• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, if I'm adding correctly from bib numbers last year for Marathon, Goofy and Dopey there were 26,893. This year the same totals are 16,755.

That's really quick math on my part, but if accurate that's a massive drop.

ETA: Dopey is very close to the same. The big drops were the marathon and Goofy. Oops, ETA again there was also a pretty significant drop in Dopey too.

Yup. About a 10K drop for the "majors" of the weekend, and I expect the 5 and 10 to fall in line with that - especially since only three corrals are needed for the 5K.

So, if I'm adding correctly from bib numbers last year for Marathon, Goofy and Dopey there were 26,893. This year the same totals are 16,755.

That's really quick math on my part, but if accurate that's a massive drop.

ETA: Dopey is very close to the same. The big drops were the marathon and Goofy. Oops, ETA again there was also a pretty significant drop in Dopey too.
Yeah Goofy has a very small field.

I'll be running Goofy from Corral B.

DD20 will be running the marathon from Corral F.

Let me know if any people on the fringe of my POT guesses come back falling into a corral I didn't predict. That'll help me refine the current guesses. I'm guessing I'm probably within 60 seconds on most cutoffs. Thanks in advance!

I’m one of the first bibs in F for the marathon (I don’t know if that’s truly an indication of how close I was to E or not). Based on the POT I submitted, I knew it was going to be close but assumed I’d be in F.

Is F the giant corral? How hard is it going to be to get moving?

I'm in C!

Me too! Corral C!

My friend is G. So now I think I'll just find out what she wants to do and be zen and go with that. If there really is that many less people, then maybe G won't be so bad and having company will offset it.

If she was planning on running solo anyways no matter the corral...then C it is.

I’m one of the first bibs in F for the marathon (I don’t know if that’s truly an indication of how close I was to E or not). Based on the POT I submitted, I knew it was going to be close but assumed I’d be in F.

Is F the giant corral? How hard is it going to be to get moving?
F is usually the biggest. Looks like H is up there to this year. I would try to get to the first wave of F and you should be fine.

Let me know if any people on the fringe of my POT guesses come back falling into a corral I didn't predict. That'll help me refine the current guesses. I'm guessing I'm probably within 60 seconds on most cutoffs. Thanks in advance!

I think I'm a border case. I had this response from runDisney comparing a 3:45:30 Full and 1:44:25 Half POT for the marathon

Thank you for reaching out. We have our verifier calculate the times for you and posted them below:
  • 1:44:25 half marathon time would calculate to a 3:40 marathon. Either time would place you in the same corral.
I submitted the Half time and have a 4xx bib number in corral A

Your most recent chart you posted today correctly predicted my corral. And I was near the far end on time. I am ~500 bibs away from next corral down.

I’m in corral D which is what I expected. According to my bib number, I was only off from C by around 15 bib numbers. I used the same proof of time and I’m pretty sure I wasn’t that close to C last year. I guess it goes to show you what the downsize in numbers is this year. Man I hope this means shorter character lines for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter