SAFD: Nothing planned this year. Ran the 5K in my Eeyore onesie a couple years in a row, but he's been retired. I'm not very craftsy (craftish?), so any thoughts about what could be a fun costume inevitably fall by the wayside with the acknowledgement that I can't execute them well enough to make the effort pay off. Here's some evidence of the last, very hot run I made in my attempt at a costume (with my sister as Tigger):
WDWRUNDISNEY_WDWMARA5KMEDALBACKDROP3_20170105_7914431872.jpg

SAFD: I’m still working on getting everything together and have a few more things to make. 5k is Cinderella (with lots of layers under as necessary) and 10k is Ariel (also with layers under as necessary) 48C72DD0-F31D-4B7C-B92F-9ADAD01E6442.jpeg

Then for the half, we are going to be Donald Duck. I made a mini beret to wear in my hair but forgot to add it to this photo. A5382903-C401-42E7-BB74-1EFB137B48DB.jpeg

Full is being run by my sister as well so we chose Wall-e. My husband will have a Wall-e shirt from Kawaiian Pizza Apparel, I’m Eve, my sister is going to be the plant, and my mom (spectating) is going to be the human. Made my sister a little leaf plant to pin on her head and she’s wearing a green shirt, brown circle skirt, and brown capris. I’m making my mom a red tracksuit like the humans wear and we need to track down a cup for her complimentary cupcake in a cup. My outfit so far. 2DBBE815-6B8B-4803-9A78-E5E9D1E97F89.jpeg

I was going to save this one for closer to Halloween, but since everyone is so eager to talk costumes, let's dive right in: what is everyone planning to wear for their race(s)? Obviously, weather is going to play a big role in this. Also, feel free to chime in if you're not wearing a costume or special outfit, it's still a good way for everyone to compare plans.
For the marathon, I am going to wear my favorite costume, that of a runner! I do really enjoy seeing everyone else's creative costumes. I'm just not a costume person myself. I may have a friend create a shirt for me to wear during the 5k that honors the Disney dogs and my best pal. But, I have not reached out to her yet.

5K: No clue. I may just go no costume. It depends on what I buy between now and January. Gray/Peach shoes (aka Peachy Keen ... my mom named them :))

10K: Not 100% sure, but thinking my Raw Threads mermaid shirt with a black skirt, guava shoes (Guava Lava) (I don't have a great picture of the shirt, but here's me wearing it at a race):
mermaid.jpg

Full: Minnie Mouse - red polka dot skirt, black shirt. The black shirt I have has an open back, so I'm going to try to find a red shirt to wear underneath, but if I can't find a red shirt that matches the skirt, I'll just wear a black shirt underneath. Undecided on the shoes - either the same Guava shoes as the 10K or something new. I'll decide after my 16 miler in a few weeks if Guava Lava are my marathon shoes or if I want to get new shoes.

SAFD: I usually don’t do costumes for the races. Goofy will most likely be whatever InknBurn shirts I’m favoring at the time. I’ve run the last couple of Disney marathons in the InB Medieval shirt, so that will likely make an appearance. I’m also partial to the InB Light Speed since my last two marathons PRs have been run in it. We’ll see as we get closer and find out what the temps will be.

SAFD: If someone could just tell me what the weather will do, I’ll plan my outfit! I am having a hard time deciding...
For the princess half, I had a tank made with my name in red glitter “Disney lettering” on the back. I thought about doing something like that again (or maybe even the same one??) but I think it will maybe be too cold? I want to wear basically normal running clothes with a touch of Minnie.

upload_2018-10-21_10-58-30.jpeg

SAFD: Like many others I admire the costumes, love to see what people come up with, but have no crafting talent. For the full I'll wear my Minnie inspired outfit: red shirt, black pants and either a Minnie Mouse bow baseball hat or visor depending on the weather. Not sure about the 10k, but possibly the same theme. Will see when it comes time to pack what the extended forecast is.

Full: Minnie Mouse
Me too, but not traditional Minnie! I wasn't sure if it would be my half or full outfit but after seeing the mouse ears photos we will be getting I figured Minnie would match best for the full for after photos.

I haven't sewn/made anything, it's all in my head.

Then the half is Goofy inspired. Going Classic. No matter the weather it will be tank & skirt. If it's cold I'll have to just figure out under stuff/arm warmers, etc.

SAFD: If someone could just tell me what the weather will do, I’ll plan my outfit! I am having a hard time deciding...
For the princess half, I had a tank made with my name in red glitter “Disney lettering” on the back. I thought about doing something like that again (or maybe even the same one??) but I think it will maybe be too cold? I want to wear basically normal running clothes with a touch of Minnie.

View attachment 359833
How did your 7-mile go on Saturday?

6 weeks down... 12 to go...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter