job with his video's. Waiting for the 2016 marathon to come out. Watched his 2014 video plenty of times. That helped me get thru 2015 Goofy.

I just watched, thanks for posting! ..... I wept the whole time watching and I didn't even run! So how did all you who ran it not cry for the whole race?!?!

Also looking for info. I had to defer goofy to 2017, is it possible to upgrade that to dopey once registration opens? Has anyone done something like that?

... And back to our regularly scheduled thread..... Congratulations all you runner, for whatever distance you ran, congratulations!!

I just watched, thanks for posting! ..... I wept the whole time watching and I didn't even run! So how did all you who ran it not cry for the whole race?!?!

Also looking for info. I had to defer goofy to 2017, is it possible to upgrade that to dopey once registration opens? Has anyone done something like that?

... And back to our regularly scheduled thread..... Congratulations all you runner, for whatever distance you ran, congratulations!!
I don't think you can, I think you can only defer to the same event (at least that is what the language on the GSC deferral said).

Your best bet is to sign up for Goofy with your deferral and then immediately find a TA that can transfer you to Dopey because I doubt registration will stay open long enough for RD to do the transfer themselves.

I don't think you can, I think you can only defer to the same event (at least that is what the language on the GSC deferral said).

I know my deferal only goes to original race signed up for, what keels said was what I was trying to remember.... Brain fog!

Your best bet is to sign up for Goofy with your deferral and then immediately find a TA that can transfer you to Dopey because I doubt registration will stay open long enough for RD to do the transfer themselves.

Ok this is what I had seen mentioned before. It was going through a TA that I hadn't remembered.

Still trying to decide if I am ready to take on Dopey...
I'm taking your advice Keels, and signing up for a marathon ahead of January. Always appreciate the experience you share :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter