My heart just skipped a beat... That is my dream! No, wait... My dream is to have my own flat in central London! (If it isn't obvious, London is my favorite city in the world.)

Awwwww!

I have a REALLY large family (like 20 cousins before we all started getting married), and a bunch of us studied abroad - so our parents all went in together on one! It's really paid dividends!

Le Meurice is BEAUTIFUL! And right by the Tuileries! You will have a wonderful time there! Definitely plan for brunch there if it's not already on your foodie schedule!

No tour for us ... my family has a flat in Central London and we usually use that as a "home base" and then travel back and forth from there so we don't have to drag a lot of crap around with us. We tend to go for about three weeks when we go to Europe to visit a couple of places. Last time, we rented an apartment down by the Bastille (I just LOVE that area), but this time I have us staying at Plaza Athenee and Hotel de Crillon before we go back to London for a couple of days and then to Barcelona. No real plans other than I usually take a cooking class or two, and then meals at ASPIC and Le Cinq.

I wish we could do the brunch there but the Sunday we are there - that morning is the visit to Rouen and Church of St Joan of Arc + Tour of Claude Monet's home.

I do plan on going to a 3 Michelin Star in Paris. I just haven't decided which one yet. Part of me wants to do Guy Savoy just so I can say I ate there but the practical side of me thinks that I should choose one of the cheaper options.

Belated Sunday answer:
WDW 8 times
DL 2 times

Races
WDW Marathon weekend 5k
DL Tinkerbell HM
W&D 5k

As you can see the majority of my races are non run-Disney. If I lived closer I'd get an AP and attend every race!

Best non-Disney vacation - we go to a lake/beach house in Michigan. It's not fancy, but it's a total "turn your brain off from the world" kind of place :)

Where’s your favorite non-Disney place that you’ve visited?

That's tough. So far, I'd have to go with Iceland. Just an absolutely stunningly beautiful country. We visited in November so that we could see the auroras, so everything was snow covered. I'd love to go back during the summer time and see it all green, too. London and Paris are not far behind, though.

As you can see the majority of my races are non run-Disney. If I lived closer I'd get an AP and attend every race!

Best non-Disney vacation - we go to a lake/beach house in Michigan. It's not fancy, but it's a total "turn your brain off from the world" kind of place :)

My company is hiring if anyone wants to move to Southwest Florida (and you qualify)

~ HR Manager
~ Welder
~ CNC Machinist (Highly Skilled)
~ Maintenance (Mechanical/Electrical)

Are you going with a group or on your own? We’re going with Tauck as they were awesome for Italy and I like not having to deal with logistic planning going place to place. It’s hitting the highlights we would want along with extras. Super excited for our Paris hotel - Le Meurice!

You must have the hot chocolate at Angelina's (off the lobby of Le Meurice). It's like liquid chocolate mousse. Throw in a dessert as well. That's one of the benefits of all the running that we all do!

The wife and I are headed to Paris in May for our anniversary/her birthday, so I'm noting all of these suggestions. Thanks!

We also love to travel to non-Disney destinations. My children have already traveled all over Europe hitting six countries to date. They will get to add Italy this summer on the front end of a Greece trip. My wife's family is Greek, and from a very small island (where Mamma Mia was filmed), so we go to that island every few years or so for a family vacation.

We are also big hikers. Once our kids were old enough a few years ago, we started hitting some national parks. So far we've done Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Zion, Capitol Reef and Bryce. They can easily keep up with us on long 8-10 mile hikes. Working on planning a trip to Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon for 2019.

Our last few Disney visits have all been as part of a RunDisney event. We pretty much turn them into runcations. Hit a park or two each time and do the races.

Sunday’s are for Disney:
I debated answering this, because we don’t go all of the time. As much as I love WDW, we love to discover and travel to other places too!
I’ve been 3x in my adult life and 1x to DL. We also went one time as a kid to WDW, which is one of my all time favorite childhood memories! I do love all things Disney and learning about the parks, so I feel like I’ve been more!

Oops! I forgot to add that I've done 1 runDisney race- the 2017 Princess Half.

Alaska is totally on my bucket list! I have family in Vancouver so I'm thinking a cruise out of there will kill two birds with one stone. (Hoping to visit my uncles and aunts as my dad is the youngest before too long.)

You should! When we went 2 years ago, we started our cruise in Vancouver and then afterward spent 4 days on land in Denali. I don't love cruises, but it was a great way to see so much of Alaska and the glaciers!

I love reading about everyone's favorite non-Disney vacations :) I think Iceland would be at the top of my list too but Belize is pretty high up there as well. I'd love to go to Alaska, I went on a Alaska cruise with my family as a kid but I'd love to go back and see it again as an adult.

I haven't been that many cool places yet outside of Disney. I have been to North Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, Minnesota, and Kentucky. Mainly all for sports related things too. Lots of baseball events.

Today's Sundays are for Disney question: how many times have you been to a Disney park and how many runDisney events have you done?
Disney parks? I can't even begin to guess - well over 100 days. 200? More? IDK. I live 90 miles away from WDW and have been going regularly for day trips and overnight vacations for more than 20 years.
rD events... 30ish? I need to post so I can see my signature and count, lol!
ETA: not a bad guess! 30 including the upcoming PHM weekend.

Last edited:
Sunday's Question:

Disneyland- 5 times
WDW- 4 times
rD events- Princess 2016, Marathon 2018 :)

I love traveling- both to Disney and other places. The world is so amazing and beautiful and getting to see different types of places and people is pretty much my favorite thing to do.

Today's Sundays are for Disney question: how many times have you been to a Disney park and how many runDisney events have you done?
Disneyland: 7
WDW: 1
Paris: 1
runDisney events: 6

My mom claims she took me to DL when I was a kid, but pics or it didn't happen, mom. So the first time I went to DL I was in high school, then I went again for my Senior trip. I lived in Europe for three year while in the military, so my husband and I hit up Disneyland Paris in about 2008. I didn't go back to Disneyland/DCA until 2014 for my first runDisney race, the Dumbo Double Dare! And I have been back at least once a year since then. We live relatively close and we love California, so I will go to DL at least once a year for the rest of my life. I don't plan on going back to WDW until Dopey 2019 and I plan on going back to Paris in 2019 as well to get the Castle to Chateau.

Sunday question:

WDW: twice

rd: 2017 Marathon.

The wife and I try to travel outside of disney in the non Disney years. In 2015, it was to the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Turkey, Kazakhstan and Germany. 2017 was Israel and India.

Our disney trip in early 2017 was for our honeymoon and we started planning and saving for our early 2019 trip when we got back!

We also love to travel to non-Disney destinations. My children have already traveled all over Europe hitting six countries to date. They will get to add Italy this summer on the front end of a Greece trip. My wife's family is Greek, and from a very small island (where Mamma Mia was filmed), so we go to that island every few years or so for a family vacation.

We are also big hikers. Once our kids were old enough a few years ago, we started hitting some national parks. So far we've done Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Zion, Capitol Reef and Bryce. They can easily keep up with us on long 8-10 mile hikes. Working on planning a trip to Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon for 2019.

Our last few Disney visits have all been as part of a RunDisney event. We pretty much turn them into runcations. Hit a park or two each time and do the races.

I’m doing Zion and Bryce in late May/early June!

It's not certain yet by any means but the more I think about it I am not sure I will be at Marathon Weekend 2019. I think my big 2019 trip will be Disneyland which I have never been to. I also want to do Wine and Dine 2018 so I likely wouldn't return to WDW until marathon weekend 2020.

Of course this could all change tomorrow since I really do enjoy Marathon Weekend with all of the people and the races.

It's not certain yet by any means but the more I think about it I am not sure I will be at Marathon Weekend 2019. I think my big 2019 trip will be Disneyland which I have never been to. I also want to do Wine and Dine 2018 so I likely wouldn't return to WDW until marathon weekend 2020.

Of course this could all change tomorrow since I really do enjoy Marathon Weekend with all of the people and the races.

Looks like you need to get a decent internship this summer to pay for all of this fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter