I'm so far behind, but I finally thought of some magical moments.

When I was probably 8 we went to WDW and were visiting the Magic Kingdom. This was back when characters just randomly walked around the parks and didn't have scheduled meet and greet times or fastpasses (at least that I remember). We were walking through Fantasyland and I was a little bit ahead of my parents when Chip and Dale ran up behind us and one of them scooped me up and kept running with me in his arms. I'm still not sure which one it was, but I have loved them so much since then and always try to get my picture with them whenever I can. At the end of the marathon this year, they were at the finish line and I got to give them a high five as I crossed. One of my favorite finishes ever, just a little sad you can't see him very well in the pics I got.
disney 1.jpg

My second is from the Princess Half this year. Somehow I ended up basically alone at the finish and Princess Minne was still there, so I was able to high five her and get multiple finish line pics of the moment. I absolutely love them, it made my AP completely worth it just for that picture. LOL
disney 2.jpg

I'm so far behind, but I finally thought of some magical moments.

When I was probably 8 we went to WDW and were visiting the Magic Kingdom. This was back when characters just randomly walked around the parks and didn't have scheduled meet and greet times or fastpasses (at least that I remember). We were walking through Fantasyland and I was a little bit ahead of my parents when Chip and Dale ran up behind us and one of them scooped me up and kept running with me in his arms. I'm still not sure which one it was, but I have loved them so much since then and always try to get my picture with them whenever I can. At the end of the marathon this year, they were at the finish line and I got to give them a high five as I crossed. One of my favorite finishes ever, just a little sad you can't see him very well in the pics I got.
View attachment 345558

My second is from the Princess Half this year. Somehow I ended up basically alone at the finish and Princess Minne was still there, so I was able to high five her and get multiple finish line pics of the moment. I absolutely love them, it made my AP completely worth it just for that picture. LOL
View attachment 345559

I feel like your picture with Minnie should be a rD advertisement! Love it!

Catching up and I love these stories. Can I sign up for the keg of beer and medal neighborhood race?

Some good magic from roxyfamily:
1) Last year in Pandora I tried to use the mobile app at Satuli and it did not work. So I fruitlessly tried to do it again while next to the real line. A woman and her daughter waved me over and bought my family's dinner with her meal plan. They were leaving the next day and had extras. Went from frustrated to really touched in minutes.
2) The year of 1000 dreams (or whatever) we got the magic parking ticket at the gates of Animal Kingdom and got the very front spots for our car and my dad's behind us. Was pretty awesome for a family that loves good parking!
3) Our final park morning of marathon weekend back in 2015; we made a dining reservation for CRT before park open and magically got to watch all the final runners of the HM go under the castle. Anna/Elsa/Kristoff and Olaf were doing the waving and raining snow thing and absolutley doted over my then three year old daughter along with all the bibbidi bobbidi ladies after the final bikes passed and before they went offstage. I hope our cheering for the runners got a few of them farther. Defintely made me want to do the HM someday (hey how about 2019?) That morning while the adults rode a bunch of rides me and kiddo (who was over lines and rides) just meandered through empty park. She got to decorate the Christmas shops tree and got a free ornament and she got to unlock the Momento Morie shop and got to do a magic mirror thing and was given a bright green cotton candy. We also played with the WDW ducks. Overall...unexpected magic...we'll never try to replicate,it just happened organically.

My daughter was dressed up as the Red Power Ranger and as she walks up to Pirate Goofy he starts doing ninja moves. She joins in and we got a bunch of really fun pictures of them doing these weird ninja moves together. He spent a good 2 minutes goofing around with her before we walk up and get a group picture together. He was probably the most fun character I have ever met.
Goofy can be so much fun to meet for that very reason. On more than one occasion he saw my Darth Goofy pin and began to Force choke me. The day of the 2016 Star Wars 10K in Disneyland, I finally found the talking Jedi Mickey and Darth Goofy plush toys. I mean how awesome is it that Darth Goofy says "Gwarsh, I am your father" or "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am. Seriously, he's not." So with my new prizes in hand, I manage to find Mickey on Main Street. He thinks it's cool that he's a plush toy. Minnie thinks that Jedi Mickey plush toy is the newest cutest thing in the world that she's ever seen and hugs him as tight as she can. And then comes Goofy. First he decides to have Jedi Mickey lightsaber duel with Darth Goofy. But then he decides that the thing he wants most in the world is a plush toy of him as Darth Vader, so he pretends to run away with it and eventually gives it back reluctantly after much protest. I'm laughing the whole time, even as the CMs tell me that he really will bring it back.

In short, because he's Goofy, he gets to make mischief similar to Chip and Dale.

The bold part is the most important part. Haha.
Friends: "How much is the race?"
Me: "Liiiiike $600."
F: ....
Me: ....
F: ....
Me: BUT I GET SIX MEDALS!!!!
So much of runDisney is the experience whether it be characters, running through relatively empty parks, or special moments in those parks. My favorite two movies are Star Wars and Sleeping Beauty. As part of the 2012 Coast to Coast, I got a photo with Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland and Darth Vader in front of the Jedi Training Academy stage which looks like the bunker on the forest moon of Endor. While the medals are a huge part of that experience, I think we continue to come back because of all the other elements of the runDisney experience. It's not a $600 race. It's 4 consecutive races in Disney World with extra special medals for completing all 4 races.

Overall...unexpected magic...we'll never try to replicate,it just happened organically.
I love how you phrased that. Sometimes I think people define what they want magic to be instead of letting it happen organically. If you try to specifically define that magic, you may wind up very disappointed. But when you let it unfold you can appreciate the moments as they unfold.

For those of you doing Dopey, these are super cute :)

10012738-GreySevenDwarvesPrintedCanvasWomensAlpargata-S1-1450x1015.jpg

https://www.toms.com/women/disney-x...suVbw9YyIcyvuXeBJ2kMBNg48831x-NBoC1lIQAvD_BwE

Definitely. People think I am absolutely nuts for paying that. I had a family friend joke saying he’d get me a keg of beer and give me a medal for way less if I ran around his neighborhood.

Count me in as well, but it needs to be good beer!

There's plenty of beer on offer along the RnR NOLA course too, BTW ...

Didnt you say you live on the course or something? Its a February race right? I am considering the half for this or the Zydeco Marathon in early March. WDW Marathon results will likely determine which route I go.

Count me in as well, but it needs to be good beer!

Didnt you say you live on the course or something? Its a February race right? I am considering the half for this or the Zydeco Marathon in early March. WDW Marathon results will likely determine which route I go.

E719FD5A-F4D1-4EC4-8B08-C6A486AE3407.jpeg

My house is right there, give or take a block! I couldn’t zoom in more on the map, but I’m two blocks off Magazine and four blocks off St. Charles - both before Napoleon.

EDIT - an eight-minute walk from the Mile 6 marker.

View attachment 345752

My house is right there, give or take a block! I couldn’t zoom in more on the map, but I’m two blocks off Magazine and four blocks off St. Charles - both before Napoleon.

Upon further review I may not be running that one. Its basically a month after WDW. I may run it but I'm leaning towards the Zydeco Marathon Half in March which would give me enough time to recover from the full and perhaps make a few gains for a half. It really all depends on how the WDW marathon goes. For not its a TBD.

View attachment 345752

Your map makes me miss my 4 years in NOLA something fierce. I loved Magazine St. and ate more Juan's Flying Burritos than is truly healthy. So Good!
And why aren't all streets as fun to say as Tchoupitoulas??
Sigh....memories...misty memories

I do like to forget about August humidity though

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! 135 days until marathon weekend kicks off!

So, yesterday my daughters and I watched a few Disney food videos on YouTube, trying to come up with ideas for spending our snack credits (hello, pulled pork mac and cheese!). Naturally, that's got me thinking about food today.

This week's Sundays are for Disney is a simple one: what are your favorite (non-Disney Springs, I'm saving that for another week) table service and counter service restaurants on property? If you feel like it, throw your favorite menu item from those restaurants in there, too.

Here are mine:

Table service: Ohana. We've only done Ohana twice, but it is - hands down - my family's favorite TS. The menu has something for everyone, the setting and ambiance is great (our first time, my daughters and I hula danced and we caught Wishes!) and it's great visiting a deluxe resort. The proximity to MK is awesome, too. Favorite menu item: honey coriander wings.

Quick Service: Columbia Harbour House. My only must-do QS for every trip. I just love this place. Sitting upstairs is generally nice and quiet. I only get one thing there and I love it: the fried shrimp.

All of this said, we are trying out a few restaurants this next trip that I hope challenge the throne, including Boma, Trail's End and Flame Tree BBQ.

...and now I'm hungry! Have a great week, everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter