Sunday's are for Disney answer:

I miss the old Fastpass system, especially for runDisney trips. I really don't like having to lock in every day 2 months in advance. We really liked the ability to change the order/days we were going to particular parks based on how we were feeling, or weather, or drop a day for resting and make it up a different time. With scheduled Fastpasses, this is a lot harder to do, and has really started to wear on us during our trips.

I was just thinking yesterday how the FP+ system has rendered park hopper pointless for me. I just feel locked into each park. I know I can book new fast passes, but often times I have to spread them out to get what I want.

Sundays are for Disney (and I guess so are Mondays)
I miss old Epcot...
Original Figment/Journey
Original Imageworks
World of Motion
Horizons
Future World Minnie/Mickey/Goofy/Pluto in the rainbow astronaut getups
And whatever the kid's meal was circa 1986 at the Mexican pavilion. I dream of those taquito things still to this day.

I realize the older attractions might be pretty bad and dated if they were still there...but nostalgia!

Sundays are for Disney (totally ok for me to answer despite knowing I probably won’t be at marathon weekend next year right?!?): I really miss Spectromagic and the Osborne Lights.

Anyway, onto this week's Sundays are for Disney question... What is something (attraction, show, menu item, literally anything!) that is no longer at Disney that you wish was still there?
If I can only pick one, it's the Osborne Lights, hands down. That was our annual holiday tradition from my son's first year until it ended and we miss it terribly.

If I can add others, I'm another who misses old, educational EP: World of Motion, Horizons, old SE, Wonders of Life... sigh. At MK I miss Dreamflight and Timekeeper, Snow White, and most of all, Mr. Toad. I loved the Backlot Tour at DHS, and we'll miss GMR very much. And last, but not at all least, RIP Lighthouse Sandwich at Columbia Harbor House.

There are a lot of things and this isn't even everything...

Wasabi Shrimp Salad at California Grill
Empress Lily at Disney Springs
Adventurer's Club
Comedy Warehouse
Osburne Lights
Maelstrom
Miyuki
Earful Tower

So many good things on this list. I really wish I could have experienced the adventurers club. I really miss Osbourne lights.

I miss the animation drawing thing at Studios, Osborne lights and Malestrom.

Even though I never knew about it until it was closed, River Country seems like it would have been neat to visit.

I loved drawing at the studios. That was so much fun and a neat way to create a souvenir.

I miss wishes too. It was my first nighttime spectacular as an adult and I have a much stronger emotional connection to it than to HEA.

Hands down the runDisney thing I miss most at WDW is the Expedition Everest Challenge. I loved that race.

One more for the list of people who miss the old FP system at WDW. I used to be able to hoard fastpasses for the busiest time of day, without regard for return times. It entailed a lot of cross-crossing the parks, but my friends and family were in awe of how much we could get done. I’m a lot lazier these days, but I still had fun maximizing fastpasses at Shanghai & Tokyo Disney, as well as stacking fastpasses across both parks in Disneyland Paris. I’m a flight attendant, and many of my international trips are spontaneous in comparison to my marathon weekend routine, so it was a huge advantage to be able to line up for rope drop and strategize with paper fastpasses.

One more for the list of people who miss the old FP system at WDW. I used to be able to hoard fastpasses for the busiest time of day, without regard for return times. It entailed a lot of cross-crossing the parks, but my friends and family were in awe of how much we could get done. I’m a lot lazier these days, but I still had fun maximizing fastpasses at Shanghai & Tokyo Disney, as well as stacking fastpasses across both parks in Disneyland Paris. I’m a flight attendant, and many of my international trips are spontaneous in comparison to my marathon weekend routine, so it was a huge advantage to be able to line up for rope drop and strategize with paper fastpasses.
Yeah the fact that they didn't enforce return times made it really easy to take advantage of the system particularly if you could get there at rope drop before the park got crowded.

Sundays are for Disney:

I am not a frequent visitor to WDW, but I was able to catch both Osborne Lights and Alien Encounter on earlier trips... and loved them both - so I will miss not seeing them on future trips.

As for the Disneyland Resort (which I frequent much more often) - I really, really miss the PeopleMover. Yes, it's a simple ride - but it rarely had a line, was a great break from the crowds and more intense rides, gave a unique viewpoint into other TL attractions, and really created a sense of motion and activity in Tomorrowland. As it is now... TL truly feels less alive without it. I love riding it at MK when I'm there.

I’m in for the half, I think. Marathon this year was my worst race pace of all time (caught a cold Friday), felt terrible the whole time but finished, and didn’t do any meet ups. But i like that the half is on Saturday and maybe we’ll spectate for the full. :)

Today's Sundays are for Disney question: how many times have you been to a Disney park and how many runDisney events have you done?
Hundreds of WDW visits; we’ve been APHs since the late 90s and lived in Orlando 7 years, it was a nice thing to do on the weekends. Disneyland three times, all race weekends.

Race weekends:
2013: PHM, W&D
2014: TOT 10-Miler
2015: SWHM, PHM
2016: Marathon, SWDS, Tink, W&D
2017: Marathon, SWHM, SWDS
2018: Marathon, SWDS

Well that's another thing I am changing from engineering to architecture. I feel that fits me better. I also changed schools.

Ooh, exciting! What school?

Anyway, onto this week's Sundays are for Disney question... What is something (attraction, show, menu item, literally anything!) that is no longer at Disney that you wish was still there?

Going to echo a lot of folks: Osborne Lights, classic Epcot, 20,000 Leagues, Skyway, TOT 10-Miler. And lots I’m forgetting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter