Marathon Weekend 2018

Soo, I may be joining in the fun at Marathon Weekend after all! The travel agent I was in touch with contacted me the other day and due to a cancellation, he has a room available at Coronado Springs for Thursday-Sunday, along with the half marathon bib. It's not official yet but I have to contact him again after the holiday weekend to get the reservation and payment made.

One of the things he needs from me is my annual pass number so RunDisney can confirm and waive the ticket requirement. Does anyone know where I find this number and how many digits I'd be looking for?

Welcome aboard! I'll be at Coronado Springs as well.

The AP number is on the back of your plastic AP card. It's 10-12 digits or so long. I don't have mine with me to see exactly how many.

ETA: You may want to put in a request for a specific building at CSR. It's a big resort and the furthest buildings can be 3/4 mile from the entrance and food court. Not a great combo for Marathon Weekend! I asked for the Cabanas.

The AP number is on the back of your plastic AP card. It's 10-12 digits or so long. I don't have mine with me to see exactly how many.
Perfect. That's what I figured since it was the only place I saw a number.

ETA: You may want to put in a request for a specific building at CSR. It's a big resort and the furthest buildings can be 3/4 mile from the entrance and food court. Not a great combo for Marathon Weekend! I asked for the Cabanas.
CSR is also under a lot of construction right now.

Got in six easy paced miles today and feel good. I won’t be running as much during actual dopey but I feel great. I think I’m ready and this is probably overkill at this point.

Good job! It is quite hot where I am, so I am having to pull back on how far I go (but I do keep telling myself if I made it through the DLH this year I can make it through any summer run!). I am hoping that limited miles is heat will translate to better fitness for cooler weather in January.

Good job! It is quite hot where I am, so I am having to pull back on how far I go (but I do keep telling myself if I made it through the DLH this year I can make it through any summer run!). I am hoping that limited miles is heat will translate to better fitness for cooler weather in January.

I hope so too! It was already mid-70s when I ran today and tomorrow I'll do my 10-12 miles starting before sunrise. You will do just fine - sometimes it's even okay to have rest days too.

If we can survive the DLH this year, we can do anything. :P

Our weather has been a typical roller coaster. One day Im wearing tights, gloves and a skull cap and the next day im a singlet and sockless. 12 miles today before a weekend filled with football.

Thanksgiving leftovers finally went in the trash (except for the turkey and veggies) and time to get this thing back on track.

Our weather has been a typical roller coaster. One day Im wearing tights, gloves and a skull cap and the next day im a singlet and sockless. 12 miles today before a weekend filled with football.

Our weather has been nuts too, Monday & Tuesday were low 40s & crazy crazy wind, then 14 degrees in the morning Wednesday, calm & nice Thanksgiving, than yesterday it was almost hitting 70 at noon with winds but running in shorts felt amazing, a couple nicer days this weekend too than colder again! It's so hard for knowing what to wear when changes so much even during a run , but I will take it warmer over colder anyday. Haha yeah Thanksgiving is all gone too!

I feel were on like the last stretch now that Thanksgiving is over. It will be Christmas before we know it than boom it's marathon time!

Had the last two days off. Got a nice 12 miler and 9 miler in earlier this week. But we were up in Hershey for Thanksgiving so I ended up walking for a run sub. Then the next two days are travel and my trainer has a ‘no run on travel day policy’. Next couple of weeks are going to be fun with finals. Froze my butt off at Hersheypark but it was fun.

Can I ask this here?

Last time we were at Disney was pre-metal detectors (8/15) what is the deal with them now? How much time should I add to our travel time because of them?

Can I ask this here?

Last time we were at Disney was pre-metal detectors (8/15) what is the deal with them now? How much time should I add to our travel time because of them?

Short answer: it adds very little time, if any at all. A few factors to consider; time of day you're going and which park. On our last visit in October, we were never "randomly selected" for the metal detectors at AK, MK or DHS. Entering Epcot through IG is probably the biggest bottleneck since there are only two security lines and everyone has to go through the metal detectors. Other's experiences may be different but that was ours.

Short answer: it adds very little time, if any at all. A few factors to consider; time of day you're going and which park. On our last visit in October, we were never "randomly selected" for the metal detectors at AK, MK or DHS. Entering Epcot through IG is probably the biggest bottleneck since there are only two security lines and everyone has to go through the metal detectors. Other's experiences may be different but that was ours.
Also, there is not a "no bag line" at the International Gate. Waiting through everyone else's bag check takes a lot more time than metal detectors.

I'm ready for it to be Marathon Weekend - who else is with me?

Three weeks until I'm on my way back to the House of Mouse ...

Noooooooo. I have a few cheeky days in Vegas and a Christmas cruise through the Caribbean before I get to WDW on NYE. So whilst I am ready for my holiday to start - I'm not quite ready for marathon weekend just yet :P

Noooooooo. I have a few cheeky days in Vegas and a Christmas cruise through the Caribbean before I get to WDW on NYE. So whilst I am ready for my holiday to start - I'm not quite ready for marathon weekend just yet :P

I'll allow it!! Also - I'm SUPER JEALOUS!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone had a great week. As always Sundays are for Disney.

Today’s question: You can only pick one race during marathon weekend to run, which would it be and why?

My answer: The marathon. While the most difficult of them it’s an incredible race. You run through all four theme parks and have opportunities to ride attractions. As a Disney fan it is a great way to see the resort from a different perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter