Marathon Weekend 2017!

Runner from Brazil is hitting everyone's marathon weekend runs on Strava. :) Really wants some people to see that you tube channel.

I'm glad your race was successfully deferred! I was wondering if anyone else has received confirmation of their deferment? I'm trying to transfer to W&D 2017 and the last thing I heard is that they are working to see if they can get me in. That was this past Friday...
I'm in the same boat, I am guessing they are doing them in race order right now, trying to get the people that want the races that are coming up first squared away. Totally a guess but that was my thought on it. I am hoping W&D works out for us! If they are able to get people into the sold out Princess Half, I am hoping that we should be good too, maybe!!!

That's a first. Glad I didn't LOVE these because it's easy to pass. Still love my Marathon weekend 2015 Dooney the best. Mr. Whitti is happy I didn't love this one either. My mom went over and talked to the CMs selling the bags for like 10 minutes... I've created a Disney Dooney monster with that one. She's gone on three trips with me... each trip she comes home with a new Dooney... wonder where I get it from, lol.
I didn't love them either. I was disappointed, actually. It's almost exactly like the princess one I have, already. This is the first Disney Marathon I am running. Any tips? How do I get the virtual goody bag info? When we signed up, they said the waiver form would be available 1/24 but can't locate it. Please, any advise is helpful!

I didn't love them either. I was disappointed, actually. It's almost exactly like the princess one I have, already. This is the first Disney Marathon I am running. Any tips? How do I get the virtual goody bag info? When we signed up, they said the waiver form would be available 1/24 but can't locate it. Please, any advise is helpful!

The goody bag and waivers for the marathon won't be available until mid or late December.

Hey @DopeyBadger, remember the PDF you put out a few weeks ago as a reminder to us of the goals we set back in April for the weekend? I think it's about time we check in on how we did.

My goals in the file were: Get to the race. Secondary Goal - Ride ToT, RnR, and TT. A beer along the way is a given.

I skipped Test Track but knocked out all the rest. How did everyone else do?

WOW! Sorry I missed this. You can thank @SheHulk for liking my post prior to this. So, on April 27th, 2016 (about 8.5 months prior to Marathon weekend) these were everyone's goals.

Looks like mine was Top 100 Dopey and cumulative Dopey time under 6:30. I ended up finishing 43rd in Dopey (unofficially) and my cumulative time was undeterminable because of the cancelled half marathon. If I were to take an educated guess I'd say I would have gotten the 6:30 time goal as well. My 5K+10K was 1:04:27. I was probably good for a 1:35 HM at least. Which means I would have needed around a 3:50 for the marathon. I ran a 3:20 without the half marathon, so it's at least reasonable that I could have gotten a 3:50 with the HM. Although who knows because it didn't happen...

Attachments

• Marathon Weekend Disboard Goals 2017.pdf
    29.4 KB · Views: 17
My Goal was: Complete the Dopey. Enjoy the 5K with family and friends. For the 10K and half have fun and get character photos. For the full, it's all about finishing. I'm sure a few photos, but I want to finish and get my Dopey medal.

My result: I completed Dopey as it was presented. Of course we didn't know going in the half would be cancelled but it is what it is and I did every other race. I had a lot of fun with my family and friends at the 5K, I enjoyed the 10K but only got one character due to the incredibly long lines. I finished that full, got character photos, and got my Dopey medal. I would consider that a success.

My goal was: I'm all about the pictures. :) I'm desperately hoping they may have the Royal Donald, Mickey and Minnie.

My result: Sadly no Royal Donald, Mickey or Minnie. I did do great on character pics though. Can't recall how many I got but I was very happywith it.

Our goals were some character pics (Dopey and Mickey were a must), finish each race before the balloon ladies, ride EE during the full, drink champagne during the last mile of the full, have fun during each run, and to not feel dead the day after the Dopey was completed.

We met each goal, but were disappointed we missed the photo with C3PO; he went on break just before we were at the head of the line! Running a 'pretend' half around the resorts was great fun too!

My goal was to go, run Dopey relatively easy, and finish with better times than I had in the 2016 WDWMW for the 10k, half and full. I accomplished everything that I was able to and had a great time meeting up with people from here. Still need to go back and do a legit Dopey, though. I guess 2018 was just meant to be.

My goal was to complete Dopey in under 7:45, due to the Half cancellation I guess I can't say I did or didn't. But I completed the other three in 5:45 and I likely would have been able to run the Half in under 2 hours, so it was attainable, but no way to know for sure. Good news though, now I have a goal for next year!

My goal was to stay injury free in training, run with my daughter and have fun. Well I didn't get injured till the day AFTER the marathon, and due to the half being cancelled I did get to participate with my daughter (although different corrals) and we had a blast so I'd say goals MET! :)

Yay! Just got my email from runDisney to transfer to W&D 2017!!!
I did too! We are now in for the W&D! We wanted to do the challenge but runDisney told me we would have to each pay $45 to cancel the half marathon registration on top of the extra challenge cost. Given that we weren't expecting to be making a second trip to WDW this year, we decided to 'just' do the half and keep this as low in cost as possible...

Haven't run a single mile since the marathon on the 8th. Have zero desire. This was my fourth marathon and is quite possibly my last. Anybody else in this boat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter