• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service - I really enjoy Satuli Canteen. The tofu & potato hash is my choice of bowl.

Table Service - I really enjoy Yak & Yeti and what ever vegetarian dish. Trail's End is always a nice meal too as I just enjoy going over to Fort Wilderness.

Since you aren't letting me include Disney Springs:

Table Service: Tiffins. The quality of the food is amazing along with having flavors that are unique versus many of the other restaurants around property. I enjoy their wine and beer selection as well.

Quick Service: I don't really eat a lot of quick service as I'm more a table service type. I do love Boulangerie Patisserie Les Halles in France when I just want some carbs. My husband and I had an awesome lunch at Cosmic Ray's this past April that I remember being very happy with but that could have been post race hunger calling out.

This is kinda tough!

TS: Rose & Crown. Always have a great meal there and the location is great. CM servers are always friendly and attentive. My kids and I always get the Fish & Chips and DH usually gets a burger

CS: I'm going with Satuli Canteen as well. Again with the Tofu and chimichurri (I know that's spelled wrong and I'm too lazy today to fix it) sauce.

In other news, my training plan starts TOMORROW!!! WOAH!

TS: California Grill- the filet with whatever seasonal accompaniment is always a winner. They have also always knocked it out of the park with off menu sushi. I’m able to tell them what I’m feeling and they always create something amazing.

CS: Does Trader Sams count? I love the spicy tuna roll. Otherwise, I guess Satuli even though I’ve only eaten there once. I don’t go to counter service often so I don’t have a favorite.

This week's Sundays are for Disney is a simple one: what are your favorite (non-Disney Springs, I'm saving that for another week) table service and counter service restaurants on property? If you feel like it, throw your favorite menu item from those restaurants in there, too.
Oh man this is tough.

Table service: Inside the parks I have to go with Tiffins. I just love the atmosphere and the food. With Animal Kingdom as my favorite park it’s one of my favorite dining options. Outside the parks I think I have to go Homecomin’. I have had nothing but great experiences there. They just added a brunch that I need to try. I am doing Cali Grill for the first time in Nov. so my opinion could change.

Quick Service: Satuli Canteen, for a quick service it’s awesome. Again the atmosphere is fantastic and it’s in my favorite park. I am also a big fan of the Harambe Market. An honorable Mention is probably Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs.

Sundays are for Disney:

Probably weird to say, but I think my favorite table service is Tusker House. Even though it’s character meal prices I always feel that I’ve had good food and a decent value. I love the green curry shrimp (I think the official name is longer, but that’s how I know it).

I’ll also say, I’ve enjoyed almost everywhere I’ve eaten from the routinely derided (Boatwrights) to the rarely mentioned (Restaurant Marrakech) to the lauded (Boma, Sanaa). I think we’ve still tried less than half of the restaurants and have never really done any signature dining. We will be trying the new prix fixe menu at Be Our Guest in January for our first visit there, along with our first visit to Ohana.

Quick Service: We’ve never done Satuli Canteen as I’m the only person in my family who has done anything more than a walkthrough of Pandora (the day we went last January neither ride ever was below 1.5 hour wait, the land itself was a madhouse, and we were staying off property so we never had a chance at FP+). Looking forward to trying it sometime. I like Sleepy Hollow, although I liked it more when it had the hand-dipped corn dogs which I think have disappeared. I could basically eat everything at les Halles. I’ve had a lot of good experiences at Riverside Mill in POR. I’ll try pretty much an QS long as there are options other than frozen burger patties and chicken nuggets (both of which I’ll eat and likely not hate because I’m not picky).

SAFD: So many good choices, it’s so hard to narrow it down to one from each category.

TS: I’ll go with Chefs de France right now. The bouef bourguignon is just so good! There are too many honorable mentions to go into, though.

CS: Tangierine Cafe. I love the beef and lamb shawarma platters and will often make multiple stops here per visit. Honorable mentions in this category go to Columbia Harbour House, a perennial favorite, and Flame Tree Barbecue.

Good thing I'm already full from breakfast while answering

TS: Victoria and Alberts...we went on our honeymoon and I'll never forget it. For less rare...be our guests...I'm a sucker for ambiance

QS: satuli canteen or Columbia harbor or the one in Japan or Tusker house back when it was counter service

Ps I really want to try that new Peter Pan float thing this trip

SAFD: So hard to choose! If we remove all the character meals...
CS: Satuli Canteen and BOG lunch- the quality of meals at both these places is just far above anything else!
TS: We always enjoy breakfast at Kona Cafe (Kona french press coffee,Tonga Toast and Pineapple Macdcadmina nut pancakes)- although the service has gone down hill, Runner up-high tea at Beach Club

Nothing beats the hand dipped corn dogs from the red wagon at Disneyland!!

This week's Sundays are for Disney is a simple one: what are your favorite (non-Disney Springs, I'm saving that for another week) table service and counter service restaurants on property? If you feel like it, throw your favorite menu item from those restaurants in there, too.

TS: Victoria & Albert's. The best Disney restaurant, hands down. We go every time we're back at our house in FL. We're really excited to dine there on Thanksgiving night, where they add a special holiday touch to their 10 course tasting menu.

CS: The Trio Combo at Cava del Tequila. Who doesn't like guacamole, cheese dip, and salsa?

TS: Victoria & Albert's. The best Disney restaurant, hands down. We go every time we're back at our house in FL. We're really excited to dine there on Thanksgiving night, where they add a special holiday touch to their 10 course tasting menu.

CS: The Trio Combo at Cava del Tequila. Who doesn't like guacamole, cheese dip, and salsa?
I think I’d die after 5 courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter