Seriously considering going all out for my half next weekend to try and make the potential corral A cutoff. The worst that could happen is I completely bonk, but I have a half PR from April of this year so I think I'd be okay with that....hmmmm....

Kristin that half is actually short so that should help you. It is routinely .5 miles short. The only thing is one hill about mile 7 but after that you should be able to PR and probably move up to A.

Kristin that half is actually short so that should help you. It is routinely .5 miles short. The only thing is one hill about mile 7 but after that you should be able to PR and probably move up to A.

Oh man, but then I feel like I am cheating! LOL.

I just thought about how I should try to ride EE during the race because it will be the only time I go to AK during this trip and probably my only chance to ride it. What are the logistics I need to know to execute this?...

Keels was right about the quick response. Here's what I got:

Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out about the WDW Marathon Weekend and proof of time. We had our verifier do the calculation for you and the results are as follows:

10 Mile with a finish time of 1:45:00 = estimated 4:58:00 Marathon Finish
Half Marathon with finish time of 2:22:00 = estimated 5:00:00 Marathon Finish

We wish you magical miles as you prepare for your upcoming events.

Thank you,
Track Shack Events on behalf of runDisney

So ... there's some data for the math. Off by a few seconds, but close to what we expected from @DopeyBadger's chart.

One thing I notice is that "We had our verifier do the calculation for you..." is not the same as the "We had our verifier do the industry standard calculation..." response other folks are getting from Disney. The former suggests there is a formula of some sort exists (which @DopeyBadger seems to have nailed down to some degree of accuracy). The latter sounds a lot more like boilerplate language that will give them an out if things change between now and the race.

I just thought about how I should try to ride EE during the race because it will be the only time I go to AK during this trip and probably my only chance to ride it. What are the logistics I need to know to execute this?...
Ride doesn’t open until 9AM sometimes it may open a few minutes early but don’t expect that. So try to estimate your arrival for EE right about 9AM. Single rider is usually open so that is an option. My first year I did single rider this year I waited in regular standby. The line typically moves quick. It’s basically right at the 13.1 mike marker.

Ride doesn’t open until 9AM sometimes it may open a few minutes early but don’t expect that. So try to estimate your arrival for EE right about 9AM. Single rider is usually open so that is an option. My first year I did single rider this year I waited in regular standby. The line typically moves quick. It’s basically right at the 13.1 mike marker.
Ugh. Okay. Thanks Panda. Obviously this is fine but in my head I don't want to run for 6 hours but who knows how I will feel by Marathon day after 3 early mornings and probably late nights and booze.

Ugh. Okay. Thanks Panda. Obviously this is fine but in my head I don't want to run for 6 hours but who knows how I will feel by Marathon day after 3 early mornings and probably late nights and booze.
I didn’t know how I’d feel after I did it either but I actually felt great coming out of it.

We did not do parks at the last WDW marathon weekend so I rode EE as my only ride of the trip! Got there about 9:25 due to many character stops. First got in the regular line, then saw single rider line. Should have stayed in regular line - it moved way faster than our line. Looking back at my stats for that mile, it took me 26 minutes and I was moving for 17 of those minutes. The miles before and after I averaged 14 mm's (I had the flu!) so it looks like I was in line for 12 minutes? I think. Lol #nomath!

ETA: I also had a 3:31 pace in that mile, lol!

All this corral talk has me saying I just hope I'm not in the last corral. It would be insane if my upcoming race lands get me proof of time for marathon weekend. But that's where I'm at. I can live with it. Maybe I'll try Everest or Tower of Terror, but we'll have to see where I'm at when I reach those points. Can you scan the photo to your magicband without it having actually scanned into the park?

My only worry is I haven't run more than 10 miles since January. I have a base but the distance isn't there right now. And its just under 2 months away now.
When I registered for 2017 Avengers, my last long run was the Dark Side Half. All runs since then had been shorter than 5 miles, possibly even 4. I hadn't ran in 6 weeks period. All this 3 weeks before the race. I finished, which was my goal.

What I'm really trying to say here is that you are probably more prepared for a race 10 weeks out than I was for a race 3 weeks out.

I got to the EE line at 8:55 and the ride was open. This was the line.

IMG_2429.jpg

Took about 10 minutes to get through and onto the ride. It was a pretty cold morning and even colder when you're zipping around on a roller coaster. Brrrr! But so worth it!

IMG_2431.jpg

Looking back at my stats for that mile, it took me 26 minutes and I was moving for 17 of those minutes.
26 minutes? Wow, that's not bad at all! I've skipped EE so far in my 3 WDW marathons firstly because I've been stuck on it once and it took nearly an hour to be released - and I am in no way fast enough to make that up in a race, and secondly because I really thought it would tack an extra 30+ minutes to my time. I'm still not sure I'm ready to risk getting stuck, but it's good to know if all goes well, I could handle the extra time it takes to ride!

26 minutes? Wow, that's not bad at all! I've skipped EE so far in my 3 WDW marathons firstly because I've been stuck on it once and it took nearly an hour to be released - and I am in no way fast enough to make that up in a race, and secondly because I really thought it would tack an extra 30+ minutes to my time. I'm still not sure I'm ready to risk getting stuck, but it's good to know if all goes well, I could handle the extra time it takes to ride!

Yes, and that counts running the rest of that mile. So I wasn't in line that long. It just seemed like it when you watch everyone run past you and your texting group is telling you that the balloon ladies are 1.5 miles behind you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter