Does anyone have a recommendation for Bluetooth headphones that are meant for running (rain and sweat don't bother them) and that have a battery life of 5 hours? I had a set on Anker's that I used in last year's Marathon, but they died about a month later. I then picked up another pair that has been good, but only has a battery life of about 2.5 hours. I am trying to improve my time, but I just don't see myself getting through the Marathon in 2.5 hours:lmao:. I typically will only use one earbud for pacing or if I want to catch up on a podcast. I figure if I get them this month, I'll have plenty of time to get used to them before race day. I am one of those people that needs to wear/use an item an item for at least a few weeks of training runs before I will wear/use it on raceday.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pioneer Clip Wear. Great sound quality and being able to clip them to my shirt or hat is great and they don't break the bank either being under $40

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Wireless-Headphones-Integrated-SE-CL5BT/dp/B076X2DDJ1

I have tried a few. Bose SoundSport and Apple Air Pods both seem to fall out of my ears - maybe I have unusually large ones? I'd also get earaches the next day after listening to music for hours on a long run.

I've moved to the Trekz Air and I love them. The sound quality isn't quite as good, but they're amazingly comfortable and I can still hear my surroundings. Battery life seems good so far - will see how they do on my long runs coming up soon.

For wireless earphones I use the Powerbeats 3- only because I got them free with my tablet. They are very nice and I love them, but they are not worth the $150+ they usually cost. I suspect ear phones of equal quality could be bought for less than half that cost. My super cheap wired yurbuds are probably the best bang for the buck. Not great, but still very very good for less than 25 dollars.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Three months from today, we'll be waking up and another marathon weekend will be behind us.

So, with about 86 days to go, this week's Sundays are for Disney is a training check-in. Has everyone started with their training? How is it going? What's been working well for you? What's not working? Who wants to brag? Who needs a bit of motivation?

A half marathon later this morning will mark the end of my fourth week of training. Everything seems to be going well enough. The biggest hassle has been the weather. In the span of about 10 we went from 85 degrees, to non-stop rain, to 50s to 40s. I can handle those temps, but the change has just been so dramatic.

Anyway, I hope everyone else's training is going well. Have a good week, gang.

I will wrap up week 3 of training today with 2.5 miles. I had to cut 2 runs short this week due to weather, so I’m going to make up the missing miles today. I had some pain this week, but with a little therapy, and then wearing rock tape and calf sleeves on my 10 miler yesterday, I felt good as new. We got hit by Michael Thursday evening, thankfully just as a Tropical Storm, so I set out for 5 miles on the treadmill but called it at 3.5 because something slammed into my house...it was just a shutter coming undone. We got very lucky that the shutter and a MIA cushion were the only things that happened.

My husband took me out to his favorite trail system yesterday, First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach. I’ve never done a real trail, so I was a little nervous, but it was a lot of fun! There were a lot of trees down from the storm, but it was an absolutely gorgeous day. After, we went to get fish tacos and crushes on the boardwalk; perfect post-run reward. I think I’ll do some more exploring out there for the rest of my long runs on this plan!

I'm running, but like you with the same weather, I'm just happy after today (flurries possible) we should be out of rain for awhile. I messed up my leg before my marathon in September, ran the marathon and it seemed ok, took some time off/a few runs, went back to training and then my leg kind of relapsed a little on Friday's long run of 12. It's nothing major, more of an annoyance really, I just need to keep my hills in check as that's what aggravated it.

I'm not mentally ready for long cold runs yet, so if real fall weather could just come and stick around I'll be happy.

Keep up the training everyone!

ATTQOTD:

I've officially completed week 4 of my HM training. I've had to move a run or two by a day to get them all in but thankfully haven't had to miss any.

I was having some hip pain but that has almost completely gone now that I have new shoes. I had no idea how worn out mine were until I got new ones. Yikes!

The weather has finally started cooling off here so that has definitely improved my moral. It's suppose to warm back up for a few days and then cool off again. I can handle it as long as I know it's temporary. Running with temps in the 70s and a nice breeze is fabulous compared to 80s & 90s with high humidity.

Funny note: DH and I received our new fitbit's this week - mine's an upgrade but it's his first. Needless to say, I'm getting in even more steps because he wants to go for walks to meet his step goal.

This past week was terrible training wise but it was all pretty much out of my control. Last Saturday night, both kids were up all night with a stomach bug and took a few days to recover. Finally good enough for school on Tuesday just for the hurricane to come through on Wednesday and Thursday.

Other than this past week though, I’ve been really good with my training schedule despite all the stuff that’s going on. I feel strong, confident, and ready to tackle W&D (Dopey still intimidates me a little)

SAFD: So far so good! I finished Week 5 with a 10 miler yesterday and it was delightfully uneventful, just a great morning to run. Noticing some sore spots this morning that I’ll keep an eye on.

Honestly though...looking ahead to the really long runs and the thought of 26.2 still terrifies me! I keep telling myself that I’m not supposed to be able to run 20 miles right now, that will come with the training.

I also really need to get my nutrition figured out... that is one of my main worries right now.

So, with about 86 days to go, this week's Sundays are for Disney is a training check-in. Has everyone started with their training? How is it going? What's been working well for you? What's not working? Who wants to brag? Who needs a bit of motivation?
Today I will finish week 5 with a 12 mile long run. So far I have completed all of my runs and hit all of my paces. But, I know my upcoming Orlando vacation will challenge that. I decided to treat it like a race, and I have A, B and C training goals. A is obviously to complete all of my runs (except on travel day) and hit all of my miles (3, 6 or 9). B is to complete all of my runs, a minimum of 3 miles each. C is to run at least 3 times, at least 3 miles each. A will be a challenge, but B is doable. Either way, I shouldn't lose much fitness and can get back on track when I get home.

Once my long run hit double digits, I started practicing different fueling and hydration strategies. Last weekend I tried nuun performance for the first time. While it didn't bother my stomach at all, I really didn't like the taste. I am not sure if it was the mango flavor (they were out of the more popular blueberry/strawberry flavor) or whatever they use to add carbohydrates. It also did nothing to quench my thirst and actually left me incredibly thirsty, weird! I gave up about 2/3 of the way through and switched to regular nuun. Today I am going to try half and half to see if that helps. I also ate a smuckers uncrustable during my run. Someone on here mentioned seeing a woman eat one during last year's marathon. Yum, it was delicious!

I ordered two more pairs of running shoes and will switch to one after I return from Orlando, which is also when my long runs enter unknown territory at 15-20 miles. I will break in the second pair just before the marathon. It just blew my mind yesterday when someone mentioned we were exactly 3 months out. Crazy!

Training has not even started. :sad1: I came back from the Disneyland Paris 36k challenge both sick and hurt and recovery had been slow. Managed an incredibly slow 5k on Thursday, and an almost as slow 5 miles this morning. The mental panic that what I already knew was going to be a difficult distance is not being helped by not training.

The one positive in the last 3 weeks was that I was able to virtual stalk some of you that did Chicago. Watching your splits really drove home the challenge of the second half of the marathon. Yes, I read about it but to see it happen to people at all levels showed me the importance of being super careful with my pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter