SAFD: I have zero crafty-ness. I really admire those who can create and run in more elaborate costumes.

My sister will be doing the 10K with me, so we'll probably both rock the dots.

I'll be doing the Full solo, and I'm not sure what I want to wear for it yet. I haven't even decided what to wear for the W&D Half. :oops:

Btw, for everyone saying something along the lines of "I don't costume because I can't craft" ... you can costume without crafting. There are about a million Etsy shops out there that do costumes. Or you could do a DisneyBound, or wear a character-inspired shirt. I'm not planning on making anything for this trip (although I have in the past ... the Dumbo skirt of 2016), just wearing regular running clothing in character-inspired combinations.

If you don't want to costume, that's cool too, but if you're interested in repping your favorite character but can't do the crafts, it can be done.

SAFD: Minnie Mouse- all 4 days
5K-Pink Minnie
10K- Black with white polka dots
Half- Blue Minnie with daisy
Full- Classic red polka dots
All costumes can be altered based on weather with black long sleeve shirt/jacket, arms sleeves, leggings, calf warmers and/or hats.
Already have a collection of throw away white gloves!

If you don't want to costume, that's cool too, but if you're interested in repping your favorite character but can't do the crafts, it can be done.
This is similar to what I often do. I will use tech clothing in character inspired colors. So one year for the Dark Side 10K, I wore gray shorts and a gray tech shirt with a lightsaber for Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back. I've also done all black for Return of the Jedi Luke. On another occasion, I wore all black, had a Darth Vader mouse ear beanie and ran with the Kylo Red lightsaber for Darth Vader fanboy Kylo Ren. Costumes can be very simple.

This year for the Dark Side 10K, I went as Jedi Prince Phillip. A friend of mine made me a cape that read "Once Upon a Dream in a galaxy far, far away" and I had a Kawaiian Prince Phillip running shirt.

For marathon weekend, it's all up in the air at the moment. I'll probably go as somebody being trained by Yoda for the half, may bring back the Prince Phillip costume for the 10K, and the half and full are weather dependent although at least running with a lightsaber is a distinct possibility for those races.

For the half we are planning to do Pooh and friends. I am gonna go as Tigger with a tigger stripped t-shirt, black shorts and either orange calf sleeves or black compression tights depending how cold it is (@jennamfeo are u looking to unload those tigger ears? lol). My wife and 2 adult daughters are going to be Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet.

I may go with a just an orange tech shirt instead of the tigger stripped shirt depending on the weather as I am not crazy about wearing a cotton shirt if it is hot and I am sweating.

For the full I am running by myself and will wear tech gear in Mickey colors - black shirt, red shorts, black calf sleeves or black compression tights depending how cold it is.

1/3 done! That seems crazy!

7 miler actually wasn’t the best- it was super windy, which basically sucked the joy out of it! Got it done though!

How was yours??
Run was really good. Only thing was I went to run at the Tuscaloosa Riverwalk and apparently had not seen that they were doing to Susan G. Komen walk and I had to weave in and out of a lot of traffic :) That said, I was under 11 minute/mile pace for 7 miles and I've been under 10 minute/mile on the short runs over the past couple of weeks since the weather has gotten cooler. I've probably dropped a minute off of my pace since I'm not running in 90 degree heat with 70-90% humidity!

Btw, for everyone saying something along the lines of "I don't costume because I can't craft" ... you can costume without crafting. There are about a million Etsy shops out there that do costumes. Or you could do a DisneyBound, or wear a character-inspired shirt. I'm not planning on making anything for this trip (although I have in the past ... the Dumbo skirt of 2016), just wearing regular running clothing in character-inspired combinations.

Agree 100%. I’m not crafty and I’m so jealous of cosplayers who do that sort of thing so well.

My “costumes” will be super basic, but I’m looking forward to just getting into the spirit of the races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter